The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elliot Friedman 30 Thoughts: Canucks ha have made offer for 1st overall pick

i don't know why ppl are obsess with having a massive B grade prospect pool when reality there's really only 3 spots up for grabs in this franchise for the next 4 years.. as long as the Sedins are still on the team being paid 7mil.. they are going to be at the very least your second line player.. so in reality you have horvat, shinkaruk, jensen, gaunce, cassel etc etc + whatever we get from the kesler trade + this year's draft pick fighting for 3 spots? maybe 4? if that's the case i'm willing to sacrifice a few to reduce the pool and increase the talent on it.. it's not like we won't be drafting in the top 10 for the next couple years most likely.. so losing 1 or 2 prospect with the chance to get high end prospect is well worth it.. otherwise we'll be rebuilding forever like the flames.

I guess no one saw Craig Button's TSN draft list show then? Dale Tallon was on there and he said what he wanted. A good young player who can play now, a pick, and another good young player. So...not keen on the veterans. That sounds like Tanev, a top end prospect and a pick. Not worth it. Especially since Button also outlined how Reinhart could drop to 4th, which is quite possible, when you look at it.

Let's talk to Edmonton. Get their pick instead.

Linden was given all the power in hockey-related operations by the owners when he was hired.

If Linden and Benning go all in for the 1st overall, I believe it's a hockey move, and that they really believe in that #1 pick.

The owners have said that year after year and I don't buy that its pretty obvious the owners have their hands all over this team.

i don't know why ppl are obsess with having a massive B grade prospect pool when reality there's really only 3 spots up for grabs in this franchise for the next 4 years.. as long as the Sedins are still on the team being paid 7mil.. they are going to be at the very least your second line player.. so in reality you have horvat, shinkaruk, jensen, gaunce, cassel etc etc + whatever we get from the kesler trade + this year's draft pick fighting for 3 spots? maybe 4? if that's the case i'm willing to sacrifice a few to reduce the pool and increase the talent on it.. it's not like we won't be drafting in the top 10 for the next couple years most likely.. so losing 1 or 2 prospect with the chance to get high end prospect is well worth it.. otherwise we'll be rebuilding forever like the flames.

I think you mean Edmonton?

If giving up Tanev, a pick, and a roster player gets the Canucks the 1st overall, it would be worth it.

Especially if the first overall is Ekblad. Having a 6'4" 220 lb. defenseman at 18 years old, who possesses a huge amount of skill, strength, and isn't afraid to throw down, would be a great way to start off the new season.

Personally I'd prefer to deal away Garrison because of his underwhelming play and lack of physicality. Tanev is a much more composed blueliner who would be a great partner for Ekblad. Stanton and Corrado could then step into the 3/4 position once the present top four go the way of the dodo.

Just more reasons to pick ekblad. I concur.

The owners have said that year after year and I don't buy that its pretty obvious the owners have their hands all over this team.

Look where that got them? Back to back President trophy winners to drafting 6th overall.

They have learned from that hence why the hired Linden to do the work.

I guess no one saw Craig Button's TSN draft list show then? Dale Tallon was on there and he said what he wanted. A good young player who can play now, a pick, and another good young player. So...not keen on the veterans. That sounds like Tanev, a top end prospect and a pick. Not worth it. Especially since Button also outlined how Reinhart could drop to 4th, which is quite possible, when you look at it.

Let's talk to Edmonton. Get their pick instead.

Exactly, most on cdc were saying he wants vets in the 30 plus range and running people down for laughing at that idea.

Exactly, most on cdc were saying he wants vets in the 30 plus range and running people down for laughing at that idea.

Nope, just current players, ie: not prospects. Which is what Tallon himself had said.

Current players. Top 4 D, top 9 skaters.

Nope, just current players, ie: not prospects. Which is what Tallon himself had said.

Current players. Top 4 D, top 9 skaters.

Yes but not players in the 30 plus range. Ie, all the proposals in the proposal forum. Needing to make the playoffs and having players that have more then 3 years left are totally different.

if Edm didn't sign Nikitin today then getting #3 pick would be alot cheaper imo, only trading Tanev or Garrison and later pick.

and still have chance for Reinhart/Bennett/Ekblad

and keep #6

plus ANA 10 and 24, Theodore/Etem from Kesler deal

and keep all our prospect

Look where that got them? Back to back President trophy winners to drafting 6th overall.

They have learned from that hence why the hired Linden to do the work.

Linden was hired for the same reasons its marketing It has nothing to do with business. I've read countless times on here how people are already praising Linden for turning this franchise around and he has done pretty much nothing.

Archived