Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

19 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

AND ME don't forget me.

You are missing out though

Am I unblocked?

45 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Had to block him. Only have 2 on my list.

I have been on these boards since 2008 with a few different accounts and Alf is the first user that I'm seriously contemplating ignoring.

He reminds me of that old guy at work among a younger crew who tries to be funny and cool to fit in but ends up being unbearably annoying.  When ever he says something you'll look at your co worker with a mutual understanding of disgust. It actually bonds you together. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Desi and 'old man' something...can't remember his name. 

Alf may be lucky number 3 if he keeps this up. 

Was any one here when The Duke was around........if I remember correctly, he employed the same schtik, talking in the third person, but as John Wayne.

5 hours ago, nergish said:

Well, it shouldn't. But I mean, somebody like Boeser can look and see that 20+ players in his age group were taken ahead of him that don't have a say in where they play because... they shouldn't.

Other players drafted have similar rights.

If Tryamkin didn't sign with the Canucks this spring, he'd have become an UFA at the end of the summer. 

If a Canadian junior player doesn't sign within two years of being drafted, he re-enters the draft.  If he's too old for the draft, he becomes an UFA.  So any Canadian junior could, if he wanted, not sign for four years (through two drafts) and become an UFA.

5 hours ago, nergish said:

... If Thatch decides he's not going to play for Vancouver, he's saying just that - he doesn't like our city, he doesn't like our colours, he doesn't like our logo, and he doesn't like our team. ...

That's quite a leap.  I would have thought if he decides not to sign with the Canucks, it says he doesn't want to play for the Canucks.  It has nothing to do with the city, the colours or the logo.

It could mean he sees a better chance for himself elsewhere.  It could mean he doesn't see himself as a fit for the Canucks management or coaching.  It could mean he thinks his chances of enjoying a winning environment while developing are better elsewhere.  It could mean he'd prefer a city where hockey isn't what sports fans dwell on and where he wouldn't face the same media pressure.  It could mean ... any number of things which don't insult the city and have nothing to do with colours or logos.  If he doesn't sign here (I'm guessing he eventually will) we may never know his reasons, and I see no reason to take offence and take a business decision as a personal insult.

Edited by tyhee
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Am I unblocked?

I have been on these boards since 2008 with a few different accounts and Alf is the first user that I'm seriously contemplating ignoring.

He reminds me of that old guy at work among a younger crew who tries to be funny and cool to fit in but ends up being unbearably annoying.  When ever he says something you'll look at your co worker with a mutual understanding of disgust. It actually bonds you together. 

You know, I thought I was reading a post about Demko? But to my amazement, it has swung over to Alf and Uncool old guys.....since I am old and have been young, I can tell you that in most cases, you will find that the maturity of that work crew you are talking about is questionable and you will understand that when you get older.

From my encounters with Alf, he has made a lot of vey good points over the time he has been on here, and does so while not taking these boards so seriously, that is not to say we don't all go astray from time to time, as you and I both have......

My suggestion, is that by stating how uncool that older guys is, you probably are not that cool yourself........but I suspect you already know that, and are just trying to over compensate.....

No?

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

You know, I thought I was reading a post about Demko? But to my amazement, it has swung over to Alf and Uncool old guys.....since I am old and have been young, I can tell you that in most cases, you will find that the maturity of that work crew you are talking about is questionable and you will understand that when you get older.

From my encounters with Alf, he has made a lot of vey good points over the time he has been on here, and does so while not taking these boards so seriously, that is not to say we don't all go astray from time to time, as you and I both have......

My suggestion, is that by stating how uncool that older guys is, you probably are not that cool yourself........but I suspect you already know that, and are just trying to over compensate.....

No?

I'm a huge loser, why else would I be on CDC? 

5 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

Lol are you thinking of bodee the mayray lover?

No, I think it's Granpappy or something. Some old, obnoxious troll I couldn't stand to read further. I literally felt dumber every time I read one of his posts.

Probably been banned by now :lol:

7 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I love demko as a player, but if he signs elsewhere I'm getting the jersey of the team he signs with. On that jersey will have his number and the name will be JUDAS.

It's Demko's decision on whether or not he leaves the team.