The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

1 hour ago, firestorm238 said:

"Tomorrow" would be a nice timeframe to sign and go join the Comets for a play-off run... Just sayin'

if i was demko, thats what I would do, burn a year of elc right away, get a feel for the A, see the pace so he knows what to train for over the summer and be way ahead of the game come next fall. that would be best for his development as an athlete.

Edited by Canucks Curse
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, nergish said:

I agree. Utica will be a fun team to cover if all those are guys there. Though, unless we draft Laine and sign Lucic, I just don't see how Jake goes back. He brings too much speed, tenacity, and strength to our lineup to send him back. 

Depends on his summer and how consistent virt can be next year but I could see Virt and Burr split time in Utica and 3rd line here.

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Thatcher Demko has been named to US world championship team. Along with David Warsofsky and Miles Wood.

Here's the link: 

This isn't a pro contract or anything either so it doesn't affect his NCAA status one way or the other, before anyone asks.

2 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Here's the link: 

This isn't a pro contract or anything either so it doesn't affect his NCAA status one way or the other, before anyone asks.

This was EXACTLY Dylan Larkin's path, isn't it?  Played at 2015 world's. Joined the A team for a series against the Comets.  Then signed with the Wings. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, cbdoubleu said:

I'm starting to shift to the "he's not going sign here" side.

I'm on the don't really care what he does side. We develop the best goalies in the league. His loss.  

4 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Here's the link: 

Matthews and Demko playing on the same team.

Dare to dream...

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This was EXACTLY Dylan Larkin's path, isn't it?  Played at 2015 world's. Joined the A team for a series against the Comets.  Then signed with the Wings. 

Yes Larkin finished up his college year last year and then went on to play at the 2015 World Championships for USA. After that tournament ended on May 17 he went on to sign his pro contract with Detroit a few days later and went to play for their farm team. He scored against Utica and Markstrom when they played each other. 

If Demko is gonna play at the World's then he's most likely not going to sign until he gets back, if he signs.  Unless he signs in the next week or two. The World Championships are in Russia and start on May 6. 

12 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

If Demko is gonna play at the World's then he's most likely not going to sign until he gets back, if he signs.  Unless he signs in the next week or two. The World Championships are in Russia and start on May 6. 

Didn't he say he was going to give the Canucks his decision in 3 weeks about a week ago?

46 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Thatcher Demko has been named to US world championship team. Along with David Warsofsky and Miles Wood.

Now I can go quote myself from last year when I said that he could be on the US world championship roster and was laughed at............

17 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Yes Larkin finished up his college year last year and then went on to play at the 2015 World Championships for USA. After that tournament ended on May 17 he went on to sign his pro contract with Detroit a few days later and went to play for their farm team. He scored against Utica and Markstrom when they played each other. 

Alex Lyon went last year and returned to college, just saying...

8 minutes ago, Lui's Knob said:

This really isn't starting to look good.....maybe Demko feels he is NHL ready and unless Miller/Markstrom are shipped off, he's not going to Utica?

I'd trade both goalies to give Demko a spot - he's that good (or will be in a couple years)....

We have no idea how good he is, or isn't.  Not many tenders make that jump Grimm ncaa to NHL without going down in flames.  I'm sure Demko knows he's destined for a couple of years in the A, regardless of which team he ends up with.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Lui's Knob said:

This really isn't starting to look good.....maybe Demko feels he is NHL ready and unless Miller/Markstrom are shipped off, he's not going to Utica?

I'd trade both goalies to give Demko a spot - he's that good (or will be in a couple years)....

Calm down chicken little, no need to mash the panic button yet.

The kid is signing tomorrow. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Lui's Knob said:

Or maybe he's giving himself time to let the dust settle after losing in the final four. Winning a championship was a big goal of his and he probably wants to take the time to reflect on his season properly and go from there.

Unlike fans these players aren't going to rush big decisions. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Lui's Knob said:

Always that one guy that panics over absolutely nothing.