The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you comfortable with Lack & Markstrom?

Canuckler87

Still think 60+ games is a huge jump for Lack. It wouldn't be a bad idea to give him a 20 game trial. If the team is competitive and we are losing games because of goaltending, it may be wise to go the trade route. Word out of Toronto is that James Reimer is trade bait. He could be a possibility if he is still there come that time. Lets not trade any prospects or draft picks if we do go this route though

Comfortable with Lack absolutely just as long as they split the time 60-40 this year and not the 15+ whatever it was straight games Torts pulled. Markstrom not really comfortable with him but he has so much potential do you want to give up on him after like 2 games? with us.. i dno tough call. Id be fine with the duo heading into the season for the reason only being im perfectly fine with running with the young guys and whatever happens happens.

Dan Murphy on the Sportsnet HockeyCentral show before Free Agency said that Jim Benning is not happy going into the season with Lack and Markstrom as his goaltenders and would rather have Lack split time with a veteran. I guess this means no tanking? A part of me would not mind a bad season because of the supposedly deep upcoming draft. I guess it's try making the playoffs and hope for the best though...

As a rebuilding team I am more than content with Lack and Markstrom as the two goalies.

Yes, sure you may be content but you are not the owners who want to make the playoffs every year and you stand a better chance with a veteran goaltender. How can you put your faith in a goaltender who player less than 50 games in a whole career? Every goaltender has to wait for his chance to play after being a backup for many years. Look at Scheidner and all the years sitting on the bench, learning the system and developing. Eddie is not ready yet.

Look for Miller to be signed in the next couple of days.

What happens to Markstrom if we sign Miller? Doesn't he have to clear waivers to play in the A?

If so, he would obviously be claimed...

Edit: I apologize if this is a dumb question that's been answered many times.

Adding veterans just means we stay mediocre forever. To get better we have to make only future oriented moves... and that means not acquiring veterans and not trading draft picks. (People seem to forget that we only got the Sedins because we got very high picks.)

Archived