The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you comfortable with Lack & Markstrom?

Canuckler87

Yes comfortable, but for development and organizational goal of playoffs.

Sign 1-3 year Hiller/miller

Lack 30-40 games

Markstrom possibly traded because of waiver wire.

Short-term 2 years for Miller or Hiller. Benning has connection and history with Miller

This. If Lack gets hurt at any point during the season and is out for an extended period of time we might as well just start selling McDavid jerseys.

And..... Problem is......

Would be the best thing possible for this franchise. People here wanted us to trade the moon for the 1st overall THIS draft. I like Reinhart, but he's not even close to McDavid. 1 year of sucking would be worth the position it would put us in for the next decade:

Virtanen-McDavid-Jensen

Shinkaruk-Horvat-Kassian

Gaunce-McCann-Cassels/Fox

I am very comfertable. Goalies are the least of our problems. Does it really matter if they have NHL experience or not? Lack Mand Markstrom need to be our 1-2 punch next year so that they can GET that experience and turn into pretty good goalies. Or at least legit #1 starters. People need to realize that were probably not making the playoffs next year anyway. And even if by some stroke of luck.. we do, we're out in the 1st round to Chicago, LA, San Jose, etc. Let our prospects grow and develop. Look at Colorado, they were rebuilding for a number of years, and suddenly they're top of the central div. Not saying we're going to be as bad as Colorado was by any means. We're probably going to make a decent push for the playoffs. But I see nothing wrong with giving our young goalies experience. I really hope Benning stays away from the goalies in FA.

Yes.

We don't need any goalies.

We need scorers.

Next.

This.

Besides, you can't have a retool/rebuild without young high end talent, and now that we've played our last major trade chip, the only way to get that talent is to have a few top end draft picks.

I'm not saying we should tank next season, but given the quality and depth of the 2015 draft and where we are as an organization, I think we should stick with our existing goalies next season and if we miss the playoffs again the so be it. We can take our high picks and our cap space and go out and get a goalie the following season if need be.

Heck, we might not even have to do that if Thatcher Demko can do what John Gibson has done in Anaheim and be ready to make the team in a couple of years.

Nope. Markstrom is going to need far too much tutelage from Melanson that should be going to Lack. I'm much more comfortable with a veteran than Divestrom to back up Lack.

So you want to trade away Markstrom? Okay you obviously don't realize his skill level and extremely high ceiling.

management are looking to pick up a #1 goalie...

So what happens with lack and markstrom?

We would have to run 3 goalies with 1 always in the press box.

I think we should run with what we have, give them both some experience, and take it from there. As previously mentioned we are not contenders even if we sneak into the playoffs. We are better off with a top draft pick

So you want to trade away Markstrom? Okay you obviously don't realize his skill level and extremely high ceiling.

I really don't like the kid after his divefest in the World Juniors. He got very easily rattled in a clutch situation, which isn't a good sign given the market he's in.

No. I think Canucks should go after Jonas Hiller on July 1st. Signing Jonas Hiller makes a lot of sense as it takes pressure off Eddie Lack, lets Jacob Markstrom find his game in the AHL and it shouldn’t cost too much anyway.

would markstrom not have to clear waivers?

Why not hire some grossly obese man duck tape him in. Seriously what are the rules I bet you could find a guy somewhere that takes up every inch. And only costs weekly Tim Hortons gift cards. But really what if a huge man took up all the space would the nhl allow that? Lol

Can we go the trade route ? Which goalies would be available? Someone young who just entered their prime or is about too enter their prime. Just look at the value Colorado is getting out of Varlamov or what Tampa Bay is getting from Bishop. Young goaltenders who can win now and in a couple years when we get good as a team. Would not mind trading Hansen or Burrows as part of a package

anyone who is fine with the lack/markstrom tandem has written off next season. give your head a shake. lack has looked very average and i don't even know if markstrom will ever be more than a back up. lack needs more work and markstrom is too unproven to be turned to if eddie starts losing games. too much pressure and not enough experience. can't believe all the hockey smart cdc ers that i've respected for so long would even consider this adequate unless we want to tank.

anyone who is fine with the lack/markstrom tandem has written off next season. give your head a shake. lack has looked very average and i don't even know if markstrom will ever be more than a back up. lack needs more work and markstrom is too unproven to be turned to if eddie starts losing games. too much pressure and not enough experience. can't believe all the hockey smart cdc ers that i've respected for so long would even consider this adequate unless we want to tank.

A lot of us DO want to tank.

Archived