The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jensen, Gaunce, Horvat, Shinkaruk

whcanuck

i think you send the kids down to the farm and let them all develop together barring horvat who they might want to keep since he cant play in utica.

sedin-sedin-burr

ufa(moulson?)-bonino-kass

higgins-vey-hansen

matthias-richardson-dorsett

sestito

will give you the ability to roll 4 solid lines and play like calgary did dog on a bone style hockey. Might not win a tonne of games but they will give an honest effort.

will allow our topend young players to play and be competitive in the AHL

I get why junior teams don't want there guys going pro early, they want to sell tickets but there should be some exception to the rule that allows NHL teams to put a certain amount of junior drafts in the AHL, reason being that maybe in some cases it is better for the player's development to go pro and play in the AHL vs going back to junior.

I think Horvat should go to junior again after getting a few games under his belt. Yea, he doesn't have anything to prove in the OHL but I envision a similar path to Mark Scheifele's in getting to the NHL. Chances of him being a difference maker next season are slim. Let him continue to dominate in juniors and refine his offensive game.

Mark Scheifele

75 points in 66 games (1.14PPG)

63 points in 47 games (1.34PPG)

79 points in 49 games (1.61PPG)

34 points in 63 games (0.54PPG) [NHL]

Bo Horvat

61 points in 67 games (0.91PPG)

74 points in 54 games (1.37PPG)

I would disagree with Gaunce. While I think he will make a strong case, I feel as if the AHL will do him good for one season and then after if Richardson isn't resigned he can fit nicely into his role on the fourth line to start.

I should have clarified. I also think he should go to the AHL but have a feeling he's going to play himself into the opening night roster.

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Burrows - Bonino - Kassian

Higgins - Horvat - Hansen

Matthias - Richardson - Dorsett

This is how I see where Horvat & Jensen make it and Gaunce & Shinkaruk spend another year down in the minors.

Where is Linden Vey? Benning expects him to be on the roster. Expect one of either Hansen or Burrows to be traded - maybe both. I'd rather see a top UFA left wing on the 2nd line - someone with a scoring touch. Jussi Jokinen >> Burr IMHO.

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Burrows - Bonino - Kassian

Higgins - Horvat - Hansen

This is how I see where Horvat & Jensen make it and Gaunce & Shinkaruk spend another year down in the minors.

Is Vey the 13th forward?

Horvat will have to take the job, it won't be given to him. And we need the type of play making skills he can offer just as much as two way / defensive ability...

Higgins is probably the most indifferent player in terms of attitude on the roster. He doesnt give a lick if this team wins or loses. Richardson is a borderline nhler and we need to bring Gaunce in.

Do you even watch the Canucks play? :sadno:

Imo,

Gaunce, Shinks, Fox and probably Vey go to AHL. If they do well, they will get call ups

Horvat will have to play very well in his first 9 games for the team to waste a year of his ELC

Jensen makes the team

Hansen and Burr won't be traded because of one bad season. It gives the Nucks more flexibility to send the prospects to the AHL and call them up as needed. If any of them look really good, then they can trade one of the regulars later in the season.

One more year in Jrs won't hurt Horvat. He should be a top player in the league and hopefully get some time to work on his offensive game.

There are few very key points ive heard Benning and Dejardins make the past few days. One is Benning has already slotted Vey on the 3rd line with the likelyhood he willl be a top 6 guy soon. The other is Dejardins and both Benning have stressed the importance of having size and strength down the middle in this division. Also, Benning is a huge fan of Matthias and sees the untapped potential there. With that said, id say the team looks more like...

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen

Bonino-Mathias-Kassian

Horvat-Vey-Burrows

Dorsett-Gaunce-Hansen

But im betting Benning acquires a winger to play on the 2nd unit with Mathias and Kassian so Bonino moves to centre the third line with Burros and Vey. That would give us 3 scoring lines. And a 4th centred by Horvat.

What about Higgins and Richardson? I'd rather keep Higgins than Hansen, and I don't think Gaunce will be ready

Where is Linden Vey? Benning expects him to be on the roster. Expect one of either Hansen or Burrows to be traded - maybe both. I'd rather see a top UFA left wing on the 2nd line - someone with a scoring touch. Jussi Jokinen >> Burr IMHO.

I'm posting how the lineup currently stands right now. Probably after Free Agency, it will be something like:

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

UFA - Bonino - Kassian

Higgins - Horvat - Vey

Higgins is probably the most indifferent player in terms of attitude on the roster. He doesnt give a lick if this team wins or loses. Richardson is a borderline nhler and we need to bring Gaunce in.

Higgins is one of the only people last year to continue to make an effort every night. Problem is he was playing a top 6 role, he should be 3rd line

Unless I am mistaken, Linden Vey is now RFA and his ELC has expired. Once we agree a new contract with him, if we wanted to send him To Utica, he would have to go through waivers.

Linden will almost certainly be staying in Vancouver!

I suspect Shinkaruk and Gaunce will end up in the AHL and Horvat will go back to London again.

I think Jensen will stay up though.

I thought Vey held his own in an LA uniform for the few of their games I watched. I'm excited to see him in a Canucks uniform next season, I think he'll win us over. Good value for a 2nd round pick, especially since he's already mostly developed for us.

Aside from the 2013-14 season, I have really liked Hansen as a solid 3rd line player. Had he not hurt his shoulder early in the year, I think he'd have been much better than he was. One of the fastest players on the team and solid penalty killer, though hands of stone. I would vote to use him at least a couple seasons longer to allow more time for young guns coming up.

I personally think our forwards next season will look like:

Sedin-Sedin-Burr (at least to start)

Higgins-Bonino-Kassian

*[Jensen, Horvat, or Fox]*-Matthias-Vey (Matthias battling for 2C, Vey challenging for 2RW)

Dorsett-Richardson-Hansen (solid 4th line that can eating up PK mins)

with Sestito hanging around, probably not playing much (if at all)

Biggest question mark will be like just every season. Who will score on the 2nd line?

I don't expect a ton of GF this season, but I think we'll keep the GA down and either make the playoffs or die trying.

I really wish Horvat could play in the AHL next season, that's where I'd have him. But ultimately, I think he'll end up playing a final year in juniors. Whichever kid has the best training camp makes it as 3rd line winger, and the rest will be available as call-ups (aside from Horvat, sadly). No need to pull a Florida and bring them all in at once.

Really hope Horvat or someone else can become our 2nd line centre. As much hype as Bonino is receiving on CDC, he brings zero physical presence. He threw only 28 hits last year. Henrik Sedin threw 43. We are going to be so soft up the middle with Bonino anchoring a 2nd line. He's also not a great face off guy. If he really is our second best centre next year, it's going to be a long one.

Why is everybody saying Jensen is a lock for the NHL. Did you not watch last year? Was good the first couple games then was completely invisible for the rest. And he didnt even excel in the AHL either. If he has a good training camp by all means put him on the team but as of now he's AHL bound.

Archived