The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Comets may be without a head coach soon.

avelanch

Burke-Twit_bigger.jpgBrendan Burke@brendanmburke 2h
Travis Green was Mike Johnston’s assistant with @pdxwinterhawks prior to joining #Comets. http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/vancouver-canucks/Canucks+Mike+Santorelli+slip+away/9979127/story.html
View summary

Burke-Twit_bigger.jpgBrendan Burke@brendanmburke 2h
The @VanCanucks have granted permission to #Comets head coach Travis Green to talk with @penguins about joining them as an assistant coach.

I really liked Green with our prospects too. He was great with them and got them to turn it around and play their best the rest of the season after a super slow start.

We will bring in someone who knows Willie D's system, and coaches to his philosophy, and our 'kids' will come ready to play when their 'day' comes. Really like Travis and hope he does well, but this may be a blessing in disguise.

We will bring in someone who knows Willie D's system, and coaches to his philosophy, and our 'kids' will come ready to play when their 'day' comes. Really like Travis and hope he does well, but this may be a blessing in disguise.

I agree with this, let's bring in a coach with the same vision and style much like Detroit's organization does, offering a more seamless transition between AHL and the NHL.

Do we get a 3rd round pick as compensation?? Wasnt that just approved or wont kick in till next year..

i don't think that counts for people being hired as Assistant Coaches:

Today, NHL also approved compensation for a team losing someone hired to be head coach, GM or President/Hockey Ops with another club (1/2)

Generally, we're talking a third-round draft pick, and the club doing the hiring will have a window of three years to give it up.

Things are about to get real interesting down here. I liked Travis' developmental style but he seemed to lack motivation behind the bench. He will be missed in Utica, if he takes the Pens job. He was a silent motivator. Too bad, I thought we had all the pieces coming together this season. Now, it seems, like we will have to start all over again. New coach, new faces, and some veterans, Mix in some decent goaltenders and a few goal scorers and it just might work. We just need to win some games when the season starts and not wait until we are 12 games in.

Things are about to get real interesting down here. I liked Travis' developmental style but he seemed to lack motivation behind the bench. He will be missed in Utica, if he takes the Pens job. He was a silent motivator. Too bad, I thought we had all the pieces coming together this season. Now, it seems, like we will have to start all over again. New coach, new faces, and some veterans, Mix in some decent goaltenders and a few goal scorers and it just might work. We just need to win some games when the season starts and not wait until we are 12 games in.

I think Utica will be better this year no matter who is behind the bench..good kids coming through and some nice veteran presence,,dont worry,,couldnt be any worse than what we are going through.

Archived