The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Burrows' Said No To Waiving NTC

Lol, sorry, but I couldn't help but point out the fact you just called Burr elite...

Lol at you loling.

You'll have to define elite for us if you find that funny.

To some of us, being a top 3 forward who has some of the best underlying numbers in the NHL over the entire course of his career, doing his equal part in making two of the best puck possession players in the world better, and being an outstanding two way player whose offensive production is almost exclusively 5 on 5 (and shorthanded) is in fact "elite".... - if that's not "elite" enough for you, you'll have to redefine the term for us.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_statistics.php?c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67&ds=1&f3=ALEXBURROWS&f1=2013_s+2012_s+2012_p+2011_s+2011_p+2010_s+2010_p+2009_s+2009_p+2008_s+2008_p+2007_s

25+ goals 4 times in his career

Career +122

Career takeaway/turnover differential of +179

Career 12.8% shooting percentage

I guess a guy has to have a pedigree and be drafted in the top 10 to be 'elite', right?

^

Those are close to all star numbers.

Makes him an all star in our minds; our right as fans.

Still a bit of a stretch, <_< , to call either his results or his talent elite?

Athleticism? Well i'd certainly call his motor elite! Dude never stops, some great endurance part and parcel (although injuries finally bit him). Size or strength, not really. Coordination, good. Quickness, above average.

Skills? Look, this ain't the slick skills of Zetterberg. Good and def above average again...

Hockey smarts? Probably waay up there!

Lets just be fair? Burrows takes a lot of good and above average things to another level with that motor, and one of the feistiest compete levels we have in this league plus some hockey smarts.

We could easily call him one of the elite competitors in the game?

Archived