The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Poll shows Linden and co have won back many; 70%+ are happy

TheRussianRocket.

Meanwhile,Torts will never be an NHL head coach ever again and AV was in the cup final.

JB was given a ham sandwhich here and turned into into a three star buffet.

His penchant for detail through hard work was evident dealing with the one team that Kesler would go to and on draft day and again through free agency.

The team may not light the Pacific on fire next year but the team has become competitive in that nobody is assured a spot on the team and existing positions will be challenged.

Benning and Linden are former Canucks and are NHL veterans that have exempary histories of success through hard work.

Players understand what is taking place and NHL managers know what is going down.

CDC is having some problems taking in the speed and breadth of change but it will digest before October is ushered in.

The guy has been on the job for 3 months. I think we should have this poll after a year or some reasonable time frame. The team hasn't even played a game yet.

The poll is asking if people are satisfied by the moves made, not if it'll translate to success. It's not about waiting to see how they play cause management has done as much as they can. They can't decide how the team plays but what they can do is set the team up with all the weapons to have a chance and that's what Linden & Benning have done.

...if you're judging moves based on how the team will do, it's pretty unfair. Yea we hope these moves can translate to success but bottom line, it's asking about the moves made and so far they are satisfying.

Benning has already done a lot. I think he has 1-2 more trades(big ones) coming up shortly. With the gap we have in the second line and LOTS of third liners, you already know there still more things that need to be done.

like all management teams our guys want to win the stanley cup...they have a plan...it will probably take three years to challenge for a cup again...i wish them luck and shall stand behind them as they endeavor to build a winner here...

Still a lot of work to be done before this team becomes a solid playoff team.

Really like the 2-4 year projection and the short term signings geared to keep the team respectable until the prospects are NHL ready.

Looking forward to see how JB gets that #1C and top 2D the team will be needing.

Seems like there's a stronger sense of direction. I feel more hopeful about the team's future than I have in a while.

Send one to Gills and Torts after you are through with it.

You seem to think I love Gillis and Torts for some reason.

You're wrong. Gillis did about all he could do here and his time was up and probably didn't want to be around until the end of a rebuild phase anyway. And Torts was an eyebrow-rising hire from day one. However, we indeed praised his coaching ability during the early portion season and applauded the Sedin re-signing even though their 30mins per game was 100% unsustainable.

What I'm saying is that the plan and the direction hasn't changed along with the regime. It's just being presented better.

We're prepared to let Linden tell us it's over while listening to Gillis tell us exactly the same thing would tick us off. Hence, Linden's 70% approval rating.

Linden is the redeemer.

Objective complete.

I'm not convinced that JB is done yet; he may be done with the free agent signings (considering the slim pickings left after the frenzy) but there may be a trade or two left. Plus don't expect JB to wait till the trade deadline if he can swing a deal that will benefit the Canucks. I don't think he's the type to let an opportunity to better the team go just because there "might be a better deal available at the trade deadline". We'll probably see some moves happen during the course of the season.

The guy has been on the job for 3 months. I think we should have this poll after a year or some reasonable time frame. The team hasn't even played a game yet.

Did you really expect anything different from the OP? This is the same guy who created a thread with the title "Torts best canuck coach ever?" Jumping the gun is his modus operandi.

Also if you stopped being a fan of the canucks because of our dismal year last year, you weren't really a fan anyways. Till I die. Win or lose.

The fact that linden absolutely refused to shake ryan miller's gf's hand already makes up for everything that happened last year. We can go 0-82 this season and I'd still like linden. Dude is a beauty, and none have ever been slicker. We're very fortunate to have an elite mind at the helm of this ship.

Archived