The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks interested in Andrew Ladd (rumour)

Im starting to wonder if guys like Hunter , Horvat and Tanev are being dangled to other teams..... I have a feeling Benning wants to rid of Gillis's picks and signings so its His team and no credit is given to the previous regime

Im starting to wonder if guys like Hunter , Horvat and Tanev are being dangled to other teams..... I have a feeling Benning wants to rid of Gillis's picks and signings so its His team and no credit is given to the previous regime

JB does not provoke that kind of vibe. The man kept the scouts and the upper management that remained.

His strengths are in player assessment and trading for adequate pieces the team requires.

Not really a feeling based on any facts, especially since Benning's been very adamant of late he hasn't been shopping Shinkaruk at all. He's talked a lot about Horvat's chances next year too, which he wouldn't offer as much on if he were looking to trade him. That, and trading Tanev after just signing him would be a bit odd, but I guess there's the trade deadline still.

GMJB hasn't given any prospect away and only one second round pick. I fail to see how doing his first trade involving a prospect (and/or pick) consistutes giving them away like candy.

A big reason he is here is because his predecessor DID give them away like candy. Repeating that idiot's mistakes is not going to help this franchise going forward.

GMJB hasn't given any prospect away and only one second round pick. I fail to see how doing his first trade involving a prospect (and/or pick) consistutes giving them away like candy.

Also a 3rd for 7th rounder Dorsett.

That's a 2nd and a 3rd for a 4th and a 7th. Par for the course expensive deals here. But in the name of filling out the lineup now, which kinda spells volumes about how bad our player development has been.

Benning specifically said there is nothing to the speculation that they were looking to move Shinkaruk - and you can take from that, and his comments about how important Horvat is moving forward, that your wondering is probably based too much upon listening to dime a dozen rumours.

Someone outlined a pretty good comparable between Burrows and Ladd by the numbers. They are basically equal players barring maybe age and 100k on salary.

Is Burrows worth that much then, I mean Kesler return? By the numbers I mean they're the same quality of player so by your estimate he would have to be.

Winnipeg is hardly giving up the best asset. By the numbers alone it makes the Peg the winner the second we add more on top of Burrows.

Those people saying Burrows/Hansen Markstrom top prospect + 1st are all out to frigging lunch. Kesler return for Ladd is also paying the bill. Good player, not game breaking player.

Another case of CDC over valuing everyone in another teams jersey

Proposals may be out to lunch, each side of the coin I may add. As for Ladd vs Burrows, not even comparable.

Burrows points come from playing with the twins, Ladd is younger and plays with more grit. Proven winner as well Ladd is.

Archived