The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The joke that's become the Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers

aqua59

The Flames have now done what the Canucks have yet to do, beat the KIngs and on the road no less.

Flames have always been good against the kings (starting from last season) . Its like the Hurricanes sweeping the Bruins season series in 2011; sometimes the best team doesn't win and the matchup prevails.

Flames have always been good against the kings (starting from last season) . Its like the Hurricanes sweeping the Bruins season series in 2011; sometimes the best team doesn't win and the matchup prevails.

Flames are 3-0 against the Kings this season. Glad to see Joni translating his game to the NHL so well so far. I was excited in what I saw from him last season after Berra got traded, and was really excited to see him in Adirondack this season, making the all star team, Im quite please with Calgary's prospect depth at every position. Of course a PMD would be nice to have in the system, all our top D prospects are solid shut down guys, Wotherspoon, Potter, Kanzig etc, I suppose of course, if Brodie continues to develop the way he has he could be our PMD for a long time to come. Loving the look of Poirer this year in his first pro year in Adirondack as well, leads the team in scoring, all star appearance. In fact, from all the prospect camps this summer I was almost expecting him to make the Flames roster this season. Really looking forward to seeing any of these combinations in the future.

Guedrue/Poirer-Monahan/Bennet. Also really happy about the Drew Shore Trade. Playoffs or not I am extremely pleased with the development of the entire Flames organization this season.

There used to be an official Flames thread around here.

Back then they were a joke.

They had a GM that kept spending and adding, deluded that they were going to vault from 9th or 10th and go on a playoff run.

They were hopelessly shallow down the middle at the time, and went chasing shiny wingers. They had a shallow blueline

It was sas.

But now they're a team that's strength is their future down the middle, with an improved blueline. They work hard and it's not really a surprise they've leapfrogged the shortcut seeking Edmonton Oilers.

Flames are 3-0 against the Kings this season. Glad to see Joni translating his game to the NHL so well so far. I was excited in what I saw from him last season after Berra got traded, and was really excited to see him in Adirondack this season, making the all star team, Im quite please with Calgary's prospect depth at every position. Of course a PMD would be nice to have in the system, all our top D prospects are solid shut down guys, Wotherspoon, Potter, Kanzig etc, I suppose of course, if Brodie continues to develop the way he has he could be our PMD for a long time to come. Loving the look of Poirer this year in his first pro year in Adirondack as well, leads the team in scoring, all star appearance. In fact, from all the prospect camps this summer I was almost expecting him to make the Flames roster this season. Really looking forward to seeing any of these combinations in the future.

Guedrue/Poirer-Monahan/Bennet. Also really happy about the Drew Shore Trade. Playoffs or not I am extremely pleased with the development of the entire Flames organization this season.

I certainly wouldn't call Culkin a pmd, but I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised by him and can add him to that list.

With the first half of the season finished if the playoffs were to start today, 3 Canadian teams would make the Western Conference playoffs. This would be the first time in 19 years that this would happen. Funnily enough last time 3 or more teams made the Western Conference playoffs was 1996 where Calgary, Vancouver, and Winnipeg were all involved.

Could it happen this year?

If it does, what types of match ups would you all like to see in round one?

Personally I would love to see Flames and Canucks faceoff in the first round and re-ignite that rivalry, Than have the Jets take on the preds.

With the first half of the season finished if the playoffs were to start today, 3 Canadian teams would make the Western Conference playoffs. This would be the first time in 19 years that this would happen. Funnily enough last time 3 or more teams made the Western Conference playoffs was 1996 where Calgary, Vancouver, and Winnipeg were all involved.

Could it happen this year?

If it does, what types of match ups would you all like to see in round one?

Personally I would love to see Flames and Canucks faceoff in the first round and re-ignite that rivalry, Than have the Jets take on the preds.

Id like to see Canucks Flames in round 1 too, because each time one of those teams has went on to the SCF they played each other in the first round.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived