The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

I don't know how to reach out to most people without feeling like a pest or a bother, it's been like this the last number of years and I've made very few closer friends because of it. I know I'm likely neither of those things, but at the same time it's stuck in my head. I get along with people pretty easily and I like to think I'm personable but at the same time I feel crippled socially and I still don't understand why.

I spent more money on dinner than I would have spent on 2 shirts!

I was shopping today, and thought to myself - do I really need these shirts? (One priced at $10 and the other $15). - No, I don't need these.  Would I wear them?  Probably not.  Then I go to dinner, and spend more money!

Oh darn!  Darn de darn darn!

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I don't know how to reach out to most people without feeling like a pest or a bother, it's been like this the last number of years and I've made very few closer friends because of it. I know I'm likely neither of those things, but at the same time it's stuck in my head. I get along with people pretty easily and I like to think I'm personable but at the same time I feel crippled socially and I still don't understand why.

I used to feel like that, too. But now I figured, if they didn't want to talk to me or hang out with me, they can just ignore me, tell me they're too busy, or just make up an excuse to not talk/hang out with me, and I'll get the hint soon enough. :lol: 

I don't force people to do things nor hound them for an answer, so I don't think I'm annoying or irritating. I'm also not usually the one who makes plans though lol

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I saw a therapist earlier this year and brought up those same concerns to her about myself. She basically said almost everyone she meets with feels this way, and that most people second guess themselves when it comes to social interactions. You're not alone!

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

I used to feel like that, too. But now I figured, if they didn't want to talk to me or hang out with me, they can just ignore me, tell me they're too busy, or just make up an excuse to not talk/hang out with me, and I'll get the hint soon enough. :lol: 

I don't force people to do things nor hound them for an answer, so I don't think I'm annoying or irritating. I'm also not usually the one who makes plans though lol

Sounds legit to me, I like how you think :)

I think this coming year imma try and discover my sense of self worth again and try to develop socially or something idk

• Cheers 1
1 minute ago, Cramarossa said:

I saw a therapist earlier this year and brought up those same concerns to her about myself. She basically said almost everyone she meets with feels this way, and that most people second guess themselves when it comes to social interactions. You're not alone!

I needed that tbh, a lot of the issues we deal with are issues most people deal with on some level

But we all get caught up in our own heads and lives and sometimes that's not all that great

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I needed that tbh, a lot of the issues we deal with are issues most people deal with on some level

It can be really weird to hear other people have the same insecurities you do, especially if those insecurities stem from a sense of feeling different or "other".

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

But we all get caught up in our own heads and lives and sometimes that's not all that great

We gotta try and step outside ourselves sometimes and confront the reality that we really aren't as bad as we think we are. We're not that weird or awkward or different.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

It can be really weird to hear other people have the same insecurities you do, especially if those insecurities stem from a sense of feeling different or "other".

We gotta try and step outside ourselves sometimes and confront the reality that we really aren't as bad as we think we are. We're not that weird or awkward or different.

It can be extremely weird, I'm aware that it's a thing but it's different to actually hear it from someone you know?

And pretty much, I think people are too hard on themselves in general. I know I am.

33 minutes ago, babych said:

Why is that? Do you prefer "twenty - ___" instead?

Yeah, I just feel that it sounds better lol

Maybe because one of my teachers once said that you should never use "and" when saying numbers past 100, so it kinda stuck with me. 

(Also, follow up confession, I wrote this post after Nick Kypreos said it, so I was extra annoyed :lol:)

• Upvote 2
30 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

Yeah, I just feel that it sounds better lol

Maybe because one of my teachers once said that you should never use "and" when saying numbers past 100, so it kinda stuck with me. 

(Also, follow up confession, I wrote this post after Nick Kypreos said it, so I was extra annoyed :lol:)

I'll confess, as I math guy and math teacher it has always bothered me when people (mostly teachers) say that.

Edit - I do agree with you that it sounds better without the "and"

Edited by babych
  • Cheers 1

Watching "The Lion King" on TV right now, but I've never really been a huge fan of Disney. I enjoyed the movies as a child, but I was never as crazy about it as some people. 

Disneyland/Disney World never really appealed to me. And I hate the whole idea of Disney Princesses. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

Watching "The Lion King" on TV right now, but I've never really been a huge fan of Disney. I enjoyed the movies as a child, but I was never as crazy about it as some people. 

Disneyland/Disney World never really appealed to me. And I hate the whole idea of Disney Princesses. 

I was so disappointed at Disney for the ending of Beauty and the Beast. Why did they have to turn the Beast into a handsome prince, just leave him as the Beast and let "true love" be.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, gurn said:

I was so disappointed at Disney for the ending of Beauty and the Beast. Why did they have to turn the Beast into a handsome prince, just leave him as the Beast and let "true love" be.

Because, don't you know, ugly people, er, beasts, don't deserve "happily ever after" :P

23 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

Lol I'm watching the Lion King on YTV right now.

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 1

I hoard David's tea

I drink tea almost daily but I buy it regularly enough that I don't burn through it fast enough, when the new collections come out I'll often try em and end up buying some of the ones I enjoy

I've now got thousands of grams of tea in the cupboard above the stove though I've admittedly try to slow down :P

• Upvote 1