The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I recorded myself doing Street Spirit by Radiohead on Friday.  The guitar sounds exact but my voice was terrible.  Sucks, actually really disheartening, I know I am told old to be a musician but I worked hard last summer on my vocals without really having a way to record myself so when I heard myself sing in tune for the first time I was devastated.  I was getting ready for karaoke but after that it was no surprised I chickened out lol.  Oh well, back to mindless shredding on the six string haha.

That's tough but ye know that most mainstream singers suck too.  It's all production.

at least you're a shredsman.  And that:  is awesome

edit

thom yorke is also a very difficult vocalist to live up to comparatively.

Edited by riffraff
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

just curious... how were you going to give absolution? Sing The Hockey Song 3 times and burn a Leafs jeresy?

i would sacrifice myself to Lord Smooze, consuming this

24879881_10213753146399598_4853361384507

in hopes of him one day returning to grace me in his glorious goo, so that everyone in this thread can be saved~

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

in hopes of him one day returning to grace me in his glorious goo, so that everyone in this thread can be saved~

I might have stayed Catholic if they were handing those out instead of those little wafer discs.

4 hours ago, riffraff said:

That's tough but ye know that most mainstream singers suck too.  It's all production.

at least you're a shredsman.  And that:  is awesome

edit

thom yorke is also a very difficult vocalist to live up to comparatively.

Thanks!  A google search reveals I am not alone!  Anyways I'll keep on keeping on, and yea Thom isn't the best for me to sing to.  I am more in the range of a  STP/AiC.

Between being sick, and having really bad anxiety (That I think is now depression) I've lost almost 14 pounds in two weeks. Most of that is due to the fact that I can't eat. I don't feel hungry, and when I force myself to eat, even something light like a wrap or soup, I throw up. 

I've dealt with anxiety and depression on and off since I've been 8 years old, so while this is isn't anything new per se; the weight loss is.

I've also been taking more than my daily recommend amount of lorazepam (2mg vs 1mg) just to be able to relax. People around me are noticing a difference and are on top of me to go to my doctor ( And I will be seeing him next week), but besides maybe going off lorazepam and trying weed oil, I don't know how much that'll help.

I've gone back to school this year, my Grandparents did the most generous thing in the world and revealed me of my biggest debt, I have great supportive friends and family whom I love dearly. I'm eating better, reading more, trying to work out. I'm trying so hard to better myself.

Yet, here I am on a Wednesday afternoon almost in tears typing out this stupid post that doesn't change or fix anything.

It's like no matter what I do, deep down I'm always going to be miserable. It's like the happy days are just a mask. Sometimes the mask lasts for months and months; other times t crumbles in days.

I'm not hurting myself, nor am I suicidal. I'm just...Tired.

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Wait, there's a poutine flavoured Pizza Pop? Since when?? 

3 hours ago, Incursio said:

Between being sick, and having really bad anxiety (That I think is now depression) I've lost almost 14 pounds in two weeks. Most of that is due to the fact that I can't eat. I don't feel hungry, and when I force myself to eat, even something light like a wrap or soup, I throw up. 

I've dealt with anxiety and depression on and off since I've been 8 years old, so while this is isn't anything new per se; the weight loss is.

I've also been taking more than my daily recommend amount of lorazepam (2mg vs 1mg) just to be able to relax. People around me are noticing a difference and are on top of me to go to my doctor ( And I will be seeing him next week), but besides maybe going off lorazepam and trying weed oil, I don't know how much that'll help.

I've gone back to school this year, my Grandparents did the most generous thing in the world and revealed me of my biggest debt, I have great supportive friends and family whom I love dearly. I'm eating better, reading more, trying to work out. I'm trying so hard to better myself.

Yet, here I am on a Wednesday afternoon almost in tears typing out this stupid post that doesn't change or fix anything.

It's like no matter what I do, deep down I'm always going to be miserable. It's like the happy days are just a mask. Sometimes the mask lasts for months and months; other times t crumbles in days.

I'm not hurting myself, nor am I suicidal. I'm just...Tired.

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with anxiety and depression. 

But sometimes just talking about it (even anonymously on a forum) can help. It at least gets your thoughts and feelings off your chest. 

It sounds like you're seeking help, so I think that's a step in the right direction. 

• Upvote 1
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:17 PM, Tre Mac said:

I recorded myself doing Street Spirit by Radiohead on Friday.  The guitar sounds exact but my voice was terrible.  Sucks, actually really disheartening, I know I am told old to be a musician but I worked hard last summer on my vocals without really having a way to record myself so when I heard myself sing in tune for the first time I was devastated.  I was getting ready for karaoke but after that it was no surprised I chickened out lol.  Oh well, back to mindless shredding on the six string haha.

At least you can play the guitar, man.  I've picked it up and stopped so many times from frustration.  It's something I've always wanted to do but for some reason I always want to bash it against something (Animal House style).  Hurts my damn fingers too!  :lol:

Mad respect for anyone who is able to stick it out and make it look easy.  It's a very hard instrument to learn.

2 hours ago, Bocivus said:

At least you can play the guitar, man.  I've picked it up and stopped so many times from frustration.  It's something I've always wanted to do but for some reason I always want to bash it against something (Animal House style).  Hurts my damn fingers too!  :lol:

Mad respect for anyone who is able to stick it out and make it look easy.  It's a very hard instrument to learn.

Thanks man.  I get why it can be frustrating to learn it, it's because your fingers aren't trained to move like that yet.  If you stretch your fingers and wrists before you play it helps big time.  Any professional athlete likely will spend a couple of hours stretching beforehand and playing an instrument is no different.  After that play every note of the neck on every string(yes it's tedious and boring) to build up that muscle memory.  That's 75% of playing guitar, the other 25% is 'musical memory' which is chords and scales.  Also weed helps, comparable to an athlete taking steriodsB)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Thanks man.  I get why it can be frustrating to learn it, it's because your fingers aren't trained to move like that yet.  If you stretch your fingers and wrists before you play it helps big time.  Any professional athlete likely will spend a couple of hours stretching beforehand and playing an instrument is no different.  After that play every note of the neck on every string(yes it's tedious and boring) to build up that muscle memory.  That's 75% of playing guitar, the other 25% is 'musical memory' which is chords and scales.  Also weed helps, comparable to an athlete taking steriodsB)

That's sounds like some good advice.  Makes me want to pick it back up and maybe stick with it this time.  The whole muscle memory thing makes a lot of sense.  I've played drums for years so it's probably a lot like learning all the rudiments, 26 when I started back in the day now these new guys added a ton more hybrid rudiments.  I thought I'd pick up the guitar fairly easily... Boy was I wrong! 

Unfortunately I can't utilize the benefits of weed because my employer tests us for it.  Sucks big time.

Thanks for the tips, man!

• Cheers 1