The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I hoard David's tea

I drink tea almost daily but I buy it regularly enough that I don't burn through it fast enough, when the new collections come out I'll often try em and end up buying some of the ones I enjoy

I've now got thousands of grams of tea in the cupboard above the stove though I've admittedly try to slow down :P

I drink tea everyday as well, a lot of the times, twice a day. Never tried to slow down, never will.

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 1
25 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I hoard David's tea

I drink tea almost daily but I buy it regularly enough that I don't burn through it fast enough, when the new collections come out I'll often try em and end up buying some of the ones I enjoy

I've now got thousands of grams of tea in the cupboard above the stove though I've admittedly try to slow down :P

I used to drink tea everyday all day long for a year, and went to the dentist for a 6 month check up, and it was not a fun time! The tea stained the inside part of my front bottom teeth, that the dental assistant took forever scraping away every last part of the stain until the stain was gone, and providing a lecture while doing it.  And this was not fun!  I kept telling myself NEVER AGAIN WILL I DRINK TEA! And since then I have switched to coffee all day long, and the inside part of my bottom teeth have not stained, and since then, dental visits have been more pleasant.

Edited by brilac
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, J-23 said:

I drink tea everyday as well, a lot of the times, twice a day. Never tried to slow down, never will.

It's my way of making sure I drink enough water a lot of the time

1 hour ago, brilac said:

I used to drink tea everyday all day long for a year, and went to the dentist for a 6 month check up, and it was not a fun time! The tea stained the inside part of my front bottom teeth, that the dental assistant took forever scraping away every last part of the stain until the stain was gone, and providing a lecture while doing it.  And this was not fun!  I kept telling myself NEVER AGAIN WILL I DRINK TEA! And since then I have switched to coffee all day long, and the inside part of my bottom teeth have not stained, and since then, dental visits have been more pleasant.

God damn, I've never heard of that happening! Doesn't sound fun at all :(

• Upvote 1

Confession: I absolutely despise the New Year's Resolution crowd at the gym. I understand that people want to start healthy lifestyles, which is great! But, you can start literally any time of the year. You don't have to wait for new years day to start coming to the gym. It crowds everything, people use equipement incorrectly and damage it, and 90% of them no longer come to the gym by Valentine's day. It's just really annoying.

I just want to lift in peace every like I do the rest of the year every day. :(

Edited by BananaMash
  • Upvote 2

New Years kinda bums me out.

In November and December everyone (lots of people) is really excited about the holidays, giving gifts, the dinners, seeing friends and family, ect. Then after New Years it's back to work/school, people are stressed about the money they just spent, you don't get to see friends and family as much as you'd like too again, just...Real life stuff.

Obviously you can't mess around 12 months out of the year, but when that "magic" is gone on January 1st. It's a little depressing.

Edited by Guest
16 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I hoard David's tea

I buy more tea than I can drink, too. But I don't drink it everyday.

Tbh, I'm not a huge fan of DavidsTea's teas. I have a bunch of their mugs though lol 

58 minutes ago, Psylocke said:

I buy more tea than I can drink, too. But I don't drink it everyday.

Tbh, I'm not a huge fan of DavidsTea's teas. I have a bunch of their mugs though lol 

I try to have it in the evening and then have some left over for the morning

And that's fair, haha

6 hours ago, Incursio said:

In November and December everyone (lots of people) is really excited about the holidays, giving gifts, the dinners, seeing friends and family, ect. Then after New Years it's back to work/school, people are stressed about the money they just spent, you don't get to see friends and family as much as you'd like too again, just...Real life stuff.

Obviously you can't mess around 12 months out of the year, but when that "magic" is gone on January 1st. It's a little depressing.

I get this pretty bad too. It's great until the minute after the countdown, cheering, and such. Then you realize the holiday season is over, and it's just going to be months and months of the same old every day until the next December.

Don't get me wrong, the holidays are exhausting and I'm usually happy they're over to some degree. But at the same time, I like the feeling of togetherness and it feels pretty lonely for a while when everyone stops getting together every couple of days.

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'll drink half while it's hot and put the rest in the fridge overnight and have it chilled in the morning

It's nice tbh

Oh, okay. I was thinking that you just leave it out in room temp :lol:

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

In the hottest parts of summer I drink not just cold tea, but iced tea.  ::D

LOL yeah, iced tea is good. 

• Upvote 1

Well that was the worst New Years Eve of my life lol.  No one did anything so I was on my own.  Went to a bar which was pack so I had nowhere to sit, so I stood there like a moron drinking my single Tom Collins haha.  Had a couple of drinks then left at 12:02am...  WEAK

18 hours ago, Incursio said:

Yeah, especially when you have to go back to work after being off for a month.  But the bright side(literally) is the days get longer and warmer.

I am pro choice(wouldnt get one personally unless for medical reasons) but I am beyond sick and tired of abortions being the only womens reproductive health issue anyone cares about.

Its like the supports for women who are mostly irresponsible are more important then those struggling with infertality or who have dealt with (often multiple) stillbirth/ pregnancy losses. 

I am also beyond fed  up with the pro life movement, you know if they put even half the energy into preventing loss as they do on trying to tell women how they should live...maybe just maybe more research will be done, maybe more babies will be saved. Also can they not shove their disgusting signs in my face. Its rather uncallled for.

Bc is providing a publically funded aportion pill which I am against(unless for medical reasons) because why should we pay for other peoples irresponsibilities..

But mostly cause fertality drugs and treatments are NOT publically funded

Let that sink in for a moment . You can take a pill that will kill a baby for free but have to pay for medication to get pregnant. This is backwards and so twisted.

Heaven forbid you speak up against this because this means your stripping women of their rights. Nevermind if you are pro choice. Nevermind if you want all Womens reproductive rights to matter and not just the right to kill your baby.

Edited by AppleJack