The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

I feel I won a small victory last night.

Probably because of the clots I have quite a bit inflammation in my chest/underarm area.. So I have been basically having chest/arm pain on both sides (but more my left side) for basically three months. Its so bad I been taking T2's every day as well as using heating pads.  I only take 1/4 of a T2 basically four times a day so I don't get addicted. 

On the weekend I took some blood tests, and had an EKG done to make sure i am healthy enough to go on a new medication. Yesterday my psychiatrist called to tell me to wait a day till she talks to my doctor before starting the medication because something showed up on my EKG. I have a 1st degree AV block. I have no idea what that meant and it was scary to hear you have something going on with your heart ( even if it wasn't an emergency) so I visited DR google and DR Google says my heart is basically beating to slow. They usually don't even treat you for this but monitor to make sure that there isn't any underlying heart issues. I have an appointment with my doctor on Thursday to get the inflamation looked at and to go and get a 24 hour heart monitor test thingy done.

I am terrified there will be something wrong because I have had such horrible luck with my health in the past few months, but mostly because we are about to be cleared (providing there isn't any evidence of a new blood clot) to be able to try for another baby. This is something I need to do sooner then later as the thought of being pregnant again is already super scary for me. I am also 37 so my gynecologist does not want us waiting longer then necessary. Plus it will provide some much needed healing after losing our son in October. So I really don't think I can handle them telling me I have to wait even longer.

My small victory was that I didn't go to the ER even though I am having quite a bit anxiety over the fact that my heart beat is slow. This is really big step for me because even two weeks ago I would have gone to the ER even after having two different doctors tell me I don't need medical treatment for this. So It shows just how far I have come in the past few weeks. I do admit I am kind of scared to take my asthma medication (symbacort) as it does make my heart race. I am going talk to my doctor about that and try to skip it for the next day and just use my inhaler if I need it.

Edited by AppleJack
  • Upvote 2

Thanks  everyone

I admit Its been a long hard road to recovery but I am feeling a lot better.

edit:
I was feeling better till I went to the doctors....
My doctor basically just cleared me medically for us to try again for another baby except I have to wait till I have a specific test done to try and figure out why I am having breast pain for so long... and the earliest appointment isn't till April 28th. I am on the cancellation list so hopefully I can get an earlier appointment but it just feels like a kick in the gut. To be told that you are healthy enough (providing there isn't anything seriously wrong with my heart or any new blood clots) but then the medical test they want you to do can't be done on someone who is pregnant. So even though Medically we are cleared we have to wait another 3 months so I can get this test done. It just seems so unfair.

Edited by AppleJack
On January 20, 2016 at 10:43 AM, AppleJack said:

I feel I won a small victory last night.

Probably because of the clots I have quite a bit inflammation in my chest/underarm area.. So I have been basically having chest/arm pain on both sides (but more my left side) for basically three months. Its so bad I been taking T2's every day as well as using heating pads.  I only take 1/4 of a T2 basically four times a day so I don't get addicted. 

On the weekend I took some blood tests, and had an EKG done to make sure i am healthy enough to go on a new medication. Yesterday my psychiatrist called to tell me to wait a day till she talks to my doctor before starting the medication because something showed up on my EKG. I have a 1st degree AV block. I have no idea what that meant and it was scary to hear you have something going on with your heart ( even if it wasn't an emergency) so I visited DR google and DR Google says my heart is basically beating to slow. They usually don't even treat you for this but monitor to make sure that there isn't any underlying heart issues. I have an appointment with my doctor on Thursday to get the inflamation looked at and to go and get a 24 hour heart monitor test thingy done.

I am terrified there will be something wrong because I have had such horrible luck with my health in the past few months, but mostly because we are about to be cleared (providing there isn't any evidence of a new blood clot) to be able to try for another baby. This is something I need to do sooner then later as the thought of being pregnant again is already super scary for me. I am also 37 so my gynecologist does not want us waiting longer then necessary. Plus it will provide some much needed healing after losing our son in October. So I really don't think I can handle them telling me I have to wait even longer.

My small victory was that I didn't go to the ER even though I am having quite a bit anxiety over the fact that my heart beat is slow. This is really big step for me because even two weeks ago I would have gone to the ER even after having two different doctors tell me I don't need medical treatment for this. So It shows just how far I have come in the past few weeks. I do admit I am kind of scared to take my asthma medication (symbacort) as it does make my heart race. I am going talk to my doctor about that and try to skip it for the next day and just use my inhaler if I need it.

I really appreciate your honesty in these posts.  i can't speak for anyone else, but I gain strength from reading them.  Thank you

23 hours ago, Alflives said:

I really appreciate your honesty in these posts.  i can't speak for anyone else, but I gain strength from reading them.  Thank you

Oh wow. Thank you so much.

I admit it hasn't been easy. I have been an emotional and physical mess since October but everyday I feel more like myself and l am growing stronger. I have had a lot of support both professionally and family and friend wise. I also really appreciate the support everyone on here has given both Ts and I.

I also thought I'd share something else with you guys. These two furbrats here have given me so much strength. Just being responsible for them has kept me grounded. Gilly has been a silent but constant friend, giving me 'head bumps' when I need them and kitty kisses. Discord is our crazy, spazzy, chaotic 10 month old kitten (he's the black cat). He is very special and very sweet. He follows me around everywhere I go and is always there when I need a reminder that life does go on. We also believe he had a special bond with our baby and that our child lives on through that bond, so  we feel very close to him.

I know we have a post yo pet thread and both these furbrats have been posted in it before but I thought it was appropriate to share how much these two have helped me. 

12565408_10156527519630046_2935822454945

Edited by AppleJack
  • Upvote 4
2 hours ago, AppleJack said:

Oh wow. Thank you so much.

I admit it hasn't been easy. I have been an emotional and physical mess since October but everyday I feel more like myself and l am growing stronger. I have had a lot of support both professionally and family and friend wise. I also really appreciate the support everyone on here has given both Ts and I.

I also thought I'd share something else with you guys. These two furbrats here have given me so much strength. Just being responsible for them has kept me grounded. Gilly has been a silent but constant friend, giving me 'head bumps' when I need them and kitty kisses. Discord is our crazy, spazzy, chaotic 10 month old kitten (he's the black cat). He is very special and very sweet. He follows me around everywhere I go and is always there when I need a reminder that life does go on. We also believe he had a special bond with our baby and that our child lives on through that bond, so  we feel very close to him.

I know we have a post yo pet thread and both these furbrats have been posted in it before but I thought it was appropriate to share how much these two have helped me. 

12565408_10156527519630046_2935822454945

Your kitties are so cute!

We got the autopsy report back on our baby they couldn't find a cause of death. He was perfectly healthy. The doctor thinks his heart skip a beat and just didn't start again but he can't say for sure that's what happened. He basically said it was like the pregnancy version of SIDS. There just isn't an answer and our baby should be alive. My original due date is coming up in a few weeks. It's very frustrating. I should have a baby instead I get ashes and a teddy bear in his memory. I thought if I had an answer, a reason for his death I'd be okay. We would at least know what happened to our son but there's nothing.

2 hours ago, AppleJack said:

We got the autopsy report back on our baby they couldn't find a cause of death. He was perfectly healthy. The doctor thinks his heart skip a beat and just didn't start again but he can't say for sure that's what happened. He basically said it was like the pregnancy version of SIDS. There just isn't an answer and our baby should be alive. My original due date is coming up in a few weeks. It's very frustrating. I should have a baby instead I get ashes and a teddy bear in his memory. I thought if I had an answer, a reason for his death I'd be okay. We would at least know what happened to our son but there's nothing.

:(

JTJW5c9.png

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

made it a week without any liquor. it's been rough with the withdrawal and all, took some time from working to get my **** together but im about ready to get back out on the work force. it's getting better, man

And you will be. Because I'm here for you

• Upvote 1