The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boycott Russian players who support Putin's policies

RomanP

Last I checked, re that first war, Bush got his money and oil from Kuwait and got their land back.

The actual invasion in round 2 was off side.

Russia at least is not taking over Ukraine like the US invasion (at least not yet)

Yeah, sorry, I was being a smartass. I don't think any invasions are uniform. They're all only comparable on certain levels.

In the same vein, is Putin not interested in controlling Ukraine's natural gas pipelines? It's not exactly like the Bush family and oil, but there are "interests" other than people with ethnic Russian heritage in Ukraine.

Sorry but is not the same thing if your helping people. Putin on the other hand is killing thousands just to control them cause he loves power too mutch. Bash america all u want but there just doing whats best for the world

This is absolutely laughable. You can't be serious.

Turn the news on outside Canada or the U.S.

Between the wars they start, innocent women and children they kill along with the torture and spying I fail to see how that's best for the world.

And no, I don't support Russia or Putin but in this case I do. I wonder what the U.S would do if Russia built on its borders, oh wait, if you know anything about history you would know the answer.

Yeah, sorry, I was being a smartass. I don't think any invasions are uniform. They're all only comparable on certain levels.

In the same vein, is Putin not interested in controlling Ukraine's natural gas pipelines? It's not exactly like the Bush family and oil, but there are "interests" other than people with ethnic Russian heritage in Ukraine.

Well Russia pretty much already controls those pipelines. As far as Russian interests I would think it has more to do with making sure that they're not surrounded by American/NATO troops, not to mention they were at one time under the control of Moscow.

This is absolutely laughable. You can't be serious.

Turn the news on outside Canada or the U.S.

Between the wars they start, innocent women and children they kill along with the torture and spying I fail to see how that's best for the world.

And no, I don't support Russia or Putin but in this case I do. I wonder what the U.S would do if Russia built on its borders, oh wait, if you know anything about history you would know the answer.

U suport communists? Really? :picard:

Edit (theres no way u guys will get the point)

U suport communists? Really? Not only will report this but will let the police now

No way can have people supporting him while he invades every country around him. Is people like u that will never apreciate freedom and democrasy

Lol I don't support communism. News flash Russia isn't a communist country.

Also you are reporting me/calling the police?

Well guess what freedom and democracy means you have the right to support anything you want within the law, so I guess it's you that doesn't appreciate freedom and democracy.

Btw kiddo, you will realize this when you're old enough to vote, guess what, Canada has a communist party that runs in elections. Guess why, you guessed it cause we're a free nation.

Now as far as Russia invading nations around them well that's pretty much bs. It's the United States that gets its rocks off by invading any country it makes up a bs excuse to invade/control.

How come you haven't replied to the torture, spying, and mass killings I alluded to?

And finally if the US is all about helping why haven't they booted out the ruthless dictators in Saudia Arabia?

I'm sure you're a troll!

Sorry but is not the same thing if your helping people. Putin on the other hand is killing thousands just to control them cause he loves power too mutch. Bash america all u want but there just doing whats best for the world

Right, just like humble Obama "helped" Libya by destroying their nation (with Harper's help), just like nice-guy Bush did for Iraq and Afghanistan (try googling the casualties)? No worries, the O'bomber is still droning Ethiopia, Yemen, and other sovereign nations, cuz he's just that kind of a "helpful" guy, bombing wedding parties and children everywhere in the world cuz y'know, that's "what best" for them. Hey, how about if the the rest of the world boycotts all players that support Obama's and Harper's policies?

As was already said -- stop, you are really embarrassing yourself. Go back to hockey.

This topic is getting ridiculous...

- OP criticizes Russian players supporting Putin and wants to boycott them

- Angry posters start complaining that the United States has done worse

- Thread becomes a U.S. vs. Russia on who makes the better/worse controversial decisions.

Now as far as Russia invading nations around them well that's pretty much bs. It's the United States that gets its rocks off by invading any country it makes up a bs excuse to invade/control.

This sounds a lot like your excusing one nation's (Russia) actions by saying another nation (U.S.) is doing it on a more severe level. Look at Russia's situation more objectively instead of comparing it to U.S. Sure we know 'Murica has done it way more frequently but it doesn't mean Russia is necessarily in the "right" so to speak. As for the Crimea situation being an invasion it really depends on perspective, but with current events I wouldn't call them "bs".

As for me i'm only hoping this doesn't escalate to something that would seriously affect Canada. We have enough problems as is.

- Thread becomes a U.S. vs. Russia on who makes the better/worse controversial decisions.

This sounds a lot like your excusing one nation's (Russia) actions by saying another nation (U.S.) is doing it on a more severe level. Look at Russia's situation more objectively instead of comparing it to U.S. Sure we know 'Murica has done it way more frequently but it doesn't mean Russia is necessarily in the "right" so to speak. As for the Crimea situation being an invasion it really depends on perspective, but with current events I wouldn't call them "bs".

As for me i'm only hoping this doesn't escalate to something that would seriously affect Canada. We have enough problems as is.

Excelent post and reason to discusion. So sick of people defending putins genocide in ukraine and other euro countrys now. This is getting crazy

To be fair the history with Ukraine dates Back what a 1000 years?

It's my opinion this was a set up/staged event by the US/NATO

Since when does The US and NATO support armed takeovers like what happened in Kiev? Yet our media doesn't ask that. I'm not supporting Yanokovich, however I believe an election would have been better. Funny thing is Us supporters criticize the 92% supported takeover of Crimea, saying Russian troops were inside Crimea during the referendum but the Kiev takeover that had an election held months later is the exact same situation. Finally in my opinion Crimea should have stayed with Russia after the Soviet union dismantled.

It wasn't to long ago that Putin was considered a good guy for stopping the U.S bombing of Syria. Maybe Bure to Mogilny can explain why the US wanted to bomb Assad while defending Isis and other terrorists groups in Syria?

Is US intelligence that bad or is it something else?

I forgot, Russia and Syria are allies...

Well Russia pretty much already controls those pipelines. As far as Russian interests I would think it has more to do with making sure that they're not surrounded by American/NATO troops, not to mention they were at one time under the control of Moscow.

It's true. Ukraine admitted to pilfering gas for that was to be for export and kept it for domestic use which royally pissed Moscow off. Lithuania and Estonia were also under the control of Moscow, but it is becoming increasing obvious that a Russian incursion to either country escalates the conflict.

Ok, it looks like you might need to take some history lessons on what happened in Europe in 1938/1939 and hopefully you'll see parallels with what Putin is doing now.

Oh Puh-lease. You're the one who needs to learn some history. The USSR was primarily responsible for Hitler's defeat, and the goons in Western Ukraine who launched the coup in February are fascists who identify with Hitler. This is Praviy Sektor in action:

Go die in the gutter.

Archived