The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Dillion for Tanev

J.I.A.H.N

Ok, we are almost there.....seasons less than a month away! Dallas is having trouble signing Brenden Dillion, I think it would be a great swap!

Dallas

Brenden Dillion

Vancouver

Chris Tanev

Just to change it up a bit........second proposal with more bits

Brenden Dillion and 2015-2nd

for

Chris Tanev and Jannik Hansen

hmm

I may be thinking of a different guy so correct me if i'm wrong. Didn't Dillion just come off one good year?

I think he did have a decent year, but Tanev is no slouch, just smaller.....not sure who wins the trade, kinda want to see what people think.......I like Dillion though! Big, fast...has some offense

I think he did have a decent year, but Tanev is no slouch, just smaller.....not sure who wins the trade, kinda want to see what people think.......I like Dillion though! Big, fast...has some offense

I'm thinking, without Tanev do we have depth for his kind of ability.

Or his playing style...

But Tanev has got more NHL experience. And Dallas is coming closer and closer to needing that, as they should be vying for a cup in the next few years.

I think it all comes down to whether the team has someone that can pick up the slack. Does Dallas or Vancouver have anyone that can replace or pick up the slack of that type of player.

Would we give up Tanev?

Why, both are equal, but bring different things. If both teams say no, then bets are they are pretty equal.

Dillon is better than Tanev. I doubt Vancouver wants to run with 5 left handed defensemen (Edler, Hamhuis, Sbisa, Stanton, Dillon) so they keep Tanev.

we may have different opinions on this but i see Tanev more defensively sound.

That still doesn't have anything to do with what JE14 said. We don't need to trade one of our top 2 right handed D only to get back yet another left handed D to add to the 4 we already have that are NHL quality. It doesn't matter really who's more defensively sound or who's more physical if we have a lot of one and a little of the other.

Vancouver says no. Tanev scored just as many goals as Dillon and is surely better defensively. Granted, I haven't watched Dillon play much, so I can't really say I know a lot about how he plays, but based on the stats and what little I do know, I figure Tanev has a brighter future.

That still doesn't have anything to do with what JE14 said. We don't need to trade one of our top 2 right handed D only to get back yet another left handed D to add to the 4 we already have that are NHL quality. It doesn't matter really who's more defensively sound or who's more physical if we have a lot of one and a little of the other.

Umm...

First of all, if people want to discuss whether both players would benefit their new teams if a trade was to happen, they can have that conversation on their skill set alone.

Secondly, you might want to go back and read that again...

Thirdly, I wasn't replying to that part of the statement. Nor was I arguing against it. B) So whoops for the confusion?

Archived