The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Sedin twins

Im just interested on everybody's oppinion on what return we could get for the sedin twins if they were traded. Mind you i highly doubt they will be nor do i want them to be. Just interested in oppinions on what their worth.

I would think teams interested are:

Toronto-JVR.Nylander

Philadelphia-Giroux.1st

winnipeg-kane.schieffle.1st

San Jose-Hertyl.1st.1st

Ottawa-Ryan.Turris.2nd

Nashville-Jones.1st

Columbus-Johansan.1st.2nd

New Jersey-Jagr (lol)

Florida-Ekblad.1st.2nd.&.......LOUUUUUUUU!!!!! (LOL)

Buffalo-reignhart.moulson.1st

I think every team would be interested but i believe these teams would make biggest push

You can forget Giroux, Johansen, Reinhart, Ekblad, Florida-Buffalo's 1st.

But the fact they come in pair and both asset and money wise it wouldn't work. Because any contender wouldn't have the asset without breaking apart their current team and/or future. Any non-contender wouldn't want to get older and sacrifice their prime prospect of their rebuild.

Only way I see them getting traded is in their last year of contract when their value is much lower. Even then the team would have to make room for 14M$ on their cap.

Im just interested on everybody's oppinion on what return we could get for the sedin twins if they were traded. Mind you i highly doubt they will be nor do i want them to be. Just interested in oppinions on what their worth.

Toronto-JVR.Nylander

Philadelphia-Giroux.1st

San Jose-Hertyl.1st.1st

Ottawa-Ryan.Turris.2nd

Nashville-Jones.1st

New Jersey-Jagr (lol)

I think every team would be interested but i believe these teams would make biggest push

I get it that you're trying to assign a value for Henrik and Daniel, but their No Movement Clause means that you can't even drive them to the airport unless they request a lift.

But I'll play along...based on their declining play from 2011 to 2014 (their resurgence this season is only two games old), I would say that individually, they would fetch a similar return as what Iginla got for the Flames, which was two mid-tier prospects (Agostino and Hanowski). Seeing how there's two of them, I would think that the Sedins would return a couple of mid-tier prospects, and two roster players in the likeness of Nick Bonino and Luca Sbisa.

But, IMO, trading the Sedins ain't going to happen, so it's a moot point.

OK.

Barring last year of course.

Each Sedin will net you a minimum of a 1st round pick a top prospect AND either a B grade prospect or bottom 6 player.

Anyone who thinks that a team like Philli wouldn't cough up Giroux or Nashville Jones/Weber or even Tampa with Drouin++ is kinda dumb as the ONLY thing that would keep GM's from handing over everything benning and Linden wanted would be

A: NTC's

and

B: Cap issues

These are still 2 premiere players under solid contracts until basically retirement which is only 3 years from now. They give you a top line with ANY player that is slotted in with them which almost no other player not named Crosby can do, or 2 top 6 players period as they can play on separate lines.

But we've discussed this more than a few times and the proposal will get torn apart, my evaluation ridiculed (because prospects are priceless on any other team and proven players are worthless because they're on our team) because people are about as stable as a rat in a burning meth lab on this forum at times

Toronto-JVR.Nylander

Philadelphia-Giroux.1st

San Jose-Hertyl.1st.1st

Ottawa-Ryan.Turris.2nd

Nashville-Jones.1st

New Jersey-Jagr (lol)

Sedins won't waive their NTC to go to any of these teams.

Anyone who would trade the twins is not a real Canucks fan.. Sorry. I would love to get younger players, but it would hurt to see them traded, and it would be such a slap in the face to them, the organization, and the fans if they ever were traded. I would trade any player in this organization, prospect or roster player (even the love of my life Jannik Hansen), before I would ever even entertain the possible long shot idea of sending the twins elsewhere.

Anyone who would trade the twins is not a real Canucks fan.. Sorry. I would love to get younger players, but it would hurt to see them traded, and it would be such a slap in the face to them, the organization, and the fans if they ever were traded. I would trade any player in this organization, prospect or roster player (even the love of my life Jannik Hansen), before I would ever even entertain the possible long shot idea of sending the twins elsewhere.

I never said i would like to see them traded. I was just interested on potential returns. The Twins are to the canucks as Jeter was to the Yankees. It would be devastating for the fans of vancouver to see them traded. I really hope we can win a cup with them because they deserve it and so does the city. They win cup and Sedins become more popular than all former canucks besides Linden

When you consider their high salaries.....their NMC/NTC.......the fact they would stay together.....their history with the city. I'd say the twins are literally the 2 least likely players in the entire league that would be traded. Maybe Crosby is less likely.

Yet another silly thread about it.

OK.

Barring last year of course.

Each Sedin will net you a minimum of a 1st round pick a top prospect AND either a B grade prospect or bottom 6 player.

Anyone who thinks that a team like Philli wouldn't cough up Giroux or Nashville Jones/Weber or even Tampa with Drouin++ is kinda dumb as the ONLY thing that would keep GM's from handing over everything benning and Linden wanted would be

A: NTC's

and

B: Cap issues

These are still 2 premiere players under solid contracts until basically retirement which is only 3 years from now. They give you a top line with ANY player that is slotted in with them which almost no other player not named Crosby can do, or 2 top 6 players period as they can play on separate lines.

But we've discussed this more than a few times and the proposal will get torn apart, my evaluation ridiculed (because prospects are priceless on any other team and proven players are worthless because they're on our team) because people are about as stable as a rat in a burning meth lab on this forum at times

I get your point but other teams wouldn't trade there younger star players, ie Giroux plus and Weber plus for our old star players, so people aren't dumb who say that. As far as other teams prospects being worth a mint and ours not, well you specifically along with some others on cdc seem to think Horvat is worth much more then what far more proven prospects are worth. In my opinion you over rate most of our team then you get frustrated when others try to make reason with you. Look at the 1st overall proposals/ideas by you and some others. So I would certainly say on cdc most folks over rate our players and under rate other teams prospects/players.

Archived