The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Myers

Absolutely not. Myers isn't worth Tanev alone, let alone the package that you're proposing.

Terrible deal.

Myers is a lot better than Tanev and bigger. Tanev is an excellent defensive dman but we need that big slap shot for out pp. Myers would fit great on our team. Instant chemistry with miller to.

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Myers

Sbisa Stanton

Myers is a lot better than Tanev and bigger. Tanev is an excellent defensive dman but we need that big slap shot for out pp. Myers would fit great on our team. Instant chemistry with miller to.

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Myers

Sbisa Stanton

In NHL 15 he is.... Not IRL.

Myers is NOT THAT GOOD... Why are people so interested in trading major assets for this guy. His career has done nothing but spiral downhill since he got paid after playing above average. Yes, he is massive. Cool... Good for him. Tanev is far more valuable to us than Myers would be right now. Then on top of it, a first would be an awful move, and Fox and Lain are solid prospects... I mean, this trade is about as bad as it gets. Myers should not net much more than Garrison netted us.

Myers vs Garrison last season:

Myers:

Age - 24

Points - 22

Goals - 9

+/- - -26

Hits - 107

Blocked Shots - 81

Giveaways - 41

Takeaways - 18

Garrison:

Age - 29

Points - 33

Goals - 7

+/- - -5

Hits - 58

Blocked Shots - 128

Giveaways - 44

Takeaways - 30

Garrison was better offensively, and had far more takeaways and blocked shots, granted in more games than Myers. Myers was among the leagues worst in +/- in only 62 games. He would have been Edler for the worst at that pace if he played 82. Sure, he did well in hits, and scored 9 goals, but he still just isn't that good. If Garrison can get us a 2nd after a season like that, then Myers to me should be worth a 2nd and a low end prospect.

Myers is NOT THAT GOOD... Why are people so interested in trading major assets for this guy. His career has done nothing but spiral downhill since he got paid after playing above average. Yes, he is massive. Cool... Good for him. Tanev is far more valuable to us than Myers would be right now. Then on top of it, a first would be an awful move, and Fox and Lain are solid prospects... I mean, this trade is about as bad as it gets. Myers should not net much more than Garrison netted us.

Are you thinking clearly? Myers is HUGE and hes got AMAZING talent AND hes only 24!!!! And dmen take longer to develope. Picture him in 3-5 years. Garrison is most certainly not even comparable to myers when it comes to trade value. Trade value is more than just statistics

His potential

His size

His age

They are all huge upside. Id rather ship off Sbisa and keep Tanev but i believe Tanev would have to be traded for this to happen.

Myers vs Garrison last season:

Myers:

Age - 24

Points - 22

Goals - 9

+/- - -26

Hits - 107

Blocked Shots - 81

Giveaways - 41

Takeaways - 18

Garrison:

Age - 29

Points - 33

Goals - 7

+/- - -5

Hits - 58

Blocked Shots - 128

Giveaways - 44

Takeaways - 30

Garrison was better offensively, and had far more takeaways and blocked shots, granted in more games than Myers. Myers was among the leagues worst in +/- in only 62 games. He would have been Edler for the worst at that pace if he played 82. Sure, he did well in hits, and scored 9 goals, but he still just isn't that good. If Garrison can get us a 2nd after a season like that, then Myers to me should be worth a 2nd and a low end prospect.

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Myers

Sbisa Stanton

Just what we need, Instant chemistry with 1 dman and the goalie for the 1-2 times a game he leaves the puck behind the net for him.

I like it...

P.S. Myers sucks and is overpaid, wouldn't trade Tanev for him.

To VAN:

Myers

To BUF:

Tanev

Fox

Lain

2016 1st

Tyler Myers is an awful hockey player. Tanev straight up for Myers is a horrible deal for us, the difference in quality between those 2 players is massive. Myers can't hold Tanev's jockstrap.

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Myers

Sbisa Stanton

You don't know anything about Tanev or Myers.

I just love when 12 year old kids get on the computer, and talk about players they have heard of like they know everything about them. Myers was great as a rookie. His potential is all but gone. The rest of his career is a below average, oversized d-man. The fact that people want him on our team is sad. If someone like Dougie Hamilton or Tyson Barrie or even a guy like Victor Hedman became available, I would love to discuss possible trades. Myers is garbage though. Sorry kid.

I just love when 12 year old kids get on the computer, and talk about players they have heard of like they know everything about them. Myers was great as a rookie. His potential is all but gone. The rest of his career is a below average, oversized d-man. The fact that people want him on our team is sad. If someone like Dougie Hamilton or Tyson Barrie or even a guy like Victor Hedman became available, I would love to discuss possible trades. Myers is garbage though. Sorry kid.

I'd still be willing to take a flyer on Myers as Bieksa seems to have regressed a bit. But not in exchange for Tanev. And if Hedman ever did become available it would cost multiple top prospects and first round picks and roster players.

Hedman lmao.

Why would Tampa trade him?

Archived