The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rowdy Rexal place

kill_the_avs2

I am also a BC transplant to northern Alberta, and the Oiler fans are nothing short of scary. Alot of young guys with alot of money and everyone is on drugs, so much so that they can't accept the reality that their hockey team needs to be fixed.

I find it hilarious that ALL Oiler fans up here consider the Canucks a HATED rival...I mean if the Canucks beat the Oilers the next day they don't even mention the score on the sports report on the radio in my small town.

Sure the Oilers are a divisional rival for the Canucks, but I have never considered them a HATED rival with bad blood between the 2 teams. But if you talk to most Oiler fans around where I live, you would think we had a Bruins/Habs situation going on... I guess it's hard to get along with people when your team needs so much work.

Has anyone ever been to the Oilers msg boards? There is a pinned thread from the mods basically stating you're not allowed to criticize management on the boards. WTF!

Hmm, I couldn't find that pin you mentioned but I did find this:

http://fans.oilers.nhl.com/community/topic/8618-joey-moss-reference/.

Quite frankly, I am disappointed anyone would reference Joey Moss in a negative manner. He's a champ. The fact the admin felt it necessary to post that speaks volumes about Oiler fans. Stay classy Edmonton. I am beginning to think you have the team you deserve.

Hmm, I couldn't find that pin you mentioned but I did find this:

http://fans.oilers.nhl.com/community/topic/8618-joey-moss-reference/.

Quite frankly, I am disappointed anyone would reference Joey Moss in a negative manner. He's a champ. The fact the admin felt it necessary to post that speaks volumes about Oiler fans. Stay classy Edmonton. I am beginning to think you have the team you deserve.

http://fans.oilers.nhl.com/community/topic/15045-bashing-of-this-organization/

and there ar no threads criticizing Lowe...who IMO is the real problem within the Oilers

Glad no charges were laid. But you had to miss the rest of the game, too bad.

There should be a Seinfeld like comedy schtick about arm rest real estate, especially among guys. Not talking about anyone being drunk. It happens in theaters, buses, and airplanes as well. Its like an unspoken dance if you do it right, with each guy letting the other one have the space for a bit. Its the switch over that is the most tricky. You wait until he has to move his arm down to get something and then plonk your elbow down. If he's really possessive you may have to quietly put it up barely up against his arm and then it becomes a stand off to see who gets the most uncomfortable first. Of course if you are battling for space on BOTH sides it gets complicated! :lol:

I saw ur fight , I think you were in the corners but right above you in the 200 section was a wild fight that went on for 2 minutes.

I live in both provinces. Ive Been dealing with delusional oiler fans for 20 years

as much as I do hate on them, I have to give them credit, even though they know there team is crap, they still cheer on there boys, even when its a simple save or a hit. they are true die hards.

Id rather watch the canucks play in crappy old rexall, over yuppy filled gm place any-day

Funny you posted this. I was at the game last night and saw you, as well as another fight in the upper decks.

Some ignorant Oiler fan told me to sit the f down after I cheered for the Vrbata goal. He also told me to go f myself and after your fight happened, he tapped me on the shoulder and said "that could be us."

The part that killed me the most was when he called me four eyes then continued to threaten to kick my teeth in. Ever been threatened by a third grader? Not the most intimidating.

I'd say the best arena to see a Canucks game away from Vancouver is Winnipeg. MTS is a really nice arena, with cupholders for every seat, a lot of space and the atmosphere there is crazy. There's also a lot of Canucks fans in Winnipeg, so you're not alone.

As far as Jets fans go, you'll get people chirping you but not threatening to kick your teeth in like Oilers' fans. A bunch of us Nucks fans started a "Go Canucks Go" in the concourse after we won in a shootout last season and we had no one screaming at us, just a bit of booing.

Women are always the worst at these games. They are the agitators 50% of the time in fights. I've seen it time and time again. You can't hit a woman back or do anything to her, and some of them take liberties with that. I've seen women at hockey games go nuts and start throwing punches at guys who are arguing with their bf's and the guys most of the time just sit there and take it. A few times they will punch back or defend themselves and the crowd will instantly boo them. So what can you do. Sounds like this chick got away scot free and cost her BF a black eye. He should dump her ass big time.

Anyways, Rexall Place is the biggest dump of an arena in the biggest dump of an area. If you hadn't gotten in a fight inside, I am sure you would have been mugged outside after the game anyways so maybe this guy did you a favour.

You're right you probably shouldn't be attending games.

Things have obviously gone south with SOME cOiler fans since I last attended a game at Rexall.

I think I've attended five Canucks/cOilers games at Rexall, each time wearing a 'Nucks jersey. It was always a solid number of OTHER Canucks jerseys in there to start with, and no one even made eye contact with me, let alone got aggressive. Also when Van scores there, there's an alarming number of people cheering. It's hilarious.

Unlike Calgary, where a COP cat-called me on the street (it was in jest though, as there's no way he was actually trying to start something), and during the game, definitely wasn't treated like a guest in their building. I felt like saying, "I'm SUPPORTING YOUR F-ING TEAM BY BUYING FOOD/BEER - Go lay by your dish."

It's sad to see people lump all Albertans in to one group though. Closed-minded, if you ask me.

On a side note: Do you know why Red Deer doesn't have a NHL team? Because then Edmonton and Calgary would want one too.

Hey Bud, living in E-town (formerly from Vancouver) I've been to Rexall and know exactly what you mean. The building is nasty and the people suit the venue. Go Canucks!

Honestly, I don't find it too bad. Whenever I go to Canucks/Oiler games at Rexall I'll have a Canucks hat/shirt of some kind on and don't have many issues aside from friendly jabs at the Canucks.

I have gone to most of the games in Edmonton from 2003-2012 and Calgary after that without issues and decked out in gear. Have seen a few scraps, but the worst one I have witnessed was still in Vancouver after Cloutier let in the Lidstrom goal and some egomaniacs decided to jump a Detroit fan outside the arena.

Gotta loved the bloated paycheck figured in the thread too.

Never been to Rextall(Northlands Coliseum) but it's very much like the Pacific Coliseum...the seating is very tight and if you're a big person, it can be very uncomfortable.

They were built at around the same time, designed by the same architects, and built by the same company.

They're damn near the same building.

Ive had almost the same experience in rexall. Except it was after a game and van had just beat the coilers in a shoot out.. we had glass seats soo obviously decked out in van gear including signs and flags, anyway after the game walking out we and my buddy were constantly harassed and had our sign ripped and our flags ripped off our back. After chasing down some goof for my flag back, im walking back to my buddy when some big east indian dude dressed in coiler shit walks up and suckers me in the nose!!! cops see this and grab me, while hes holding me, big east indian suckers me twice more!!. I get dragged out by the "cop" and thrown outside without my friend right into the big east indian. GREAT! needless to say I spent the night in the drunk tank. No charges though. What a joke oiler fans are.

I have gone to most of the games in Edmonton from 2003-2012 and Calgary after that without issues and decked out in gear. Have seen a few scraps, but the worst one I have witnessed was still in Vancouver after Cloutier let in the Lidstrom goal and some egomaniacs decided to jump a Detroit fan outside the arena.

Gotta loved the bloated paycheck figured in the thread too.

I've seen some pretty obnoxious Wings fans at Rogers, especially around the time you're talking about. I watched one dingbat walk past me on the concourse between periods chanting "Go Wings Go!" at the top of his lungs with 3 or 4 young hooligans right behind him, armed with ketchup and mustard packs, painting the back of his Yzerman jersey and pants like a Mapplethorpe piece. I admit I laughed.

Women are always the worst at these games. They are the agitators 50% of the time in fights. I've seen it time and time again. You can't hit a woman back or do anything to her, and some of them take liberties with that. I've seen women at hockey games go nuts and start throwing punches at guys who are arguing with their bf's and the guys most of the time just sit there and take it. A few times they will punch back or defend themselves and the crowd will instantly boo them. So what can you do. Sounds like this chick got away scot free and cost her BF a black eye. He should dump her ass big time.

Anyways, Rexall Place is the biggest dump of an arena in the biggest dump of an area. If you hadn't gotten in a fight inside, I am sure you would have been mugged outside after the game anyways so maybe this guy did you a favour.

Women aren't always the worst, but they do their fair share (not that feminists would even agree with that)

I remember seeing a 20-something chick lose her mind on her boyfriend in outside Rexall because they didn't have the seats she wanted. Screaming, name-calling and threatening violence. I am sure had they been reversed, he could have been charged.

Poor guy was humiliated. He kept it together and didn't react. I swear she was trying to get him to do something stupid so that she could be the 'victim'

Lots of psycho men AND women out there.

Archived