5. Hansen 1:24

6. Matthias 1:20

7. Sedin H 1:09

8. Sedin D 0:54

9. Dorsett 0:40

10. Vrbata 0:09

11. Vey 0:01

12. Kassian 0:00

Source: http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20152VANSASALL&sort=avgShortHandedTOIPerGame&viewName=timeOnIce

Burrows is in the mix but I agree that we could use him little more as he is playing well.

Playing a b2b at Denver is a killer against a rested team btw we were 1-1-1 agaist them last year. Faceoffs have killed us in Denver and Dallas against 2 fast teams and i bet Benning is working overtime to get this solved. @ Chip Kelly we have been drafting and trading for exactly what you want, 2-3 three years down the road we will be young fast and big, but bitching about it now is moot.

I wouldn't blame him for the loss. But then he didn't make the big stops when we needed him to... like when we pulled within 2 with plenty of time left (10 mins). A few of the goals were softies too. Bottom line, his save % of .854 doesn't cut it.

These games happen once in awhile to every goalie though whether it's his fault or not.

Got my point now, Amitrip? (aka Lu basher)

iggy himself shouldve had 6 goals lack robbed him all night and the guy still got 2 a back hand point blank top cheese bar down. and an unreal spin around deflection off the far post and in... lack made numerous huge saves... only weak one i would say is landeskog but it was also a knuckler that went threw the burrows screen. end of the day your back up is in net and you give up 50 shots.... anyone who thinks miller in net last night wouldve had any different outcome is dreaming.

Ugly game, everyone looked gassed after the second and all those bad penalties. Team was too slow, and we can't buy a faceoff to save our life. I think we need Horvat and possibly a trade.

I'd even gamble our 1st this year to get a legit 2nd line left winger. I know every one thinks it's guranteed top 5, but I think we a a top 6 winger away from being a playoff team. Maybe it's a knee jerk reaction but this team looks slow.

I think we need more than a LW.

...watch how our "D" play. We need help.

Seven, and six goals against every other game.

Miller is not a saviour and our "D" are slow.

In order to play a high tempo game, our "D" need to jump in the rush or initiate it and everyone has to back check and pick-up a guy...back check with purpose.

I've watched the Canucks from day one...this is what I expected to happen with this roster.

It starts with a good "D" core and we need a good "D" core.

Yah... The Canucks weren't that bad last night. They were simply out classed. This is something we're going to have to get used to. We have a decent squad, but that doesnt cut it anymore. Seems like every playoff team needs to be exceptional in the West, and that the Canucks are not... At some point ownership/management will need to let it go. Keep the 1st line and G. rebuild the rest of the roster with youth....

oh and trade Zack Kassian. I have a huge hate on for his game. I guess you have to be sold that theres a star somewhere in there, but I agree with the above... he's not a power forward. he's a floating playmaker. if he were to pull it all together, he could be dominant, and I personnally think thats what you have to sell to the rest of the league while you still can, and get another asset for him. Perhaps you could poach a young dman from Pitts or NJ for him.

I think we need more than a LW.

...watch how our "D" play. We need help.

Seven, and six goals against every other game.

Miller is not a saviour and our "D" are slow.

In order to play a high tempo game, our "D" need to jump in the rush or initiate it and everyone has to back check and pick-up a guy...back check with purpose.

I've watched the Canucks from day one...this is what I expected to happen with this roster.

It starts with a good "D" core and we need a good "D" core.

Miller wasn't playing yesterday and that game should have been at least 5-2 after the 1st

Yah... The Canucks weren't that bad last night. They were simply out classed. This is something we're going to have to get used to. We have a decent squad, but that doesnt cut it anymore. Seems like every playoff team needs to be exceptional in the West, and that the Canucks are not... At some point ownership/management will need to let it go. Keep the 1st line and G. rebuild the rest of the roster with youth....

oh and trade Zack Kassian. I have a huge hate on for his game. I guess you have to be sold that theres a star somewhere in there, but I agree with the above... he's not a power forward. he's a floating playmaker. if he were to pull it all together, he could be dominant, and I personnally think thats what you have to sell to the rest of the league while you still can, and get another asset for him. Perhaps you could poach a young dman from Pitts or NJ for him.

I am a huge Kassian supporter..I love the kid and see potential oozing out of him..but Im also seeing so much inconsistant play its turning me a bit,,,when he scores and plays a good game you think the flood gates have just opened and he has turned the corner...then he goes into hiding the next couple of games where you dont notice him or when you do its for a stupid mistake or penalty..I will say the kid is under a huge microscope in this city and does take a lot of needless hate but as for his game he has to really step it up or I feel he will be gone before the season is out..WD would probably love to play Kass on the 2nd line but he just doesnt seem to show consistantly that he wants to be there..its frustrating as hell.

I'd like to see Jannik Hansen moved up to the third line. I think he's been playing well enough to get off of the fourth line.

My candidate for fourth line duty in Hansen's place is Zack Kassian.

Hansen shouldn't be in the lineup let alone the 3rd line. Complete waste of a spot. Rather see a guy like Jensen or Horvat playing over him. But we can thank Gillis for signing Hansen to that Rediculous 4 year contract.

We don't seem to have any way to contain fast, skilled centers.

Duchene, Seguin & Stamkos have all had great games vs us.

Unfortunately I don't see any help for it in the immediate future.

Horvat & Gaunce will probably help solidify the defensive play of the bottom 6 in the not to distant future & should help with faceoffs, but I can't see either of them being a good match vs truly fast, skilled centers.

We probably have to stick with Vey at center & hope he can develop his confidence & 2 way game enough to be able to handle that role.

Faceoffs = Too early / Sbisa = get him outta here.

Seems legit.

Have you watched Sbisa? This isn't an anomaly or a bad start. This is him. This is what you get. He didn't need a change in scenery to get going...he needs a brain transplant with someone who knows how to play defense. If we could only put Weaver's (I miss this little big man) brain in this body.

Miller wasn't playing yesterday and that game should have been at least 5-2 after the 1st

Yeah, I realize that...not to fault Eddie. However, I was thinking big picture and what it will take to compete with the elite teams.

No surprise with the result considering our "D" core. Miller and Eddie will need some more help, they both will not be saviours.

Lots of hype with this roster; however, the "D" core never got better...this is an obvious fact; however, some have a hard time grasping the obvious.

I am a huge Kassian supporter..I love the kid and see potential oozing out of him..but Im also seeing so much inconsistant play its turning me a bit,,,when he scores and plays a good game you think the flood gates have just opened and he has turned the corner...then he goes into hiding the next couple of games where you dont notice him or when you do its for a stupid mistake or penalty..I will say the kid is under a huge microscope in this city and does take a lot of needless hate but as for his game he has to really step it up or I feel he will be gone before the season is out..WD would probably love to play Kass on the 2nd line but he just doesnt seem to show consistantly that he wants to be there..its frustrating as hell.

Shaky, what is it about big and skilled forwards that make them such slow learners? Or the lack of motivation? Kassian, Sandlak, Sedlbauer, and even Bertuzzi. Only play to their abilities whenever they feel like it.

My only hope for Kassian is that he will, hopefully, one day play with the likes of Horvat, whose playing style and maturity will rub off on the big guy.

Archived