The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kings Fan ... I Come in Peace

awagner22

Hi Kings Fan

There is alot of good suggestions on here if you can cut through the crap.......I suggest if you want, google tripadvisor for vancouver and look for the top 50 things to do/see while in Vancouver....at least you can cross reference to know which ones are good ones.......enjoy our city.....there is lots of clean air up here.........filtered by the rain! Bring wet gear and pray for sunshine, it is stunning in the sunshine!

PS....Hope the Canucks win! Sorry!

New Years Day game during the week after a night of partying. I imagine there will be many that will have to work the Friday as well. Throw the cost of the holidays in the mix, i can see it being a tough sell no matter how well the team is doing at the time.

Jeez the fans have faded then.... valid points though.

Like others have said, better to get your tickets now. Cheaper now than later.

Habour Centre is pretty cool as you can see the entire city from the view up top.

BC Sports Hall of Fame - very close to the arena, some cool stuff there.

Phnom Penh is a pretty good Cambodian restaurant(hidden gem) in Chinatown, however be prepared for a long line up.

2) What are some must-see Vancover destinations in the downtown area? Will only be in town for a few days and figured it would be best to hear from the locals what the best spots are to hit in a short time.

No. 5 Orange.

:emot-parrot: :emot-parrot:

craiglist and scalpers will have some tickets for about 40 for this game. last year we bought from scalpers for 40 for 2nd row uppers vs kings and tickets were more in demand last year. there was even 40 dollars canadians tickets this year and those are more in demand then kings tickets.

tickets are always cheaper on game day despite what most people have said in this thread.

I don't live in Vancouver, all I know is that the Canucks train there it's supposed to be pretty tough to run. Around 32 minutes is the record I think. Why is it closed, I thought you can go anywhere in Vancouver summer or winter? Sorry for the dumb questions I only get as far as Van every 5-10 years now it seems.

Its closed because its impassible over the winter months due to high levels of snow. Its dangerous enough in the spring and fall because of the rain and snowmelt. However that doesn't stop some the fools that go past the gates at the bottom warning them not to proceed.

I've done the Grind in May and believe me there's quite a bit of snow near the gondola, and the run off from the snow melting made the trail slippery and muddy. But, we were able to climb it. Using my oldest runners of course.

I live in Los Angeles. I'd have no problem meeting up for coffee and telling you all you need to know about Vancouver! PM me if you like.

Yeah, I moved from Vancouver to Los Angeles a few years ago.

OP, the same goes with me. If you want, PM me and I'll tell you everything you want to know.

Also, the people telling you to go to Main and Hastings are taking the piss. It's basically "skid row", except really mild compared to downtown LA's skid row.

damn, Canucks fans really do suck.

The guy asks for some advice & so many people take it as an opportunity to be dirt bags.

A few solid suggestions mixed in the lot, but way too many assholes.

To be fair they're just joking around. He got legitimate answers. Honestly, if he can't take the humour in this thread then he probably shouldn't come up to Canada. :P

Archived