The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Kings

-Vintage Canuck-

Made some great defensive plays and was 55% in the dot up against Kopitar yet. Kid should stick.

Ya, I agree. It's so hard to say after only a few games. But they've played the big dogs for last 2 games, and esp tonight -he was better than any other centre not named Henrik. I'm not sure how they can send him down.

I don't know how other teams beat the Kings, honestly. Is there something about the Canucks that just makes them try very hard?

Well, they've downright despised us the past couple years... so there's that.

I was watching the LA feed at one point and the colour guy mentioned that it was the "fastest the Kings have skated all year". LA was definitely up for this game.

He makes it sound like they lost because they didn't play well not because LA just got their numbers.

It's true. I think this team is largely underrated and I think we can go toe to toe with the best. The Canucks let LA have this one. They need to rebound tomorrow though. Can't give good teams opportunities.

Higgins on point here.

Funny enough, even though Higgins was a +1, I thought he was our second worst forward tonight.

I was going to to disagree and say I thought the Sedins were the worst two forwards, but I don't think they even played tonight.

"This is what we deserved in San Jose too. We haven't been sharp. We were good to start in 1st, but didn't keep it going"- Higgins

Glad they know it in the lockerroom at least.

He makes it sound like they lost because they didn't play well not because LA just got their numbers.

Well, I don't think it would be smart of him to basically say we aren't good enough to compete with them...

The game was over after it was 3-0; however, I thought the Canucks were playing good in the first, even when the score was 2-0.

The killer goal was the third goal, after that it was over.

3rd goal, there was an obvious obstruction/ interference Williams on Tanev...I couldn't believe the refs didn't call it.

The game was over after that.

Tanev had a legitimate case to complain about it.

What was nauseous was listening to the commentary and none of them talked about the non-call that changed the game.

I don't know how other teams beat the Kings, honestly. Is there something about the Canucks that just makes them try very hard?

Yup. Doughty mentioned a bunch of times how much they hate the Canucks. The team has a lot of new faces now but I'm sure the hate's still there.

Horvat looked real good tonight used his size and has actually out muscled solid NHLer's .. made a couple of mistakes but he looks like he'll be fine here.

Vey.. needs to be on the wing with a strong center.

Edler kills the PP.. he doesn't shoot or move the puck fast enough it allows the defense and goalie to adjust and totally kills the movement

I can't understand why in a 5 on 3 you would work the powerplay off shots from the blue line.. yet 5on5 or 5on4 try to make fancy plays? 5on3 you have room to make plays below the tops of the circles thats when you should get with the fancy passing.

Team needs to re evaluate the D. I love Juice and hammer but i think there needs to be change

D needs improvement

Sedins have to push the issue against the good teams not just the teams they can play keep away with.

Well, they've downright despised us the past couple years... so there's that.

I was watching the LA feed at one point and the colour guy mentioned that it was the "fastest the Kings have skated all year". LA was definitely up for this game.

It's like us with the Oilers. LA just expects to beat us.

I was going to to disagree and say I thought the Sedins were the worst two forwards, but I don't think they even played tonight.

Sedins had no room to move..and Doughty was all over the ice.

How the hell did the Kings end up with Doughty....my pick for best defenseman in the league.

You know how good Drew Doughty is? PK Subban wears Drew Doughty underwear.

When this becomes a pattern season after season then the problem is systematic, not just 'played well, not played well'.

Why would anyone use last season as a basis for what this team can do? Clearly this team was bad last season.

I can't believe anyone thought tonight was just a matter of the Kings playing so well that the Canucks couldn't do anything. It's kind of mind boggling really.

This has nothing to do with the past. It has to do with odds. The odds are a team isn't going to play 82 perfect games. Even the almighty Kings (hence their 5-2 and 3-0 loss only a week ago).

Archived