The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luuuuuuuuuu(ca)!

apollo

The OP sounds like he had too much Red Bull, not that I'm complaining as I enjoyed it anyways. Luoing is a Vancouver tradition and it's cool to see it continue. Sbisa has the potential to become a solid and important defenseman (kind of like Bieksa minus the leadership) on our blueline. He was a highly touted prospect that was rushed into the NHL and suffered from injuries, so the potential has always been there. It's just a matter of him finishing his development, which he has shown potential for so far this season.

His terrible games don't bother me much. The season is still young and he's a young defenseman learning a new system. If he can gain some consistency he can become a valued member of our lineup.

@Apollo and Robongo quit making EXCUSES for the guy! Oh yeah, go ahead and 'blame the officials'! Please! He UNDERPERFORMED!! Comprendo?!?! We were up 2-0 and all he had to do was win 2 out of the remaining 5 games! Not too difficult to do if one is a exceptional goalie. Not difficult odds 2 out of the remaining 5! Thomas rose to form and Luo shat the bed alright! You try to tell me he couldn't have played on his head ONE MORE TIME and have won us that cup???? Face REALITY. He was LARGELY TO BLAME for us not winning the big prize. And in the end he had TWO CHANCES to SEAL THE DEAL. I'd have rather had Kirk McLean in the pipes for us than Luongchoke! Dominik Hasek(oops look another cup winner) literally took that Sabres team to a cup win versus Dallas. A good goalie has to sometimes steal a game for us and Luongo never could. Remember the Annaheim series in 07? He's trying to get the ref's to call what he felt was a Ducks penalty, gets distracted, swoosh they score, series over. 09 versus the Hawks and the hockey writers all claimed even the experts we were a BETTER team than the Hawks. Game 6 in our building up 5-4 with under 8 minutes left in the game they score TWO GOALS IN UNDER A MINUTE on us as well as one more to win the game 7-5. MELTDOWN EVERY SEASON, smoke more 4/20. Glad he's out of here cause everyone kissed his arse in the end when he was OVERRATED and UNDERPERFORMED! Damn rights I'll keep wearing the Luongchoke t-shirt proudly.

never stole a game? are you dumb, the guy got 2 shutouts when they only scored 1 goal in each game! What you call that? what you gonna say now "oh well our defense did everything and he had to just sit there"....and Hasek took the Sabres to a cup win?? proves the idiot i thought you were.....

Doesn't seem like most people are even reading the full post.

It's a Vancouver tradition. It has nothing to do with Roberto. He didn't make it. It was there years and years before Roberto joined our team. Now we have Luca.

Exactly. The Luuuuuu cheer didn't start with Luongo, and we don't have to retire it just because he left town. We can Luuuu whoever we want to.

The OP sounds like he had too much Red Bull, not that I'm complaining as I enjoyed it anyways. Luoing is a Vancouver tradition and it's cool to see it continue. Sbisa has the potential to become a solid and important defenseman (kind of like Bieksa minus the leadership) on our blueline. He was a highly touted prospect that was rushed into the NHL and suffered from injuries, so the potential has always been there. It's just a matter of him finishing his development, which he has shown potential for so far this season.

His terrible games don't bother me much. The season is still young and he's a young defenseman learning a new system. If he can gain some consistency he can become a valued member of our lineup.

he's already better than Bieksa, and he's the younger than Tanev

Archived