The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luuuuuuuuuu(ca)!

apollo

Well in 2 to 3 seasons, Luongo will likely become the NHL's all time Losingest goaltender surpassing Martin Brodeur with 394 losses and daresay setting a record well past 400 that will likely be unbroken. That should be something all the Lu haters can get behind and Luuuuu! :bigblush:

more losses than the greatest goalie of all time? What a bum!

Doesn't seem like most people are even reading the full post.

It's a Vancouver tradition. It has nothing to do with Roberto. He didn't make it. It was there years and years before Roberto joined our team. Now we have Luca.

I'll be Luuuuing Luca. Join. This guys gonna be a Canuck for a long time. LUUUUUUUUUUU

Doesn't seem like most people are even reading the full post.

It's a Vancouver tradition. It has nothing to do with Roberto. He didn't make it. It was there years and years before Roberto joined our team. Now we have Luca.

I'll be Luuuuing Luca. Join. This guys gonna be a Canuck for a long time. LUUUUUUUUUUU

Sure.

I loved the hit on Jagr.

I was just beginning to think Jagr was thinking he was running the game, when bang! Sbisa nails him. I actually laughed out loud because I could imagine Sbisa saying to himself "I've had enough of this guy, time to put another notch on my stick. Here's Luuuuuca"

Yeah, and Jagr lost it after that, trying to get any Canuck into a hug fight, completely put him off his game.

Jim Benning really knows how to evaluate talent.

Forced to trade Mr. Grumpy to one team and what does he get back?

Sbisa is playing great. Bonino is playing great. McCann is playing great.

Now he's loading up the D prospects in their early twenties - filling the big hole in the prospect development train.

"Luuu" for Sbisa's good play? Ok by me; like the historical references especially to Passaglia.

I also like that little smirk Luca gets when the going gets rough.

And he doesn't waste any time either, like the man said, "If you're gonna go, GO!"

Me too. That's Luo's.

But I find plenty of things to scream in appreciation for our team too. Just not "Luuu." We do not want to become a cheap "Luuuu" knock off team like Boston.

Luu was Vancouver's thing. Not luongos.

It stems from lui passaglia of the bc lions that was here long before luongo was.

Luu was Vancouver's thing. Not luongos.

It stems from lui passaglia of the bc lions that was here long before luongo was.

Lions =/= Canucks

Let's stick to nicknames and chants that belong to our team/players, not another team's and especially not another sport's. Our guys deserve it. :)

disappointed in you apollo

Why? Luongo didn't make it. It's the fans and city of Vancouver's tradition. It's not luongos and he did nothing to create it. I'm a bigger luongo fan than anyone here. The fans created this, not lui.

Lui passaglia was the first and even him, it was a result of the fans.

Why? Luongo didn't make it. It's the fans and city of Vancouver's tradition. It's not luongos and he did nothing to create it. I'm a bigger luongo fan than anyone here. The fans created this, not lui.

Lui passaglia was the first and even him, it was a result of the fans.

lol obviously the fans created it but in my mind whenever I hear a Luuu it's for Luongo. Didn't watch Lui Passaglia or care much about the Lions, and never heard it for him.

lol obviously the fans created it but in my mind whenever I hear a Luuu it's for Luongo. Didn't watch Lui Passaglia or care much about the Lions, and never heard it for him.

Well that's in your mind. It was created for Lui passaglia. Not Roberto luongo.

It's a Vancouver tradition as are the white towels. Lui left and I'm sure the 2 fans in Florida can find a new thing for him. He's not a Vancouver Canuck anymore.

Luuuuu is for any canuck With "lu" in his name not ex canucks.

To be fair Sbisa is playing a LOT better with bigger minutes. He's up to around 20 minutes a game now on a consistent basis in our top-4 and is not just destroying forwards along the boards, but is winning puck battles down below the goal line and getting the puck out of the zone pretty well.

Sometimes a bit of consistency is all players need to get going (ie. look at Horvat), and with Hamhuis' injury, Sbisa is getting that chance and he's proving his worth, as is Stanton to a lesser extent. If he can put up a few more points we'll have a real gem on our hands here.

Well that's in your mind. It was created for Lui passaglia. Not Roberto luongo.

It's a Vancouver tradition as are the white towels. Lui left and I'm sure the 2 fans in Florida can find a new thing for him. He's not a Vancouver Canuck anymore.

Luuuuu is for any canuck With "lu" in his name not ex canucks.

They Lu him too in FLA and me too.. We aren't allowed?

Disappointed in you apollo. Not mad, just disappointed.

Archived