The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lazar named captain of team canada

I still think it was a bad move not to send him. But hey, whatever. People are acting like this will make or break his development. Horvat's going to be just fine, and if a couple years none of us will be caring about the Canucks not loaning him.

In other news, congrats to Curtis Lazar. He's really making something out of himself. Good for him. I see a good long career ahead of him.

It's pronounced "Lay-zer"

Just like his shot! Decent choice for capatin although being a NHLer there will already be a ton of pressure on him. I think Reinhart should have got the C to help take the pressure of Lazar and McDavid. Not sure how I feel about McDavid getting the other A either. He's certaintly going to be one of the leaders on the ice but again there is enough pressure on the kid already with a letter on his chest.

Just like his shot! Decent choice for capatin although being a NHLer there will already be a ton of pressure on him. I think Reinhart should have got the C to help take the pressure of Lazar and McDavid. Not sure how I feel about McDavid getting the other A either. He's certaintly going to be one of the leaders on the ice but again there is enough pressure on the kid already with a letter on his chest.

Yeah, I mean, look, I'm not in the locker room so I don't know, but I would think that guys like Bowey, Nurse, and Morrissey would be more deserving of a letter. Not to say that McDavid isn't a leader (he's the captain of the Otters) but I think they should have at least picked someone on the backend. Oh well, it's not a big deal and Connor is a fine choice in itself. As for Lazar I think it's a good choice. I get the feeling he is a more vocal type than Reinhart, if that were to play any part in the decision. The guy is always smiling and speaks with a maturity beyond his years. He will be a good influence on the players.

Im still a bit stunned Dal Colle was cut...

What was the scoop there?

He didn't have a good camp. Simple as that. You could debate/argue whether or not he should have got more than one exhibition game, but he and his line (who were all cut) were substandard.

Lazar benign named captain makes think that there would've been a good chance the C would've gone to horvat. It's probably better that he stays with the Canucks but it would've been cool to watch him captain a stacked junior team

I don't think so. Lazar would still get it over Bo - bigger role last year and bigger role this year.

I think Bo would have gotten the "A" with Reinhart.

Shocked that McDavid has an "A" - I thought it would go to Nurse or Morrissey on defense.

It's still McDavid's team

That's like saying the 2005 WJC team was Crosby's team - absurd.

I don't think so. Lazar would still get it over Bo - bigger role last year and bigger role this year.

I think Bo would have gotten the "A" with Reinhart.

Shocked that McDavid has an "A" - I thought it would go to Nurse or Morrissey on defense.

That's like saying the 2005 WJC team was Crosby's team - absurd.

How exactly was Lazars role bigger than Horvat?

I remember the top line being: McDavid-Horvat-Reinhart

Please refresh my memory I dont remember

Horvat was on the 3rd line.

McDavid was the 13th forward.

1st line was:

Drouin - Reinhart - Mantha/Hudon/Anderson

LOL what kind of a top line center scores only a goal and two assists through seven games?

Drouin was 1C, Petan 2C, Horvat 3C.

Lazar played on Petan's wing (top 6 role) and had 3 goals and 4 assists - Horvat was bottom 6.

Archived