The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Derek Roy & Matt Fraser on waivers

AriGold

I find it just as interesting, from a Canucks perspective, that Fraser is on waivers.

So there was definitely no interest in a Sestito for Fraser swap. I wonder if the Canucks or Bruins didn't want that.

On one hand it could mean the Bruins didn't want Sestito, even for free, or that the Canucks feel they could get something better for him.

I find it just as interesting, from a Canucks perspective, that Fraser is on waivers.

So there was definitely no interest in a Sestito for Fraser swap. I wonder if the Canucks or Bruins didn't want that.

On one hand it could mean the Bruins didn't want Sestito, even for free, or that the Canucks feel they could get something better for him.

or maybe GM Benning actually thinks Sestito has a place on this team. Sestito, from all accounts, wants to be here, but would like the opportunity to show off what he can produce, which is understandable from his point of view, though I fully understood why Desjardins didn't put him in the roster during the times when he could've.

He was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Team Canada Juniors from 2nd round of that draft

Fucale and Comrie

Nic Petan

Dillon Heatherington

Madison Bowey

Anthony Duclair in the 3rd round

Heatherington is the only one on that list that doesn't fit amongst all the others. He's done nothing in the tournament so far - completely invisible, minus the one penalty that he took.

or maybe GM Benning actually thinks Sestito has a place on this team. Sestito, from all accounts, wants to be here, but would like the opportunity to show off what he can produce, which is understandable from his point of view, though I fully understood why Desjardins didn't put him in the roster during the times when he could've.

He was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Yeah, that's certainly a possible 3rd option.

It does seem like WD doesn't have a spot for him though especially more so with Kassian set to come back. Couple that with his familiarity with Fraser from Texas and it does raise some eyebrows though, at least fro me.

Yeah, that's certainly a possible 3rd option.

It does seem like WD doesn't have a spot for him though especially more so with Kassian set to come back. Couple that with his familiarity with Fraser from Texas and it does raise some eyebrows though, at least fro me.

It's not the first time this season that a player in which Desjardins has come across, at one point in time, hasn't been claimed. He can't possibly claim all these players, but only if it is convenient and/or there is space. A trade needs to be made somehow, but sometimes a trade for making the sake of a trade is not that practical.

just another negative on MG's trade history. Gave away a freaking 2nd rounder for a guy who now isn't even playing in the NHL.

At the time, everyone on CDC praised the trade. They thought Connauton was underachieving (which he was) and Roy was really good (at moving the puck around) up until the playoffs came. Then the team disappeared, including hm.

Granted, MG can suck brutally at trades (i.e. Schneider, Ballard trade etc), yet you can't ignore the fact that he has made some good trades (Higgins/Ehrhoff, etc).

MG was both good and bad for the organization, though mostly good. But his time was up and he needed to go. The last year that he had produced some good prospects though.

It's not the first time this season that a player in which Desjardins has come across, at one point in time, hasn't been claimed. He can't possibly claim all these players, but only if it is convenient and/or there is space. A trade needs to be made somehow, but sometimes a trade for making the sake of a trade is not that practical.

I think we are saying the same thing.

Either the management sees a spot for Sestito on the roster and we move out a different forward or we carry him the whole year as a 14th forward waiting for injuries and play him ahead of call-ups. The only other option is that we feel he can be moved for a piece that suits us better than Fraser, unless he has negative value in trade and the B's didn't even want him which means we will waive him pretty soon.

Fraser would not just be a random Texas Star though as he played a very important part for WD. I'd certainly trust his judgement on whether adding Fraser over Sestio would improve our roster or just limit our ability to change the look of the 4th line. He'd also know him from his time in the Dub. Our management and coaches are very familiar with this player.

Would be surprised if Buffalo or Edmonton doesn't pick Roy up. Edmonton doesn't need another small, inconsistent playmaker, but their lack of depth at center is GLARING. Hodgson playing like a 4th liner might intice buffalo to pick him up.

Team Canada Juniors from 2nd round of that draft

Fucale and Comrie

Nic Petan

Dillon Heatherington

Madison Bowey

Anthony Duclair in the 3rd round

Holy crap!This I didn't want to know..man Roy was too much like Schroeder a small forward we had plenty of..trade fail.

Fraser might be an interesting pick up. Still young at 24, I would just leave him in Utica for the rest of the season, if possible. Can't really see a spot for him on their roster, though. Would rather our prospects get that ice time.

Fraser might be an interesting pick up. Still young at 24, I would just leave him in Utica for the rest of the season, if possible. Can't really see a spot for him on their roster, though. Would rather our prospects get that ice time.

That's not how it works though.

A player has to clear waivers to be sent to the AHL.

Archived