Canucks Community

(Proposal) Vancouver- Colorado

To Vancouver

Ryan O'Reilly

Colorado 2015 2nd rd pick

To Colorado

Nick Bonino

Zack Kassian

Just a thought. Feel free to make alterations if you wish.

1. Cap

2. Not worth it for us due to cap and re0signing

3. If we are shipping players out rather lose any 2 of Higgins Hansen Burrows Bieksa over Bones and Kassian

Get rid of Colorado's 2nd and have us throw one in instead, and Colorado might not hang up the phone.

Honestly don't see why we need to add that much. The two centers are putting up similar numbers, so why do we need to toss in a top prospect AND a 2nd round pick? I'd say it's one or the other, not both throw-in's.

Mackinnon and Duchene fill out the top middle in the top 6. O'Reilly has been playing Left wing a lot this year. So they don't need Bonino. They do need some right wingers so Kassian helps that fit.

I'd say Kassian, a top 4 D

for O'Reilly

Realistically it would be Kassian and Tanev (only top 4 that doesn't have a NTC).

More pieces would have to be added to make it cap compliant, but I could see something like that happening. It also wouldn't happen until Hammer is back.

No interest in this from Colorado. We aren't going to give up a 2nd rounder in three straight drafts and this trade does nothing to address our needs. Any package for ROR has to include a left D and no we don't want/need another bottom pairing one like Stanton or Sbisa. I really don't see a deal to be made between the two teams. The rumour of a deal based around Yandle and ROR makes the most sense if Yandle really doesn't plan to stay in Arizona.

Kassian
Bonino
Sbisa

For
ROR
Bigras

This is even worse. No one wants Sbisa. Bigras is our best prospect and isn't going anywhere unless it's part of a package to get a left D who can play in the top 4 right now.

1. Cap

2. Not worth it for us due to cap and re0signing

3. If we are shipping players out rather lose any 2 of Higgins Hansen Burrows Bieksa over Bones and Kassian

Well, I wasn't taking the cap into consideration, merely assuming we could do something else to shed some space.

As far as your third point, the simple fact is that were going to have to ship out quality if we want quality in return.

Well, I wasn't taking the cap into consideration, merely assuming we could do something else to shed some space.

As far as your third point, the simple fact is that were going to have to ship out quality if we want quality in return.

I am in a weird spot in regards to that.

I am not expecting to ship out quantity for quality, and I think people mistake me frequently when I post that.

I think as stand alones all of the players I mentioned can garner solid returns come the deadline, as a package to a team on a cup run a package of any two of them could net a solid prospect.

I am more speaking from the point that we will need these guys, tweeners as it was to leave sooner than later to start bringing in our younger guys or at least showcase some of our AHL players as well as move the line forward to let our CHL and european players move into the AHL/NHL etc.

We only have so many roster spots right? Add in cap factors and such and these are the 4 I key into as the most likely to bring decent enough return and free up the spots we need for our youth to come in and continue to develop properly.

Archived