The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen

HITMEN_FAN

And, FYI, I don't want to be a mod, I just know how hard their job is and try to be helpful in pointing out options where I can. They don't have the time to find links to other similar threads, type out an explanation, etc. They post a basic image for the rule violation (or nothing if it should be obvious) and people complain about that too.

Maybe people should take their own advice and ignore comments they think are a problem. I've got plenty of hockey related opinions in the Jake Virtanen Talk thread in the Prospects forum I directed the OP to.

If someone wants to report me, go ahead, but my original post was nice and included helpful info on where I'd enjoy seeing the OP's opinions, while the posts after were just discussing the limited possibility that the OP was likely to do shift by shift videos for us. I was just explaining that, but apparently even that's an issue.

I agree, and we should stop with the SpiderMan pics and 'ibtl'/'lock and ban' posts in reply, particularly to new posters. You'll find I never do that to new posters and try to reply with helpful information, like I did in this thread. While I did make a judgement on the OP's ability/want to create a shift by shift video, that has a high percentage chance of being correct. Which posts are better, my explanatory ones, or the spam ones I mentioned first?

Then again, for people who should know better (like Gross Misconduct and his Robert Downy Jr. thread) I have no mercy.

You did reply in your first post with good info....but then you had to follow up by questioning the OP's abilities(because he used caps in his username no less), but enough of that.

I agree with some that have said that JV's game will translate better to the NHL than Reinhart, could be my Nucks bias shining through. JV (imo) does need some work, but with good coaching and experience I think he will thrive in the NHL.

Keep the updates coming OP, they are much appreciated.

And, FYI, I don't want to be a mod, I just know how hard their job is and try to be helpful in pointing out options where I can. They don't have the time to find links to other similar threads, type out an explanation, etc. They post a basic image for the rule violation (or nothing if it should be obvious) and people complain about that too.

I'm not saying you're autistic, but you seem to be an "abide by the rulebook ONLY" kind of person, and anything that sabotages that philosophy is just absolute horror that you simply cannot bare.

It's like saying that your brain works like a library of pictures that has a match for everything, but if the incorrect picture in the library is being used, or it's just simply not there, it's a terrifying dilemma and it MUST be fixed, or else the world will explode.

Just an update to all the Canucks fans. Jake left Sundays game against the Brandon Wheat Kings in the third period. He did take a knee on knee hit late in the first period (no one came to his aid, but that's another topic for Hitmen Fans).

It appeared that he left the bench favoring his right shoulder. Following the game he was to make an appearance to sign autographs, while he did make the post game meet and greet he did not sign anything.

For the record I really like Jake, and I did expect him to crack the Canucks lineup next season, but his play with the Hitmen this year has raised questions about if he will be back in the WHL next season.

Thanks for the update.

For the record I really like Jake, and I did expect him to crack the Canucks lineup next season, but his play with the Hitmen this year has raised questions about if he will be back in the WHL next season.

Hi OP, thx for the info, just wondering since I don't get the opportunity to watch the hitmen anymore, when you said his play this year has raised a question about if he will be back in the whl next season, did you mean he hasn't been playing well enough to be on a whl team?

Hi OP, thx for the info, just wondering since I don't get the opportunity to watch the hitmen anymore, when you said his play this year has raised a question about if he will be back in the whl next season, did you mean he hasn't been playing well enough to be on a whl team?

I think I recall him saying that he was the best player on the hitmen as well. I would guess his intent was referring to jake moving on to greener grass, NHL?

I appreciate the information and I'm sure a lot of others do as well, if you don't then don't read it and don't post. How is the OP's post count important?

Its called small man syndrome. He views many posts as " strong and smart" . Chances are he drives a full sized pick-up and has a rotty or pitbull to go along with it. Tough guys.....making ed hardy money for years.

Jake is 18 and was 1 month away from being eligible for this year's draft.

Jake should absolutely without a doubt 100% be in the Dub next year. This year he didn't get a chance to develop during the spring or summer w. His shoulder injury.

No need to rush him whatsoever, and we need his body to grow and mature even more so that he can play that big and rugged physical game vs nhl pros who won't be bounced around as easily.

My time line for Jake.

- finish this season in the WHL.

- 15/16 get a full off-season training and play full season in the WHL and play for Canada JR's

-16/17. Play in the AHL and get call ups with the NuX.

-17/18 first full year w. The Nux.

Much like Horvat this year, Virtanen has nothing to gain playing against teens if he can crack lineup. He is physically stronger than most in the W. His physical strength should give him a decent chance to make the opening roster if he can stay healthy.

I'm not saying you're autistic, but you seem to be an "abide by the rulebook ONLY" kind of person, and anything that sabotages that philosophy is just absolute horror that you simply cannot bare.

It's like saying that your brain works like a library of pictures that has a match for everything, but if the incorrect picture in the library is being used, or it's just simply not there, it's a terrifying dilemma and it MUST be fixed, or else the world will explode.

Nope, but lots of suggestion that my post was mean and counterproductive. Instead, it was actually a helpful post since clearly the OP didn't know about the prospects forum and the Virtanen thread in full swing therein. You'd think someone like him would want to know about that so that he could join in with all the other people already discussing Virtanen.

But hey, I'll just shut up and not tell people helpful things. Meanwhile, 'ibtl' and Spiderman pictures get a +1 on CDC in many threads.

Nope, but lots of suggestion that my post was mean and counterproductive. Instead, it was actually a helpful post since clearly the OP didn't know about the prospects forum and the Virtanen thread in full swing therein. You'd think someone like him would want to know about that so that he could join in with all the other people already discussing Virtanen.

But hey, I'll just shut up and not tell people helpful things. Meanwhile, 'ibtl' and Spiderman pictures get a +1 on CDC in many threads.

People prefer trolling to mini modding I guess. Until they get trolled then they are free to cry about that too. Wah wah all around. In before mini mod lock spider thread yolo 420Blazin.

Archived