The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sam Reinhart

sharbinder

If Buffalo ends up one of McEichel , what would the consensus be on Benning making an offer for Sam Reinhart . Would he be worth giving up Hunter Shinkaruk , Zack Kassian , & Jake Virtanen . To add him to our prospect pool ? Future 1st line centre , next year playing in Utica with call ups if injuries .

If Buffalo ends up one of McEichel , what would the consensus be on Benning making an offer for Sam Reinhart . Would he be worth giving up Hunter Shinkaruk , Zack Kassian , & Jake Virtanen . To add him to our prospect pool ? Future 1st line centre , next year playing in Utica with call ups if injuries .

No. He wasn't good enough to crack Buffalo's lineup this season. He's smart, but skating is an issue.

Instead we should start utilizing the draft just as Buffalo has.

Why would the Sabres do that.

Should the Penguins have traded Malkin when they got Crosby?

Im going to say no because

a.) Buffalo will want A LOT for Reinhart

b.) For a rebuilding team like the Sabres, trading one of your top prospects is not logical

c.) Our prospect pool is already shallow, we cant afford to give up our youth

I say the Canucks should focus on drafting and developing their own prospects. Its a lot cheaper. That and moving their draft pick for a higher pick.

A team to target for prospects would be teams that are contending for the cup.

wrong forum and already discussed in its own thread.

thought I'd save Elvis the time.

Appreciated, better than people asking where I am if I haven't replied in the first few posts.

But OP, here's the link to the existing thread in the Proposals sub-forum:

[Discussion] Should Benning make another attempt at Reinhart?

He's not our prospect, and you're suggesting a possible trade, so that's why it's in the other section.

Archived