The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Van vs. Minny (Jordan Schroeder is God Version)

TOMapleLaughs

Ben Kuzma@benkuzma 2m2 minutes ago

#Canucks have recalled Alex Biega from Utica with Edler injured and Tanev questionable for tonight against #Wild.

its not a secret that Tanev has been banged up lately. He potentially may not be in which would make things a lot worse.

Yea... He looked very shaken up after the second monahan goal. No surprise there

Biega over Bobby? Hmmm... Interesting

The status of the team has been known for awhile, so I'm not sure about the internal conflict and turmoil stuff. Media-created hyperbole? But I'd expect some stories to come out if there are some more unpopular trades. There always is.

Benning should be a seller at the deadline, that much is obvious.

not obvious to me

they have played pretty well the last few games

and are in a playoff position

percentage wise 6th in the conference

why would you want to gut a playoff team??

makes no sense for the players

makes no business sense either

talk about a solid method to alienate your season ticket holders

you think they want to watch a team tank while paying premium ticket prices ??

This defense is in shambles. HOWEVER...There is still a point in trying to sneak into the playoffs, but only because hard playoff games grow these younger guys as a team. I want Bo Horvat, Linden Vey, Adam Clendening, Ronalds Kenins, Shawn Matthias, and Zack Kassian to play some playoff games. Don't sell the farm on it, but it's good for their development to be part of a culture of a team that won't be sending a message that they are giving up on the season!!! Whatever we can do to get a decent top 4 defenseman who may or may not be a band-aid for a couple picks or a bottom 6 forward and a pick is a good way to jump-start this team back up again.

not obvious to me

you think they want to watch a team tank while paying premium tickcet prices ??

-Weirdest posting style I've seen in awhile.

-Missing hyphens though.

-It's been obvious all season long.

-Change is coming.

-Trading a UFA or a minor vet isn't even gutting the team

-Trading the Sedins would be, but we cannot.

-Good business would be to bring about the exciting prospects we need to sustain growth.

-Drafting the Sedins kicked off the best era we've ever had.

-You ignore this process and you're alienating the season ticket holders, who are smarter than you give them credit for.

-It is too late to tank for McEichel, so that's out.

-But the Canucks aren't exactly losing these games vs. teams such as Calgary on purpose.

-Here is a descriptive pic:

declines.jpg

not obvious to me

you think they want to watch a team tank while paying premium ticket prices ??

I see us as obvious sellers of certain pieces that aren't exactly tipping the balance of success. Ie, the veteran roster players who are being outshined by the younger players coming in. Trying to parlay redundant pieces on this roster for youth ready to step into the league and/or draft picks in this very deep draft.

Also, some younger players who show extreme promise that don't seem to fit into the plans will probably be moved as well, ala Kassian, Lack and possibly even Tanev depending on how negotiations go leading up to the deadline, if Tanev asks for unreasonable money, I can see him moved in a hockey deal to bolster the strength of the roster for next season and beyond.

Ben Kuzma@benkuzma 4m4 minutes ago

Without Edler, Clendening taking shifts on PP1 as lone D. Same on PP2 with Hamhuis lone point man.

Elliott Pap@ElliottPap 6m6 minutes ago

Adam Clendening taking first unit PP reps with Edler out. Second unit: 53-7-20-36-2. :mad:

Sigh why not use Yannick Weber?

Not using the right players for the right situations. hansen, higgins and hammer really don't really belong on the PP. Rather have Matthias, Kenins (who shoots unlike everyone else), kassian and webs

Archived