The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Van vs. Minny (Jordan Schroeder is God Version)

TOMapleLaughs

Jordan_Schroeder_recap_0d41w7ok_9ak8ccxr

20150209__150209_wild_JordanSchroeder.jp

tumblr_mj4j1x0OY61rz9guyo1_500.gif

tumblr_mhzmmlI8cu1qblv2to1_r1_500.gif

Lineups:

Canucks - You know.

Minnesota - Jordan Schroeder and a bunch of bums.

Minnesota, with their puff february schedule, has become the hottest team in the NHL. 8-0-2 in their last 10gp. 2pts out of wildcard spot.

Canucks, reeling from the loss of Alex Edler, their mvp this season, need to start collecting wins against those like the Wild, who are fighting for playoff spots of their own. There isn't a cushion.

Edler update: @News1130Sports Alexandre Edler's agent Mark Stowe says he has been told by the team not to talk about his client's injury.

Hmmm. Mystery and Intrigue.

Web_Extra_Cooke_Returns_to_Wild_Lineup-s

No.

keith-ballard.jpg

Also no.

That is all.

I am a little concerned Miller is 0-3 last three starts and the team needs to step up an play D an support him some more in this game .This is one of the most important games again this season, as it begs the question! can this team beat Minny or we just watching them fly by us on the way to the top? Team needs to man up tonight an play some D for Miller an the whole team not just our battered D but to a man show up tonight.

I am a little concerned Miller is 0-3 last three starts and the team needs to step up an play D an support him some more in this game .This is one of the most important games again this season, as it begs the question! can this team beat Minny or we just watching them fly by us on the way to the top? Team needs to man up tonight an play some D for Miller an the whole team not just our battered D but to a man show up tonight.

Actually Miller is 1-2 in his last 3 starts. But I agree, this is a must win game for the Canucks.

Bieksa out long term past the deadline, Edler out seemingly long term.

It's going to be a long and rocky road. Benning will not, and cannot give up the pieces needed to acquire a defenceman of Edler's calibre prior to, or at the deadline. Hamhuis (60% effectiveness) and Tanev being our only true T4 defencemen is going to equate to a lot of teams bringing the pressure.

I think that this might be the start of our swan song this season. If Miller is shaky, might as well keep playing him; seriously doubt any team is going to take him on at his salary for two seasons beyond this one.

Looking at the current T4 in the west, I don't see how there's anyway we can match up against Nashville, Anaheim, Chicago or St Louis in a 7 game series. If we don't have a hope then I don't see what the point of squeaking into the playoffs is.

Making the playoffs, and deserving to be in the playoffs are two very different things. The Canucks since the end of December have done nothing but regress, and are still clinging to a playoff spot because of their good start.They have not played nearly well enough to instill confidence in their ability to raise their intensity, compete level or defensive stability come playoff time.

Make no mistake, this team right now is nothing more than veterans trying to keep their jobs, and young guys trying to take those jobs away from them.

There's just as much internal conflict and turmoil with this team as there has been the last two seasons.

As stated G-S

The only way benning is trading for another D man instead of utilizing our depth is if it's a Gudbranson Kulikov, Bouwey Larsson or someone young enough to grow with this team.

I find it highly doubtful he will go against everything he's ever done and everything he's said as a GM or AGM and acquire yet another tweener to fill a void when we're fighting for the bubble and not contention in the conference.

It doesn't make sense.

But (and bare with me as i am not trying to be a slippy Richard here) at the same token his agent being told to be silent could mean Edler is moving and is perfectly healthy.

See what I did there? Best to not jump the gun burn bridges and jump to conclusions based off of a single sentence. This fan base is crazy enough

As stated G-S

The only way benning is trading for another D man instead of utilizing our depth is if it's a Gudbranson Kulikov, Bouwey Larsson or someone young enough to grow with this team.

I find it highly doubtful he will go against everything he's ever done and everything he's said as a GM or AGM and acquire yet another tweener to fill a void when we're fighting for the bubble and not contention in the conference.

It doesn't make sense.

But (and bare with me as i am not trying to be a slippy Richard here) at the same token his agent being told to be silent could mean Edler is moving and is perfectly healthy.

See what I did there? Best to not jump the gun burn bridges and jump to conclusions based off of a single sentence. This fan base is crazy enough

BUT BUT Thats not the CDC way BURN ALL THE BRIDGES :bigblush: ::D

It's going to be a long and rocky road. Benning will not, and cannot give up the pieces needed to acquire a defenceman of Edler's calibre prior to, or at the deadline. Hamhuis (60% effectiveness) and Tanev being our only true T4 defencemen is going to equate to a lot of teams bringing the pressure.

I think that this might be the start of our swan song this season. If Miller is shaky, might as well keep playing him; seriously doubt any team is going to take him on at his salary for two seasons beyond this one.

Looking at the current T4 in the west, I don't see how there's anyway we can match up against Nashville, Anaheim, Chicago or St Louis in a 7 game series. If we don't have a hope then I don't see what the point of squeaking into the playoffs is.

Making the playoffs, and deserving to be in the playoffs are two very different things. The Canucks since the end of December have done nothing but regress, and are still clinging to a playoff spot because of their good start.They have not played nearly well enough to instill confidence in their ability to raise their intensity, compete level or defensive stability come playoff time.

Make no mistake, this team right now is nothing more than veterans trying to keep their jobs, and young guys trying to take those jobs away from them.

There's just as much internal conflict and turmoil with this team as there has been the last two seasons.

A lot of all of this right here.

No point making trades we cannot afford.

Honestly, no point trying. how do you replace a teams top pairing D man via trade. Answer...it guts your team to do so. Action taken? None as it makes no sense to.

Ride it out.

The status of the team has been known for awhile, so I'm not sure about the internal conflict and turmoil stuff. Media-created hyperbole? But I'd expect some stories to come out if there are some more unpopular trades. There always is.

Benning should be a seller at the deadline, that much is obvious.

Archived