The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Van vs. Minny (Jordan Schroeder is God Version)

TOMapleLaughs

Matthais and Kassian need to play more than 11 minutes....like they did in Calgary, after a dominate performance over the Bruins.

I don't understand WD's logic of not playing players more who have shown they can score. Against Calgary if Matthais and Kass had played ~18 minutes...may be the duo would have done some more damage and the Sedins would have a little left in the gas tank to finish the game strong (Sedins played well, but they need to be complemented more by playing the guys who are actually scoring).

Not looking too promising considering the status of our D.

If they can pull off a W against the Wild, then this will be a surprising win.

If the Canucks can somehow miracle a W out of this one they'll be in solid shape to finish the month a game above 500. What I'm most looking forward to tonight is what fun and creative interpretations of the rules the refs use to help the Wild.

We should sell Matthias and whatever redundant vet or two who really wants out, because at the end of the day a prospect can fill those spots, and then they'll be "further along in their development."

Where are we when a guy like Matthias or a redundant vet is the difference between win or lose anyway? Truth: They aren't the difference.

Matthias looks capable of taking Higgins spot on the second line.

He is working the PK and producing offensively.

He is hardly redundant with nobody on the farm anywhere near capable of stepping up into a second line role .

Deep draft. 2nd round pick is a good player and Benning has said he expects to pick up 2 good players.

I think he would prefer gathering more. Who wouldn't? It's a rebuild phase.

We should sell Matthias and whatever redundant vet or two who really wants out, because at the end of the day a prospect can fill those spots, and then they'll be "further along in their development."

Where are we when a guy like Matthias or a redundant vet is the difference between win or lose anyway? Truth: They aren't the difference.

Isn't Matthias 26? You can't build a team with all super young players. Well you can but then you're the Oilers. If Matthias can keep up his level of play he's an excellent transitional player.

Matthais and Kassian need to play more than 11 minutes....like they did in Calgary, after a dominate performance over the Bruins.

I don't understand WD's logic of not playing players more who have shown they can score. Against Calgary if Matthais and Kass had played ~18 minutes...may be the duo would have done some more damage and the Sedins would have a little left in the gas tank to finish the game strong (Sedins played well, but they need to be complemented more by playing the guys who are actually scoring).

Matthias played 15 minutes.

Hank played 18:35 minutes

not obvious to me

they have played pretty well the last few games

and are in a playoff position

percentage wise 6th in the conference

why would you want to gut a playoff team??

makes no sense for the players

makes no business sense either

talk about a solid method to alienate your season ticket holders

you think they want to watch a team tank while paying premium ticket prices ??

Good points Coastal. This year has always been an evaluation year. There's no way JB and TL will do anything drastic to the team. We know this isn't a Stanley Cup contender. Now, we can evaluate how strong our depth is and how will our team adjust in the face of adveristy. We need warriors through the tough times... Who are they? I have a feeling the summer will be very active, but nothing until then. Let's just enjoy the rest, back the blue/green and hope we get a little second season action.

Matthias looks capable of taking Higgins spot on the second line.

He is working the PK and producing offensively.

He is hardly redundant with nobody on the farm anywhere near capable of stepping up into a second line role .

Absolutely.. Love Matthias and his work ethic. Thoug I was disappointed in that line when I was at the game in Calgary. I was really looking forward to seeing them push the play, hard on the forecheck...

Archived