The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[2014-15] Canucks Injuries & Ice Chips Thread Part 2 | Where the Streets Have No Kassian Updates

Brad Marchand

Brad Richardson one of the first #Canucks on the ice for optional skate this morning.

"I'm hoping to be in there, this time of year not playing hurts. We'll see tonight" - Richardson #Canucks

No decision on whether Richardson will play in Game 5 or not. "Game-time decision." #Canucks

That's a good sign, but might not help if we can't win games. The last comment is from WD.

Also:

Other news: Burrows is still in Calgary, Baertschi will make his playoff debut tonight and "the guys are ready. We know what we need to do."

Desjardins said the players who did not skate today should be good to go for Game 6. #Canucks

Willie says Richardson came out of last night's game well health wise. Game time decision, but he sounds optimistic. #canucks

Good news on Richardson, he allows us to have him for the defensive side and let players like Baertschi come in and focus on the offensive side.

some speculation on TEAM 1040 on whether Ronald Kenins plays tonight. Might be injured from blocking a shot last game.

Kenins moving gingerly out there this morning, already has had a couple chats with head athletic trainer Mike Burnstein. #Canucks

Kenins first one off the ice. #Canucks

If Kenins can't play tonight. It will likely be McMillan who slots in. #Canucks

Update on Kassian. #Canucks

1) Has not skated since injury.

2) No where near needing surgery.

3) "Rehab" rumours are completely untrue.

Brad Richardson's agent Mark Guy - "I do not believe at this time that surgery is required. It looks like just time is needed." #Canucks

Hearing #Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa was not 100% healthy - played with a nasty virus in his throat.

#Canucks forward Jannik Hansen has groin injury - won't play for Denmark at World Hockey Championships.

"I'm really angry about not being able to play, but I understand of #Canucks recommendations," says Hansen, according to Ekstra Bladet.

After a medical examination in Vancouver Sunday, the club has dissuaded Hansen from playing for fear that the damage gets worse. #Canucks

And it all comes out. There may be others with injuries we've yet to hear about but it doesn't excuse the poor or lacklustre play we saw throughout the series.

kassians not injured.willie d doesn't want him on the team because he makes him look like a midget.he better be injured because if he doesn't see his value in this series somethings wrong.

:picard:

Zack Kassian's new agent Richard Curran : "It was his back." #Canucks

Curran on possible back surgery for Kassian :"At the moment it doesn’t appear so." #Canucks

No surprise there it was his back, but the rumour floating around was surgery (although they would have already done it if that was the case so it wasn't that believable).

Wow, even with a groin injury Hansen was still one of our fastest guys :shock:

It might have been a minor strain but you could injure yourself at any time. There'd be a risk he'd aggravate it that was a bit higher I guess so rest/recovery is the prognosis rather than risking further injury and possible surgery.

Is this some kind of sick joke?

- Complained about ice time.

- Back Issues.

- Wears #9

- Changes his agent....

His future as a Canuck is as murky as ever. Although if these issues are keeping him out of a lineup for months, I'm not sure if he can be traded.

If it's all just injury-related though, why change agents?

To be continued.

kassians not injured.willie d doesn't want him on the team because he makes him look like a midget.he better be injured because if he doesn't see his value in this series somethings wrong.

Hey, remember Zack Kassian? The big winger went down with a back injury some time ago. There really hasn’t been any news since, and it sounds as though this is the rare instance where no news is not good news.

According to sources, Kassian is done for the year and will be undergoing back surgery.

Who are these sources? Garry Valk’s Twitter account, for one, after the sharp-haired pundit appeared to make a classic Twitter mistake.

Later, TSN 1040′s Blake Price sort-of corroborated the sort-of report, sort of, saying that he’d heard something similar from a third-party source. So have I. The rumour is a bulged disc.

:picard::sadno:

Sometimes it's better to just not say anything

Any truth to the rumour that the linesman injured him in game 3?

#Canucks locker clean out availability Burrows confirms rib injury caused by linesman, falling after fight #TSN1040

Apparently so, although for what it's worth the audio was he was asked if he hurt it in the fight and he said, "no, just afterwards."

Also:

Sedin's don't outright confirm they will not play in Worlds, but reading between lines: they are banged up, need rest/will not go #TSN1040

Fracture/ligament damage for Richardson's ankle...surgery next week is for the "stuff around it (fracture)" #Canucks #TSN1040

No surprise, Dorsett admitted he hurt shoulder in regular-season finale. He called it a "stinger". #Canucks

#Canucks Sbisa says no to worlds. Says not up to it physically. Says past month body has been hurting

Kassian "It's no secret I hurt my back. It's nothing serious. No surgery is needed. It will just take time. I'll be ready to go next year."

Kassian "I hurt it in the Dion Phaneuf scrum."

Archived