The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henrik Sedin NHL 2nd Star of the Week

Robongo

Last season was the first season that the Sedins were under 74 pts apiece or, in case of shortened season due to injuries, on pace for that through 82 games since their first 70+ point season. They had a few anomaly seasons at their peak with 90-112 points, but those were them at their peak as the best players in the league playing on the best team in the league. Their "decline" has basically been since the start of the 2013 season where they returned to their normal scoring pace of roughly just below a PPG. Obviously that means they are on the second half of their production (best 3 years behind them), but that doesn't mean they are done. It just means that they only have a few more seasons as first line offensive players before their role in diminished.

In the end, they have a shot at being #2 and #3 for points by Swedish players behind Mats Sundin, and ahead of Lidstrom and Alfredsson. Henrik is 261 points out of 2nd, and Daniel is 300. It's not unfathomable that they reach those numbers if they player for 4-6 more years.

Congrats on your first post welcome to cdc.

Thanks! I've been following this for a while now, but only decided to make an account now. I've been a fan of hockey and the Canucks since I was 7 and that was the previous time Nashville was first in the West and Canucks were third. 2006 I think?

Good for Henrik....he's officially reaping the benefits of being able to play on Kassian's line.

Third in the NHL in assists.

Just a handful of assists away from 700 and top 50 in NHL history.

Kassian should be shining his skates and carrying his sticks.

I like the grit and determination they are showing but let's be realistic, they are not better than ever. They were Art Ross trophy winners FFS.

Apollo is just the most optimistic person alive.

Edit: And there's nothing wrong with that :lol:

Archived