The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Yandle to NYR

easy way to figure out this trade...would you guys do that package for Edler?

As good as that package was I would say maybe not for Vancouver but only because unlike Arizona we are a playoff team, also we need all the D we can get.

Better way to 'figure out this trade', is to ask would you trade Virtanen or Horvat(comparable to Duclair) and a 2016 1st for Yandle? As much as we could use a good puck moving Dman their is no way I would do that, for that reason I think the 'Yotes won this trade.

As good as that package was I would say maybe not for Vancouver but only because unlike Arizona we are a playoff team, also we need all the D we can get.

Better way to 'figure out this trade', is to ask would you trade Virtanen or Horvat(comparable to Duclair) and a 2016 1st for Yandle? As much as we could use a good puck moving Dman their is no way I would do that, for that reason I think the 'Yotes won this trade.

Good point.

Guest Dasein

I think AV might get the cup this year. Rags D is sick right now, and with King Henrik as the last line of defence, they'll make another run.

Price might be able to outduel him though.

Ya I'm thinking Price stands in the way

MTL is way deeper

Ya I'm thinking Price stands in the way

MTL is way deeper

Not in D. Marc Stall is poised to be on their 3rd pair.

Maybe Mtl has more depth scoring, especially if Dale keeps up his pace, but Price will have to steal the series, which he is capable of doing.

Even with the acquisition of Petry, Mtl D is weaker than Rangers in my opinion, and Rangers have a lot of speed up front.

Guest Dasein

Not in D. Marc Stall is poised to be on their 3rd pair.

Maybe Mtl has more depth scoring, especially if Dale keeps up his pace, but Price will have to steal the series, which he is capable of doing.

Even with the acquisition of Petry, Mtl D is weaker than Rangers in my opinion, and Rangers have a lot of speed up front.

It's weaker through 1-6, but MTL is stronger afterwards

Mtl - Subban Markov Gonchar Emelin Gilbert Petry Beaulieu, Weaver, Tinordi

NYR - McDonagh, Girardi, Boyle, Yandle, Staal, Klein, Hunwick

And nobody goes through a long run without injuries, so NYR's depth will be tested. The upside NYR has is that they could lose McDonagh and still have guys step into that top role seamlessly, whereas MTL is screwed if Subban goes down. The upside for MTL is that they could lose 2+ not named Subban and not miss a beat, whereas NYR will be pushed to their limits

Archived