The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Hearing for Toffoli

Mackcanuck

"Quintal warned Toffoli that it was a dangerous play on Burrows but ultimately feels penalty on ice sufficed. So no further discipline"

​And the League at this time would like to publicly apologize to the Kings Organization for allowing the Canucks to win the Game.

There will be a hearing held today for the Officials of that game! :shock:

It wasn't that bad, Toffoli is a young guy with no history(To my knowledge) of that sort of play.

Take off the Rose-Coloured glasses.

This is a fair call.

Not being a homer. A cross-check that distance from the boards is the most dangerous play in hockey. Burrows is lucky he didn't snap his neck. Regardless of the players' history I think it behooves the league to say it can't be tolerated and dole out a one-game suspension.

MarK Spector hates our city, our team and Alex Burrows. It should be no surprise he is flapping with mouth fingers in the Twitter.

It's OK Mark, we don't hate Alberta like Alberta hates us. We call that being classy, you should try it some time.

Its not surprising. Without Toffoli the Kings chances of making the playoffs are greatly diminished.

Remember this is a league where an infraction is penalized in October, but ignored in the playoffs. Its a league where whistles get burried in the pockets of the refs depending on who is winning, what time of the period it is, and how many preceding penalties have been called.

Matt Cooke administers that same hit, i bet you he gets a few games. He has a history of course....and "history" makes a rule violation severe or less sever ---- so if its the first time I stab someone the stabbing is supposed to be less severe than if I had stabbed 5 other guys last year.

The league surely is a bush league sometimes.

also do people actually think 1-2 game suspensions will deter players from doing stuff like this

until the NHL starts at min 10 games for any suspension nothing will change we will still see hits from behind head shots and low hits

No. We just want the Kings to not have one of their best goal scorers for a few games in this crucial time of the season to damage their playoff hopes.

It wasn't that bad, Toffoli is a young guy with no history(To my knowledge) of that sort of play.

Take off the Rose-Coloured glasses.

This is a fair call.

This sums it up nicely.

I don't know when fans lost perspective and became so cynical.

why are people so mad?

oh because it's the mean old NHL against Burrows and the Canucks right this only happens to this team right

Burrows came back which helped Toffoli because the NHL has stayed consistent on one thing and that is they punish the injury not the act

5 minute major and kicked out of the game ultimately losing the game and a crucial 2 points is fair enough at most they could of given him a fine or 1 game but they didn't move on and stop with the conspiracy bs

There are two sets of rules, one for NHL darling teams and one for the rest of the teams. In case you can't figure it out, we're part of the "rest of the teams". That's why people are mad.

MarK Spector hates our city, our team and Alex Burrows. It should be no surprise he is flapping with mouth fingers in the Twitter.

It's OK Mark, we don't Alberta like Alberta hates us. We call that being classy, you should try it some time.

This is so true, they absolutely HATE Vancouver the city (jealousy) and BC in general.

Spector and his irrelevant Oilers should just shut the hell up and disappear until the draft...

I would have been ok with even just an official warning. With a fine if thats whats needed to officially give Toffoli a 'history.'

I do think that this is the type of hit that needs to be out of the game and that Toffoli should have gotten 1 or 2 games.

The other angle on this is that premeditation can be argued - Toffoli and Burrows were involved in at least one scrum before that dirty hit.

Spector can kiss my a$% - his only worry should be planning his annual draft day lottery BBQ for his beloved Oilers. What colour streamers are you going to use this year Marky? Blue, Orange, Black?

This is so true, they absolutely HATE Vancouver the city (jealousy) and BC in general.

Spector and his irrelevant Oilers should just shut the hell up and disappear until the draft...

If they're lucky they can draft another averaged sized top six forward and maybe one of these years they can have 4 first lines. If this continues they can fill the defense with 6' 190lb skilled forwards too.

Archived