The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Coyotes

-Vintage Canuck-

Agree. He seems to be the most dangerous of the D when he jumps into the rush. Something this team could use more of.

A lot of people don't project him on next years roster. I don't think it's so simple.

It was encouraging to find out that Corrado is still waiver exempt next year.

I could see the exact same D coming back next year where we carry 8 d-men, 13 forwards and 2 goalies.

That would be

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Bieksa

Sbisa Weber

Clendenning

Stanton

Funny how he looked WAY better immediately after Vrbata was moved onto the line in place of McMillan.

STOP PLAYING MCMILLAN!!!!!!

He probably played MacMillan cause it was his birthday and against his old team. Probably asked to play.

I don't know whats up with the guy. I have to think he's playing injured.

His skating seems super slow compared to previous years and he's giving the puck away quite a bit more than he had in the past.

Maybe logging the big minutes through all the d-men injuries took a toll on him but I hope he gets back to playing at the level he is capable of paying at.

I'm with you, I love the guy off the ice, but his play is severely lacking.

Good win...Canucks were hard on the puck in all zones.

However, they do need to use their muscle more rather than always stick checking.

Kenins - Horvat and Hansen...need to keep this line together.

Bonino needs to pick it up...start taking the man and going hard to the net...we need a second line center that can produce every game. Bonino is a key guy, He needs to get it going.

Vey is starting to use his strength more, which is his skating (speed) and quickness with his stick...he must be getting advice from Ronning, which is giving him confidence. Ronning also played to his strengths.

Good win...Canucks were hard on the puck in all zones.

However, they do need to use their muscle more rather than always stick checking.

Kenins - Horvat and Hansen...need to keep this line together.

Bonino needs to pick it up...start taking the man and going hard to the net...we need a second line center that can produce every game. Bonino is a key guy, He needs to get it going.

Vey is starting to use his strength more, which is his skating (speed) and quickness with his stick...he must be getting advice from Ronning, which is giving him confidence. Ronning also played to his strengths.

most first liners don't produce at a ppg pace, why would you expect Bonino to?

3 games in a row that we had 40+ shots on net. We had only 4 in the entire season before this streak. Glad to see the Canucks finally shooting the puck rather then looking for the perfect goal. Awesome game for us. This back to back put our character to the test and we passed with flying colours.

Edler was terrible as usual is what it should read. How many pucks have to skip over his stick at the blueline and give the other team a break away before fans realize he is way overated

Maybe you should stick to water.

1995-2000 (depends how far back you want to include).

Vancouver wasn't an economic power in North America and didn't have rich ownership that was spending 10s of millions more than every other team because there wasn't a Cap.

I think it's only fair to compare post cap era

This statement is only based off of numbers.

Edler is nowhere near the form and poise he had in 2010 or 2011. The day his no trade clause kicked in, his on ice performance drove off a cliff. Granted he has regained a lot compared to last year but still 2 strides from his previous top form.

He is still occasionally making bad reads and has the puck bounce over his stick a lot. Something that was a very rare occurrence is almost a daily occurrence with him now.

Is this because of his D pairing? Perhaps. Is this because other team mates cant pass? Perhaps.

One interesting note though, Is that when he was out of the lineup, albeit so was bieksa, the team played much better defensive looking hockey. The areas that looked bad defensively with out him are still there with him.

If this is his top form I would trade him in a heart beat as the return is large and the hole is minimal.

The only thing he is bringing right now is some sporadic goal scoring. He is also bringing a very discombobulated style of play. He seems to be caught defensively often and his big body D presence is not utilized.

Its like his feet are too big for him lol.

I believe he sustained some kind of permanent injury a few years back and most likely will never return to his form of a few years ago.

I would definitely trade him in the next 2 years for a good return. I would move Bieksa as well and Hamuis not to long after that.

Any ways the criticism is warranted!!! Unless your one of those blind eyed band wagoneers.

For whatever reason most people have always had some kinda blind love for Edler and will notice his odd good play and Ignore all the bad ones it's ridiculous.

Edler has had a much better year then last and that's because he's a soft and couldn't handle the truths from Torts probably had him nervous as hell lol.

This season Edler seems more dependable and has did good on th pk but still looks pretty shaky far too often and where the hell are the odd heavy hits or shots he used to deliver they've both disappeared.

Still not earning his big money but not the rip off he was last season it could be worse.

For whatever reason most people have always had some kinda blind love for Edler and will notice his odd good play and Ignore all the bad ones it's ridiculous.

For whatever reason, some people ignore the vast majority of what a player does and they just concentrate on the negative as a rule.

Personally I like around 97% of what Edler does, a view most likely shared by his coaches on the Canucks, the 2012 All Star team and the 2014 Swedish Olympic team.

For whatever reason, some people ignore the vast majority of what a player does and they just concentrate on the negative as a rule.

Personally I like around 97% of what Edler does, a view most likely shared by his coaches on the Canucks, the 2012 All Star team and the 2014 Swedish Olympic team.

That's particularly true of defensemen. Forwards F-up all the time and turn the puck over. But because it doesn't often lead directly to a goal, most forget about it.

Anybody who claims that Edler is 'not earning his big money' obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. His cap hit is 5.0 million, which is about average for a veteran top-4 defenseman. Alex may not be Norris-calibre, but he's decidedly better than average.

Edler is 20th in the league in TOI/GP for defensemen. But he only has the 32nd highest cap hit (tied with Sergei Gonchar, Andrew MacDonald, and Paul Martin).

Archived