The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Recall] Sven Baertschi Recalled by Vancouver

Smiley2051

I think I prefer Kenins.

I also prefer Kenins on the Horvat line at this time. Today that line really seemed to struggle defensively. I think look at Baertschi in Vancouver next season. if you take Kenins out for Baertschi, an already soft team becomes even softer. We have so few physical players heading into a King matchup and playoffs as it is.

Created some pretty good chances off his stick, the defensive lapses I saw were mostly from Hansen, namely that 5th Winnipeg goal where he failed to clear the puck in Canucks' zone.

The worst thing about Baertschi's game tonight was probably the penalties he took.

Most disappointing thing for me, was his line's TOI. Though I understand it's Willie D's MO to build trust with his rookies before he plays the more, but how will Willie trust a forward that's not supposed to be a defensive wizard in the first place?

2 "im an allstar, watch this" giveaways a game is unacceptable on our team.

According to official NHL stats Kenins has exactly ONE giveaway in the last 6 games as well as one takeaway... and TWENTY hits (8 of them in our last meeting with the Jets which makes his exclusion this time around all the more mystifying). I can't believe fans here are dumping on him; someone here said he was "trying too hard" which is a laugher on a team that has had way too many nights where the major players on the team haven't tried at all.

Created some pretty good chances off his stick, the defensive lapses I saw were mostly from Hansen, namely that 5th Winnipeg goal where he failed to clear the puck in Canucks' zone.

The worst thing about Baertschi's game tonight was probably the penalties he took.

Most disappointing thing for me, was his line's TOI. Though I understand it's Willie D's MO to build trust with his rookies before he plays the more, but how will Willie trust a forward that's not supposed to be a defensive wizard in the first place?

Baertsch had an opportunity to clear the puck immediately before Hansen did and failed but you (and Garrett) want to blame Hansen. Figures.

I like this guy but I'm not convinced he's going to be all that great and the fact that he is Swiss is a concern. If the rumours about his "moping" in Calgary are true (and they are just rumours) it should be a big red flag to our brainstrust. Swiss players can always go back home and play forever in a decent league where nobody hits anybody else and where they are guaranteed great paying jobs and star status. Anybody remember Reto Von Arx?

According to official NHL stats Kenins has exactly ONE giveaway in the last 6 games as well as one takeaway... and TWENTY hits (8 of them in our last meeting with the Jets which makes his exclusion this time around all the more mystifying). I can't believe fans here are dumping on him; someone here said he was "trying too hard" which is a laugher on a team that has had way too many nights where the major players on the team haven't tried at all.

It has been pretty clear that Kenins has been struggling as of late. He's been trying to get way too cute with the puck and payed the price more often than not.

Word it any way you want - Whether it was because he's trying too hard, thinking too much or just getting too cocky out there, who knows? But something has been off regardless of what the official stats say.

Sven had a good first period but the rest of the game he was pretty useless. Give him another game and if he doesn't do anything I'd send him back down for kenins or richardsons return. Vey could always take a seat as well. I hope kassian is ready for playoffs.

i agree but dont u think its right time to experiment??? we can't afford loses

Guys relax; They will give him another game if he continues to be average than they can just send him down. What's important is he has a strong training camp and a strong pre-season. This move made the Canucks' lose nothing but showed me some fans can't admit Hansen makes mistakes. Any-how give him one more game, but Wille needs to use him in the right situations like the powerplay.

Big deal he stinks next game, just send him back to the AHL and tell him what he needs to work on. Detroit did it with their prospect.

Baertsch had an opportunity to clear the puck immediately before Hansen did and failed but you (and Garrett) want to blame Hansen. Figures.

I like this guy but I'm not convinced he's going to be all that great and the fact that he is Swiss is a concern. If the rumours about his "moping" in Calgary are true (and they are just rumours) it should be a big red flag to our brainstrust. Swiss players can always go back home and play forever in a decent league where nobody hits anybody else and where they are guaranteed great paying jobs and star status. Anybody remember Reto Von Arx?

Didn't see, but Hansen had a golden opportunity, and wouldn't you blame the guy who most directly amounted in a goal going the other way? I suppose you can take some of the blame off Hansen and pin it on Lack's five hole.

Already condemning him off of one game, I see. As for the after first period comments, I'm pretty sure the Horvat line only got about 5 minutes of play in the 2nd and 3rd period combined.

At least he got to play in a playoff-like atmosphere.

shoulda left him with green as long as we could, they have a history and sven needs good coaching and confidence more than a 67th NHL GP. plus he can't be there next year. given our position its not like the team needed him and it was an emergency.

dumb move 0/10

lol he could've had a couple of,points.

Archived