The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Recall] Sven Baertschi Recalled by Vancouver

Smiley2051

If I was 17 and living in my mom's basement I would also be very critical of his first game as a Canuck.

Mainly because it was my entire world today, well.... that land Skylanders trap team.

While his first game was not impressive and he needs to watch his penalties, he has shown flashes of things can do in this game which is really encouraging. I think after he gets a little more comfortable, he will be a good player.

Our biggest problem is that we don't play Horvat enough. Seriously, 10 minutes? They're consistently our best line. Come on, Willie, use your head.

It goes all the way back to what he said before, he doesn't like rookies. He does need a slap in the face at times. How can they possibly improve if you never give them room to. BUT, i would much rather have WD as a coach, than someone else. Hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes.

It goes all the way back to what he said before, he doesn't like rookies. He does need a slap in the face at times. How can they possibly improve if you never give them room to. BUT, i would much rather have WD as a coach, than someone else. Hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes.

He never said any such thing. Source?

What he said is players, including rookies have to earn his trust. What worthwhile coach would say anything different. I reckon Bo's line is being "nursed" because he wants them going hard in the playoffs.

We can't afford to have the "4th" line fatigued. That is also why I think Kenins is being "rested" because he (having a more physical game) was already showing signs of fatigue.

Our biggest problem is that we don't play Horvat enough. Seriously, 10 minutes? They're consistently our best line. Come on, Willie, use your head.

Horvat has been playing 13 minutes pretty consistently save for last night and against Colorado. He hasn't been playing well for a while. His line is getting scored on way too much for a fourth line and their production has dried up. I'd say Willie has managed him brilliantly.

Bo has been beaten one on one a lot more in the last few games than he has all season. Is the coach supposed to ignore what he sees and just play him more and more? When he hasn't regularity taken ice away?

And we all love Bo but to say that line has been consistently the best is very wrong. They have been an anchor over the last 8. Horvat and Kenins are both pointless in 8 and 9 respectively. Bo is -8 in those games with advanced stats to match.

The resurgence of the second line and the consistency of the Sedins has been carrying the team. I think Willie has shown great restraint not to start running with 1 and 2 more. His bottom two lines have been ineffective as of late yet he is still putting them out and the Canucks are still winning. WD is a heck of a coach.

IMO the team played OK in both the Chicago and Winnipeg losses. I actually find the errors being made by the Sedin line on the d-side of the puck more concerning. Their bad line change cost a goal last night which kinda cost the game. That said there were good scoring chances early on that could have won the game for them.

Horvat has been playing 13 minutes pretty consistently save for last night and against Colorado. He hasn't been playing well for a while. His line is getting scored on way too much for a fourth line and their production has dried up. I'd say Willie has managed him brilliantly.

Bo has been beaten one on one a lot more in the last few games than he has all season. Is the coach supposed to ignore what he sees and just play him more and more? When he hasn't regularity taken ice away?

And we all love Bo but to say that line has been consistently the best is very wrong. They have been an anchor over the last 8. Horvat and Kenins are both pointless in 8 and 9 respectively. Bo is -8 in those games with advanced stats to match.

The resurgence of the second line and the consistency of the Sedins has been carrying the team. I think Willie has shown great restraint not to start running with 1 and 2 more. His bottom two lines have been ineffective as of late yet he is still putting them out and the Canucks are still winning. WD is a heck of a coach.

IMO the team played OK in both the Chicago and Winnipeg losses. I actually find the errors being made by the Sedin line on the d-side of the puck more concerning. Their bad line change cost a goal last night which kinda cost the game. That said there were good scoring chances early on that could have won the game for them.

What does this have to do with Sven?

About the same as any of those at least there was a shred of analysis unlike empty bitching

Archived