The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Fans In Calgary Unite (Bars YYC)

vancouverdepression

you guys better be careful. Calgary is the Redneck city of Canada.

i recall in 2004, there were Canucks fans getting beat up in Calgary.

Really? I haven't heard that before (fans getting beat up in Calgary)

I just signed up on the Flames site to be eligible to buy tickets (I guess outside of season ticket holders, it will be a draw).

If I don't get in there, or with scalpers, well...I may crash at my brother-in-laws'. He's got the theatre room with projector, etc.

I just signed up on the Flames site to be eligible to buy tickets (I guess outside of season ticket holders, it will be a draw).

If I don't get in there, or with scalpers, well...I may crash at my brother-in-laws'. He's got the theatre room with projector, etc.

That's my understanding as well.

I have a friend in Calgary who's a season ticket holder he has one ticket for his wife and one for him. He phoned me this morning his wife's going away for work for a few weeks and asked if I wanted to go so now I've got tickets for all of round one in Calgary. Now to get tickets for the games in Van... Wife surprised me literally just after I posted this got my first round set all 4-7 games :towel::canucks::towel:

That's my understanding as well.

I have a friend in Calgary who's a season ticket holder he has one ticket for his wife and one for him. He phoned me this morning his wife's going away for work for a few weeks and asked if I wanted to go so now I've got tickets for all of round one in Calgary. Now to get tickets for the games in Van... Wife surprised me literally just after I posted this got my first round set all 4-7 games :towel::canucks::towel:

Pretty sweet - enjoy!

Waaaaaaay worse. Calgary is more of a business hub if anything. Not really any rednecks there.

Edmonton on the other hand is where all the rig pigs go to blow of steam on the weekends. Pretty greasy.

Working in the trades in Calgary i have found a lot of redneck flames fans been accosted a couple times with my jersey.

Nothing has happened to my truck yet even though i have had a deckle on the back window.

I lived in Calgary for 5 years, went to every Canucks game during that time and always wore my jersey. I never once had a problem from Flames fans. Just a little trash talking which usually got pretty quiet after the Canucks won.

I was at a bar in the Calgary airport today...I kept it lopro but having said that the general vibe and chatter was that they were all just pumped to be in the playoffs....they really were stoked..

It was fun to be Fan of the game....I'm sure it'll get more heated.

I lived in Calgary a couple of times and the worst thing that happened to me was some jerk from behind me threw pop corn on my head. We won that game! Back when we had that giant Sundin.

As for Schanks North, there used to be about 50% bar staff who were Canucks fans. Haven't been there in 4 years, so I can't say for sure. I worked there for a 6 months. High fives all around when we won!

2011 run...BC boys were building the Calgary West LRT line...(right after building the Canada LRT Line)...Lots of Canucks flags flying high in Cow Town...good times then, and hoping for more now.

As for rednecks in Calgary...you can find them if you're looking for them; it's all good though...unless you're looking to fight, then take your pick.

I lived in Calgary for a decade and never had any problems (at the Saddledome or elsewhere). Even the Red Mile was good times (cops at every street corner and intersection tends to keep the peace).

Schanks North was a pretty good time for a Canuck fan as well as Beckham's Pub in the NE.

you guys better be careful. Calgary is the Redneck city of Canada.

My buddy game before last had drinks thrown at him by some stupid flames fans! Im a big guy but I still seriously worry about personal safety in this city when it comes to being a Nucks fan! This in the regular season.

I took my little boy to the game on Thursday. Probably the only reason I didn't get harassed.

I wont put stickers on my car because I KNOW it will get vandalized. It has before.

Large groups of Canucks fans is much safer then groups of 2s or 3s

Heck I almost got into a fist fight with one of my previous employers because I made fun of his Flames lol

People that take being a fan too seriously are ridiculous but there are lots of them in this city.

So all I can say is GO CANUCKS GO !!! but be careful Vancouver fans !

My buddy game before last had drinks thrown at him by some stupid flames fans! Im a big guy but I still seriously worry about personal safety in this city when it comes to being a Nucks fan! This in the regular season.

I took my little boy to the game on Thursday. Probably the only reason I didn't get harassed.

I wont put stickers on my car because I KNOW it will get vandalized. It has before.

Large groups of Canucks fans is much safer then groups of 2s or 3s

Heck I almost got into a fist fight with one of my previous employers because I made fun of his Flames lol

People that take being a fan too seriously are ridiculous but there are lots of them in this city.

So all I can say is GO CANUCKS GO !!! but be careful Vancouver fans !

Then, why not agree to sit in certain sections of the arena and bring Canucks chants together! As Pink Floyd sang: Together we stand... divided we fall.

Archived