The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mikael Backlund Guarantee's a Flame Victory in Game 6: "No way we lose at home".

HowYaDrouin

Here's the truth letting Calgary get the lead in this series was a huge mistake and honestly it will likely end up costing the Canucks the series. Calgary has a very underrated defense that can shut you down offensively. They play a very good system, they have good sticks, they get in the shooting lanes and make things very difficult on you in the offensive zone. By letting them have the series lead you let them dictate how they want to play. They can come out strong get a goal or 2 and then basically just sit back and play their system. We have to force them out of their system which we started to see after Bonino scored things opened up. They started making mistakes unforced errors with just needing to press things.

I want the Canucks to win I hate Calgary but the odds are against them and the way they played in Calgary in the previous 2 games... I'm not expecting much.

Bieksa said we'll have to go in there with our heads down and work hard.

good god, whatever you do don't keep your head down.

of you are scrapping it out in a fist fight it would be best to keep your head down. Chin up is a big button to hit.

In 2011 I think Columbus or the Blues were coming to town; the press in the paper said: "An easy win coming to Van" or something along those lines. It was posted on the door to the dressing room and they were pissed. I think Van was on a big win streak and we ended up getting dominated that night.

Lets hope this motivates the boys. I feel real good about the game on Saturday.

Here's the truth letting Calgary get the lead in this series was a huge mistake and honestly it will likely end up costing the Canucks the series. Calgary has a very underrated defense that can shut you down offensively. They play a very good system, they have good sticks, they get in the shooting lanes and make things very difficult on you in the offensive zone. By letting them have the series lead you let them dictate how they want to play. They can come out strong get a goal or 2 and then basically just sit back and play their system. We have to force them out of their system which we started to see after Bonino scored things opened up. They started making mistakes unforced errors with just needing to press things.

I want the Canucks to win I hate Calgary but the odds are against them and the way they played in Calgary in the previous 2 games... I'm not expecting much.

Well we'll see. Calgary will come at us with everything they've got. If we can hold them off from scoring so early in the 1st, and play how we did today; I see them getting warn out and we've got a good shot.

Now that I'm actually watching his whole postgame interview the guy is even more of a goof than I initially thought from the quote "Loudest buiilding in the NHL now that Winnipeg is out". How'd that loud building work out for Winnipeg? Also "last game they didn't have much in our building" Aside from outshooting your team by 7 shots. It's kind of sad but I would have respected this interview more from Ferland because at least he's a contributing factor in the series.

Well...

It's been said, and IMO it's only going to motivate the boys more, much as the Ferland is irrelavent comment did with the Flames.

Thoughts? Would you be okay if one of our players guaranteed a win in a similar situation?

There is a pretty big difference between dissing the opponent versus hyping up your own team. One comment is going to fire up the opponent much more than the other.

Didn't Bertuzzi say this in the Canucks' 2003 series loss against the Wild? And weren't the Wild down 3-1 in that series as well? Just sayin'.

That's the ine that came to mind, Bert telling Minnesota fans not to bother buying tickets to the next home game.

Although I've told my Calgarian coworkers, wecan discuss the series Tuesday morning

Yawn.

Not a big deal really. They just lost and they don't want to come back to Vancouver. He's not looking Joe Fan in the eye and making a promise, he does what all atheletes do when they've just lost and are trying to create positive vibes and emotion for next game. Heck, that happens in rec league hockey every weekend.

It won't even make it up on the Canucks chalk board in their locker room tomorrow.

Archived