The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Fans Going To Calgary - Game 6

FS91

any where along the Red Mile and Flames Central (an old movie theater converted into a bar in downtown owned by the Flames), be careful as it can get aggressive. It's no different than any other city when you mix lots of people, alcohol and rivalry. I used to live there and when I cheered for our Canucks, I used to go to the small bars in the burbs as the atmosphere was more fun and not so aggressive. Have fun and use your good judgement.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/06/24/vancouver-riot-damage-bill-near-5m

vs

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/red-mile-catcalling-prompts-pussy-cats-consent-team-during-flames-game-1.3045724

Again not saying one is ok and the other is not, just pointing that vancouver city shouldn't be bashing another city in keeping things classy. A bit hypocritical don't you think? Anyways that's beside the point this thread isn't a calgary vs vancouver....

Not at all. The riots were a violent act carried out predominantly by males, but definitely some females were involved in it. It was an act spawned by both premeditated nihilists and drunken angry fans.

The scum infested actions of the red mile is an ingrained cultural choice that extends far beyond a playoff run. It's the accepted actions of local impotent creeps that is just now getting attention.

One is an act of stupidity and rage that isn't gender exclusive. The other is an act of stupidity and disgusting misogyny that is at it's very core gender exclusive.

Again....nice try, but no dice.

Not at all. The riots were a violent act carried out predominantly by males, but definitely some females were involved in it. It was an act spawned by both premeditated nihilists and drunken angry fans.

The scum infested actions of the red mile is an ingrained cultural choice that extends far beyond a playoff run. It's the accepted actions of local impotent creeps that is just now getting attention.

One is an act of stupidity and rage that isn't gender exclusive. The other is an act of stupidity and disgusting misogyny that is at it's very core gender exclusive.

Again....nice try, but no dice.

Who gives a crap if it's males or females. You said albertans are classless,

I said countered that British Columbians aren't without there flaws.... Now your up in arms. One is worse than other. Hmm I guess sexual harassment doesn't happen in BC...

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Woman+sexually+assaulted+during+morning+near+campus/10921890/story.html

Get a grip.....But you had a good day though.

My buddy was out in Canucks gear on the Red Mile during game 1. Had zero issues. Albeit, he was with another friend who was sporting his Flames jersey.

They're not what you'd call tough guys though, so if they had no problem you surely won't either. :)

Perception is everything, isn't it? Maybe you just fit in better with the Red Mile crowd and their charming haberdashery.

Vancouver is the largest port on the Western seaboard and a far more established and recognized city than Calgary could ever hope to be.

Calgary has oil and Stephen Harper. Awesome......thanks for that.

Yeah to stay safe don't make comments like this. Keep to yourself and if ur smart maybe bring a sweater to cover ur jersey after the game if we win. Just mind your own business and be submissive u will be fine.

Who gives a crap if it's males or females. You said albertans are classless,

I said countered that British Columbians aren't without there flaws.... Now your up in arms. One is worse than other. Hmm I guess sexual harassment doesn't happen in BC...

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Woman+sexually+assaulted+during+morning+near+campus/10921890/story.html

Get a grip.....But you had a good day though.

That article is your rebuttal? Wow. Yes, there is sexual assault, rape, and even murder in BC. No disputing this fact.

That is not the point here. There are hundreds of losers in Calgary who are showing flagrant disrespect for women and all you can do is copy paste articles from newspapers and mention the Stanley Cup riots in some vain hope of proving a point where one doesn't exist.

Enjoy your red mile

Yeah to stay safe don't make comments like this. Keep to yourself and if ur smart maybe bring a sweater to cover ur jersey after the game if we win. Just mind your own business and be submissive u will be fine.

Freedom of speech doesn't exist in that backwards ass cro magnon infested dustbowl.

I don't know why people are upset someone called Albertans drunken rednecks. Last I checked they have no problem calling us limp-wristed hipsters. Its a rivalry. That's how things are. Deal with it.

As for the riots, there is no real difference between Calgary and Vancouver (or anywhere else) in terms of "classless" fans. The riots in Vancouver happened because there were a bunch of people who were going to exploit the large drunken crowds to start one. You don't come to watch a hockey game with balaclavas and molotovs. Calgary has had a larger police presence during their cup run celebrations, even bringing in a chopper.

Despite our love of hating other fans, there is no difference between Calgarians and Vancouverites. People are people.

And if you disagree, you're probably one of those people who just rags on Canucks fans at any chance they get, and does nothing but complain about Vancouver. To which I say: Find a new team, move somewhere else.

That article is your rebuttal? Wow. Yes, there is sexual assault, rape, and even murder in BC. No disputing this fact.

That is not the point here. There are hundreds of losers in Calgary who are showing flagrant disrespect for women and all you can do is copy paste articles from newspapers and mention the Stanley Cup riots in some vain hope of proving a point where one doesn't exist.

Enjoy your red mile

Do you have troubles reading? Never said one thing that there isn't anything classy about sexual harassment or dismissing the fact that it's happening in calgary. Again just pointing out people in vancouver aren't without their flaws.. Calgary isn't the sexual harassement capital of the country, sexual harassement exists in all cities. Your really grasping that the straws to make this something it isn't, you called albertans classless, I said British columbians shouldn't be saying much. End of story.

I don't know why people are upset someone called Albertans drunken rednecks. Last I checked they have no problem calling us limp-wristed hipsters. Its a rivalry. That's how things are. Deal with it.

As for the riots, there is no real difference between Calgary and Vancouver (or anywhere else) in terms of "classless" fans. The riots in Vancouver happened because there were a bunch of people who were going to exploit the large drunken crowds to start one. You don't come to watch a hockey game with balaclavas and molotovs. Calgary has had a larger police presence during their cup run celebrations, even bringing in a chopper.

Despite our love of hating other fans, there is no difference between Calgarians and Vancouverites. People are people.

And if you disagree, you're probably one of those people who just rags on Canucks fans at any chance they get, and does nothing but complain about Vancouver. To which I say: Find a new team, move somewhere else.

The Calgarian's butt hurt that someone called his city out for the s*** hole it is

Do you have troubles reading? Never said one thing that there isn't anything classy about sexual harassment or dismissing the fact that it's happening in calgary. Again just pointing out people in vancouver aren't without their flaws.. Calgary isn't the sexual harassement capital of the country, sexual harassement exists in all cities. Your really grasping that the straws to make this something it isn't, you called albertans classless, I said British columbians shouldn't be saying much. End of story.

It's funny that you ask me if I have troubles reading when you sound like Borat's English tutor.

and everyone seems to forget the thousand or so people that came out of there own free will to help clean up there city... that's pretty awesome.... i am just sick of hearing about the riots people always remember the bad....

No one focuses on that here though. I'm a canucks fan living in calgary and its bad. It's the only fanbase that cares more about their opponents/fans then their own team, or the series. Almost every social media post... wine or lose, is about how the canucks fans suck, how they're nothing but rioters. They take joy in the riots that happened and pretty sure they're happy they did because they give them ammunition.

Many of them say grabbing an unsuspecting girls boobs on 17th ave is better then smashing windows in vancouver. We will always be "rioters' to them, and 'worst fanbase in sports' to them. But they are hypocritical and arrogant and all just laugh at us and say how $&!#ty the city and fans are. It's a tough week to live here haha

Freedom of speech doesn't exist in that backwards ass cro magnon infested dustbowl.

Can someone please give this guy a 48 hour ban? Guys always so rude and confrontational. I would just try and ignore him peeps.

Anyone who gets into or supports fights over Canadian hockey rivalries is just silly. If you have these type of aggression towards Calgary as a city or a team should seriously go the gym. You have way too much aggressive energy your not releasing. Take a chill pill Phillip.

Archived