The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Build Through 2015

We have to get younger! I fear we are becoming the old Flames that held onto all their valued players until they had little value left! Here's a couple trades to bring in some extra picks in the deep 2015 draft.

To Van: 16th pick and Teddy Purcell (put him with the twins and trade him next trade deadline)

To Edm: Lack, Corrado and Matthias rights

To Van: 18th pick and Patrick Wiercioch

To Ott: Edler

To Van: 19th pick and Mantha

To Det: Hamhuis and Higgins

To Van: Wsh 1rst rounder next year

To Wsh: Vrbata

This gets us four extra 1rst round picks and clears up some spots in the roster for the young guys that have to make the team or clear waivers like baertschi, vey, clendening and grenier.

Sedin Sedin Purcell

Baertschi Bonino Kassian

Burrows Horvat Grenier

Hansen Vey Dorsett

Wiercioch Tanev

Martin Beaucheman

Sbisa Bieksa

Clendening

Miller Markstrom

Then Sign Mike Green or some other ufa d men with all the saved cap space. Didn't do myself any favours posting that D. I get Purcell hasn't been any good but with the goalie market right now if we're gonna pull in the 16th pick we'll probably need to take a cap dump. Purcell only has one year left on his deal and playing with the Sedins you could probably get some value out of it.

i see 4 players moving this year...richardson, matthias, bieksa and a goalie....3 more the following year...higgins, burrows and weber....the next year, miller, vrbata, and hamhuis.....then the sedins retire the following year...not all at once...

We have to get younger! I fear we are becoming the old Flames that held onto all their valued players until they had little value left! Here's a couple trades to bring in some extra picks in the deep 2015 draft.

To Van: 16th pick and Teddy Purcell (put him with the twins and trade him next trade deadline)

To Edm: Lack, Corrado and Matthias rights

To Van: 18th pick and Patrick Wiercioch

To Ott: Edler

To Van: 19th pick and Mantha

To Det: Hamhuis and Higgins

To Van: Wsh 1rst rounder next year

To Wsh: Vrbata

This gets us four extra 1rst round picks and clears up some spots in the roster for the young guys that have to make the team or clear waivers like baertschi, vey, clendening and grenier.

Sedin Sedin Purcell

Baertschi Bonino Kassian

Burrows Horvat Grenier

Hansen Vey Dorsett

Wiercioch Tanev

Martin Beaucheman

Sbisa Bieksa

Clendening

Miller Markstrom

Lack, Corrado and Matthias are young................................

Then Sign Mike Green or some other ufa d men with all the saved cap space. Didn't do myself any favours posting that D. I get Purcell hasn't been any good but with the goalie market right now if we're gonna pull in the 16th pick we'll probably need to take a cap dump. Purcell only has one year left on his deal and playing with the Sedins you could probably get some value out of it.

ADHD?

take some meds

Man, there are some rude people who think it's a virtue...

Overall OP, I'd endorse an approach like this, want to see the team get younger, too. Only I'd prefer they were ballsy enough to have made the 'hard decisions' this past TDL. It was an EXCELLENT opportunity to sell.

Really confused as to why people would want to trade either Edler or Hamhuis, clearly our two best defenders. Martin and Beauchemin replacing them? what are we doing here?

Trade the twins and replace them with Shawn Horcoff and Martin Erat!!!!!

would ya, could ya, should ya,?. The pieces that do need to go is Miller, Burr, Either/or Edler- Hamuis.

For a positive return better to let Edler go in a trade. Miller won't go anywhere but the West coast, so San Jose.

Miller/ Edler ,van 1st 2015 - Brent Burns, a prospect and SJ 1st 2015

Offer Burr up to Montreal for a second rd 2015 or Lars Eller. (Eller $3.5, Burr $4.5) saving 1 mil.

Vancouver needs a little more toughness on the blue line, hence, Burns.

Richardson and Mathius are gone, so room for rookies.

Van is limited in what they can do, NTC, has and will hamper most talks.

Try to sign Justin Williams out of LA. The leadership is what the Canucks need.

If at all on draft day, choose the best right handed D-man in the draft, whether picking at 9 or 23.

If van gets Eller, then a secondary move of Bonino is needed, and Horvat moves to the second line.

I don't see where Burrows would fit in Montreal's line-up. I don't see them having any interest in him at all. People seem to think Montreal would want him just because he's French. Also, I don't see them moving Eller. He's young, inexpensive, big, recently re-signed and looks to be the successor to Plekanec as their 2-way centre.

Really confused as to why people would want to trade either Edler or Hamhuis, clearly our two best defenders. Martin and Beauchemin replacing them? what are we doing here?

Trade the twins and replace them with Shawn Horcoff and Martin Erat!!!!!

They would hold great value in a trade. Teams that are close to contending will pay to have good players on good contracts rather than overpay or strike out on free agency! We aren't close to contending so we should be looking at trading our value players now. I'd pay a little more than everybody else for lets say like a Martin and Mcquaid in free agency.

With where the Canucks are I'd rather have

Konecny or Svechnikov at 18th overall, Roy at 19th overall, Weircioch, Mantha, Martin and McQuaid

Rather than

Edler, Hamhuis and Higgins for a couple more years until their trade value hits rock bottom and we can't get anything to help the retool.

Benning turned over 1/3 of the team last year. We won't see that much action again.

Adding youth / getting younger means promoting prospects. This year Baertschi, Corrado, and Clendening.

Give an outside chance to Gaunce, Grenier and Virtanen.

To make room, Matthias, Higgins up front, maybe Stanton, Weber or Bieksa on the back end and of course Markstrom in goal.

In addition to that I could see a physical defenseman brought in as a UFA.

This is still a lot of movement relatively 4/23 or 17%

Agree with Smithers Joe (above) in principle. Moving 3 or 4 players a year for 3 or 4 years is a lot of change and will result in a very different looking team at the end.

Archived