The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Signing-Soderberg

Ok, so im guessing Matthias will get just under this.

Why? Soderberg is twice the player and he scored that many points playing 3rd line minutes. Using this signing as a yardstick I'd say Matthias gets $3m max.

There is a huge difference between the difference between 4.75m and 3.0m and the difference between 4.0m and 3.0m. The first is two figures not close to being in the same ballpark, and the second is two figures roughly in the same ballpark.

There is a huge difference between the difference between 4.75m and 3.0m and the difference between 4.0m and 3.0m. The first is two figures not close to being in the same ballpark, and the second is two figures roughly in the same ballpark.

Exactly - I'm reading $4.75m not $4m.

my bad, for some reason thought it was 4.0 mil

A little pricy but this is still great news. Looks like Mack will stay at RW for the time being. For that kind of money I would have to think the plan is to put him in Radar's spot between Landy and Mack next year. Hopefully after another year though he'll have become defensively responsible enough to move into a top 6 C role long term then Soderberg can shift to the wing since Tangs will likely be done or 3C if we draft a Crouse/Rantanen/Zacha today.

Archived