The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

3 minutes ago, Spotted Zebra said:

Boeser with his 26th goal, turnover, and he was alone in front.

Also anyone who has been doubting his speed following the world Juniors. His skating is not just fine but good.

He has a change of pace, where he skates then kicks it to another gear to make space.  Can certainly handle the puck and make plays too, like he just did to Caggiula.  Impressed with his defence as well -- breaking up lots of plays.  Purt decent for a freshman.

3 minutes ago, Spotted Zebra said:

Boeser with his 26th goal, turnover, and he was alone in front.

Also anyone who has been doubting his speed following the world Juniors. His skating is not just fine but good.

This guy is leading his team as a FRESHMAN. 

Does anyone know why he wasn't on the initial shortlist for Hobey Baker voting? I feel like he would have made the final 10 cut if he was and that he was definitely more deserving than some of the players on the initial list.

Edit: didn't mean to quote a post

Edited by Diamonds

15 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Brock, the steal of the draft? 

Be careful. When I said Boeser could end up being the 3rd best player in his draft I was laughed at. We'll see who's the last one laughing in 3 years. 

Can you imagine if we got Matthews?  Matthews and Boeser on the same line. Oh my...

Edited by Harvey Spector
  • Upvote 3

Way to pick em, Benning! Make the playoffs and still come out with a player that should have gone to a non playoff team. If the hockey gods bless us with Matthews this year, we'll be poised to be a future powerhouse. Defense still needs work but we're finally about to have the assets to address that. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Brock, the steal of the draft? 

I wouldn't call him the steal of the draft; he is one of the few later picks that are rising above expectations. Out of the NCAA notables in that draft, I would say he ranks behind only Kyle Connor.

2 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Be careful. When I said Boeser could end up being the 3rd best player in his draft I was laughed at. We'll see who's the last one laughing in 3 years. 

Because it was a stupid thing to say and fit in perfectly with the overhyping prospects theme that was being argued