The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

21 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

pretty much fact summarizes your knowledge of the situation. You're pretty much trolling.

I'm going to edit this post because I think what you are doing is different than trolling. You actually believe what you are saying and that is perfectly clear. A troll is someone who is just saying something to get a rise out of people, and while you are doing that, you are saying it because you honestly believe it.

In my mind what you are saying is patently stupid, moronic, idiotic, and a waste of time, but your opinion is valid, because you have an opinion.

Where you become a nuisance is when you repeat yourself to the same audience. We get it. You think Demko won't sign because there's another team that he covets. You don't need to say that in every thread you visit. 

Sorry for sidetracking the Boeser thread. I pumped my fist when we drafted him and I'm happy to see his development take a quantum leap this year.

Like I said all along, I love Boeser, but he's not ours until he signs.  I think us getting rid of vets, opens more spots for him, which could be attractive enough to get him out early. I'm hoping anyway.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Like I said all along, I love Boeser, but he's not ours until he signs.  I think us getting rid of vets, opens more spots for him, which could be attractive enough to get him out early. I'm hoping anyway.

What is the likelihood that Boeser plays 3 more years for NDU and becomes a free agent in 2019?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

What is the likelihood that Boeser plays 3 more years for NDU and becomes a free agent in 2019?

I'm hoping that happening has ZERO chance.  But that little pr*^k Vessey just won the HB and went UFA.  So it's not Zero. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

Super unlikely. He will likely join the Canucks this time next year. He is too skilled to want to be that patient. He isn't a late Bloomer like Vesey.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm hoping that happening has ZERO chance.  But that little pr*^k Vessey just won the HB and went UFA.  So it's not Zero. 

So the NCHC rookie of the year named to the All-American team starting lineup for the East in his first year, is going to wait 3 more years before turning pro. I guess that makes about as much sense as anything you say.

44 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

Boeser just tore it up in his freshman year. Doubt he won't be signed by his senior year

I don't get why we don't get the kid out now.  We could dangle the concept that if he comes now he would be finished his ELC when the rest of his class is just graduating.  What do you think?

Him and Horvat in my opinion are game-changing players for the future. These are the types of guys we need to draft. Players who want to win and play extremely well under pressure. Bo played amazing in the memorial cup game and so did Boeser in his championship game. So pumped to see these guys develop and be a key part of this team going forward!!

Edited by The Great 8
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don't get why we don't get the kid out now.  We could dangle the concept that if he comes now he would be finished his ELC when the rest of his class is just graduating.  What do you think?

Because, as you have pointed out in countless threads, the player gets to decide to stay in college or leave-HE GET'S TO DECIDE.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

Him and Horvat in my opinion are game-changing players for the future. These are the types of guys we need to draft. Players who want to win and play extremely well under pressure. Bo played amazing in the memorial cup game and so did Boeser in his championship game. So pumped to see these guys develop and be a key part of this team going forward!!

Even in last year's playoffs against the Flames, you could see Bo elevate his play. Scored the first goal of the series and was all over the ice. He even nearly scored on an end-to-end rush if I recall, dangling the whole Calgary roster. 

15 minutes ago, gurn said:

Because, as you have pointed out in countless threads, the player gets to decide to stay in college or leave-HE GET'S TO DECIDE.

Well, that SUCKS!  There must be something JB can use as a carrot to get these guys to sign.  

The forward core we are building is one that will be built for the Playoffs. In those games where you can't buy an inch, its the best mix of character and ability that comes through. We have great set of players who combine both of those in Horvat, Boeser, Virtanen, McCann, Etem, Gaunce, Cassels, etc. Obviously some of them are more skilled than others, but they all have the character and the will that a championship team is made of.

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

********* - McCann - Boeser

Granlund - Gaunce - Etem

********* - Cassels - Zhukenov

Add in another top-6 pick (potentially Mathews, Laine, Pulujaarvi, Tkachuk or Dubois) and we are looking very good up front in the future. I think Boeser, Horvat and Virtanen will be the new faces of the franchise with guys like McCann and our drafted player as well.

Just now, Horvat is a Boss said:

The forward core we are building is one that will be built for the Playoffs. In those games where you can't buy an inch, its the best mix of character and ability that comes through. We have great set of players who combine both of those in Horvat, Boeser, Virtanen, McCann, Etem, Gaunce, Cassels, etc. Obviously some of them are more skilled than others, but they all have the character and the will that a championship team is made of.

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen

********* - McCann - Boeser

Granlund - Gaunce - Etem

********* - Cassels - Zhukenov

Add in another top-6 pick (potentially Mathews, Laine, Pulujaarvi, Tkachuk or Dubois) and we are looking very good up front in the future. I think Boeser, Horvat and Virtanen will be the new faces of the franchise with guys like McCann and our drafted player as well.

If this was a year ago, Who in their right mind would find hope or plausibility in your mock line-up? Oh my, how a year has changed our outlook, lol.

And... maybe Rodin turns out to be real...

2 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Doesn't look like he's turning pro just yet:

It seems management is waiting for Boeser to approach them...

I am not sure what the rules are about NHL teams talking to their draft picks in the NCAA. If they are allowed to talk they should stay in touch. I was surprised when Demko said he had not talked to the Canucks this year. If there is an NCAA rule against it, fine. But, if not, the management team should stay in contact even if all they say is "great game, Brock" or "Congratulations on the championship".

5 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I am not sure what the rules are about NHL teams talking to their draft picks in the NCAA. If they are allowed to talk they should stay in touch. I was surprised when Demko said he had not talked to the Canucks this year. If there is an NCAA rule against it, fine. But, if not, the management team should stay in contact even if all they say is "great game, Brock" or "Congratulations on the championship".

Its against NCAA rules to have an agent while playing in the NCAA. I'm pretty sure it's also against there rules to have contact with members of a professional organization