The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

5 hours ago, NucknAsia said:

I do hope that after seeing Brock in the end of season media panel, after seeing what he's been going through, that Canucks' fans start realizing that hockey players are human beings too. They are not video game characters who don't have personal issues. Brock has been so close to his father, he lost a close friend as a teenager, his father has been ill for a very long time, and people ignore that he's human and this can affect your mental ability to focus, your desire to compete, everything.

Sending prayers to Brock and his family, and hoping he re-signs here and lifts a cup for Duke in Vancouver. 

He's not only a human, he's a really awesome one as shown by his dedication to his family and charitable work.  Duke raised a fine young man and it's been painful to see Boeser go through this.

• Upvote 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He's not only a human, he's a really awesome one as shown by his dedication to his family and charitable work.  Duke raised a fine young man and it's been painful to see Boeser go through this.

It is posts like this, that have kept me from blocking your usual missives.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

All very true.  Brock is a really quality person.  But if we could trade his RFA rights for Marino and Kapanen (RFA rights) we have to do it.  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

All very true.  Brock is a really quality person.  But if we could trade his RFA rights for Marino and Kapanen (RFA rights) we have to do it.  

I'd consider it if we got something useful instead of Kapanen, but I'd rather get an elite passer to set Boeser up.  The Oates to his Hull.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd consider it if we got something useful instead of Kapanen, but I'd rather get an elite passer to set Boeser up.  The Oates to his Hull.

Brock does have shot (especially his wrister) that few have.  I think JR understands the uniqueness of Brock’s shot and wants to keep him.  I think Petey can be the centre to play with Brock.  When was the last time we saw them both healthy (physically and mentally) and playing together?  

**I think JR trades one of Boeser or Garland for Marino.

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Brock does have shot (especially his wrister) that few have.  I think JR understands the uniqueness of Brock’s shot and wants to keep him.  I think Petey can be the centre to play with Brock.  When was the last time we saw them both healthy (physically and mentally) and playing together?  

**I think JR trades one of Boeser or Garland for Marino.

Garland would work for me.  Boeser is still way more valuable than Marino and I simply don't want Kapanen.

• Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Garland would work for me.  Boeser is still way more valuable than Marino and I simply don't want Kapanen.

We know JR like Kapanen though.  I could see Garland for Marino and Kapanen.  Rumours on 650 today (coming out of media in Pittsburgh) that it could be Miller for Marino + +.  I could definitely see JR wanting one of the pluses to be Kapanen.  

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We know JR like Kapanen though.  I could see Garland for Marino and Kapanen.  Rumours on 650 today (coming out of media in Pittsburgh) that it could be Miller for Marino + +.  I could definitely see JR wanting one of the pluses to be Kapanen.  

I'm not going to be happy if we take him,, especially giving up a valuable asset in exchange.  Pittsburgh simply doesn't have anything valuable enough to give up Miller for.

Edited by King Heffy

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I'm not going to be happy if we take him, especially giving up a valuable asset in exchange.  Pittsburgh simply doesn't have anything valuable enough to give up Miller for.

Marino is a 25 year old RSD who plays top four.  Could be JR’s target for a long term Hughes’ partner.  And JR likes Kapanen.  

Would would for sure need to dump Myers on someone though.  

I don’t see Boeser having enough value to get Marino.  But maybe JR can make that happen?  

Just now, Alflives said:

Marino is a 25 year old RSD who plays top four.  Could be JR’s target for a long term Hughes’ partner.  And JR likes Kapanen.  

Would would for sure need to dump Myers on someone though.  

I don’t see Boeser having enough value to get Marino.  But maybe JR can make that happen?  

Marino is good, just not worth Miller.  JR needs to be fired on the spot if he trades anything of actual value for Kapanen.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Marino is good, just not worth Miller.  JR needs to be fired on the spot if he trades anything of actual value for Kapanen.

I’m a feared JR might trade Boeser’s RFA rights straight up for Kapanen’s RFA rights.  Boeser’s 7.5 QO out for Kapanen at 3.0

Saves on the cap.  

JR did draft Kapanen in round one, and traded 15OA to get him back from Toronto.  JR very much likes Kapanen.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Alflives said:

I’m a feared JR might trade Boeser’s RFA rights straight up for Kapanen’s RFA rights.  Boeser’s 7.5 QO out for Kapanen at 3.0

Saves on the cap.  

JR did draft Kapanen in round one, and traded 15OA to get him back from Toronto.  JR very much likes Kapanen.  

That's frightening, since Boeser is worth about 5.5 and Kapanen is absolutely useless.  That savings is a huge step back when you waste 3M on a plug.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

Saves on the cap.  

Kapanen, 26 July, 6'1 RFA this summer...Last 4 seasons have not been good for Kapenen.. Vancouver would want Kapenen, Poulin?, (2023-- 2nd rounder )

I looked up Pittsburghs prospect in Future Watch not great.. Samual Poulin 21, 6'3 C ( #71 Future Watch)

If trading Boeser  would rather trade with teams with good prospects..

Minnesoda - would be a good trade partner ? Dumba 27 RD RFA - 6 million previous season? try and sign AAV 5.5 million X 3 yrs

Greenway 25, 6'6, 225, LW--- GP 62 -  G 8 - PTS 29  averaging over last 3 seasons.. Salary 2 years X 3 million remaining...

Minnesoda  are up against cap and will have to make some special deals..

Kapenan

2021-22- GP 79- G 11 - PTS 32

2020-21- GP 40 - G 11 - PTS  30

2019-20- GP 69-G 13 - PTS 36

2018-19- GP 78 - G 20 -PTS 44

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

Kapanen, 26 July, 6'1 RFA this summer...Last 4 seasons have not been good for Kapenen.. Vancouver would want Kapenen, Poulin?, (2023-- 2nd rounder )

I looked up Pittsburghs prospect in Future Watch not great.. Samual Poulin 21, 6'3 C ( #71 Future Watch)

If trading Boeser  would rather trade with teams with good prospects..

Minnesoda - would be a good trade partner ? Dumba 27 RD RFA - 6 million previous season? try and sign AAV 5.5 million X 3 yrs

Greenway 25, 6'6, 225, LW--- GP 62 -  G 8 - PTS 29  averaging over last 3 seasons.. Salary 2 years X 3 million remaining...

Minnesoda  are up against cap and will have to make some special deals..

Kapenan

2021-22- GP 79- G 11 - PTS 32

2020-21- GP 40 - G 11 - PTS  30

2019-20- GP 69-G 13 - PTS 36

2018-19- GP 78 - G 20 -PTS 44

Love to get more than Kapanen for Boeser.  But considering Boeser's contract status (7.5 QO) his value is very low.  Getting the rights to RFA Kapanen might be all we can get for Boeser.  JR likes (has liked) Kapanen.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1