The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] EDDIE TO CAROLINA

Stix

How is it eddie's fault about playoffs, How about 3 goals on 7 shots in basically a must win game. He single handedly put canucks in a hole that teams can rarely climb out of. Listen, lack is a decent goalie, but he's not as the saviour that everyone claim him out to be.

Haha (yes it was a bad game) but how about Miller did worse in a must win game after a 3:0 lead?

This argument won't get you anywhere... And don't get me wrong Lack is not a savior or something

like that but the best goalie option we had for the next 2-5 years and we blew it for a 3rd. Nice!

Haha (yes it was a bad game) but how about Miller did worse in a must win game after a 3:0 lead?

This argument won't get you anywhere... And don't get me wrong Lack is not a savior or something

like that but the best goalie option we had for the next 2-5 years and we blew it for a 3rd. Nice!

This. Not only did Miller prove unable to hold a 3 goal lead but the guy who regained the lead for us in the end (Sbisa) is getting roasted on this board pretty much constantly, mainly because of his contract which is worth about half of Miller's bloated salary. By the way I have not read anywhere that Lack was our "savior", just that considering the starts and opposition he clearly had a better year than Miller did.The notion that we "had" to trade him is idiotic especially when it is suggested that he would want a big raise after next year (which would almost certainly still be far less than Miller is getting). The reason we "had" to trade him is that by signing Miller to that ridiculous contract Benning rendered him worthless as a trade asset and Markstrom's 4th straight year of NHL frustration rendered HIM worthless as well. Neither of them are worth a bag of pucks right now. Well done JB!

The thing that bothers me most about Lack compared to other goalies we've had is that when the workload increases, his play drops rather than rises.

Comparing Lack, Luongo, Miller, and Schneider during their times in Canucks jerseys when facing 35+ shots in a game.

Save %

Schneider: 94.2% (1021/1084)

Luongo: 93.6% (3795/4056)

Miller: 92.8% (142/153)

Lack: 91.0% (578/635)

Lack falls apart when things get tough.

The thing that bothers me most about Lack compared to other goalies we've had is that when the workload increases, his play drops rather than rises.

Comparing Lack, Luongo, Miller, and Schneider during their times in Canucks jerseys when facing 35+ shots in a game.

Save %

That's what I've noticed as well, he plays great off the bench and after sitting for a number of games but has trouble if he's played over a stretch.

One of the best back up goalies you could ask for but I'm not sure he will make a great starter.

A .921 save percentage in 41 appearances is decent enough to be a stating goaltender. I personally do not believe the Canucks received full value for Lack. No-one is going to take Miller at 6 million per for the next two years and Markstrom has proven himself in the AHL to the point where he has to move up. Perhaps Benning could have waited until after the draft and received a decent defenseman. All we fans can do is wait and see if Brisbois pans out. The scouts feel he will be able to play in the NHL in about 5 years. As for the 7th round pick......?

Miller's play in game 6 wasn't acceptable, and we can say that because the standards we had for him are way higher than Lack's.

Markstrom by the end of the year will be better than Lack currently is. He is the best goalie option we have in two years and will stay that way for years to come.

Miller's play in game 6 wasn't acceptable, and we can say that because the standards we had for him are way higher than Lack's.

Markstrom by the end of the year will be better than Lack currently is. He is the best goalie option we have in two years and will stay that way for years to come.

Miller should never have played he said himself he was not 100%. I have no idea why a coach would put in a subpar goalie when you have a goalie that is 100%. I am not saying Lack is better cause he isn't but Lack was 100% healthy so putting in a goalie who isn't feeling 100% for an elimination game after he hasn't played in months is just stupid.

Miller should never have played he said himself he was not 100%. I have no idea why a coach would put in a subpar goalie when you have a goalie that is 100%. I am not saying Lack is better cause he isn't but Lack was 100% healthy so putting in a goalie who isn't feeling 100% for an elimination game after he hasn't played in months is just stupid.

Lack lost 3 of 4. Miller won his first start even after coming back from injury. If Lack wanted to keep the net he should have been better.

Baertschi, Pedan, and Dorsett trades were good. Probably over paid/ or over extended Dorsett though. Drafting McCann and Virtanen I'd say were good moves.

I agree and many might hate this but signing Miller to help our younger goalies at the time worked out GREAT for us and still will untill Markstrom is ready to be a starter!He also has to contend with the team Gillis left us which was a disaster with contracts!People hate that other teams do more then us but Benning is doing only what he can so deal with that and don't get mad as he is doing the best he can with what he has!

Save %

Did you even see how the D played in front of him at times last year?

Benning said himself, eastern GM's don't even watch teams out west and don't know the players. Pathetic really, but that's how humans work.

I heard him say it too. He should've known if he were to trade Lack to an eastern team that he wouldn't get fair value in return. That falls squarely on JB and TL's head. They weren't prepared and were out flanked by the opposition

This trade was pathetic. Lack has more value than those two picks. Absolute joke. But it had to be done one way or the other. I'm gonna miss you EDDIE! You brought the crowd to its feet with your phenomenal saves. I wish you were a Canuck more longer. When you become a free agent, please come back here. You will dearly be missed EDDIE especially EDDIE chants.

This trade was pathetic. Lack has more value than those two picks. Absolute joke. But it had to be done one way or the other. I'm gonna miss you EDDIE! You brought the crowd to its feet with your phenomenal saves. I wish you were a Canuck more longer. When you become a free agent, please come back here. You will dearly be missed EDDIE especially EDDIE chants.

Actually no he didn't have any more value. He got exactly what was expected when you say Dubnyk get a 2nd rounder you knew Lack was more than likely only going to be a 3rd/4th. Like Lu said Vancouver loves it backups and that's all Lack will likely ever be a backup.

I don't see how people think Lack was worth more,Benning himself said he wanted a 2nd,well guess what he wasn't worth that he was worth what we got so stop crying people!

EXACTLY.

GMJB wanted 2nd's for Lack, but the reality was only a 3rd and a 7th. Which means, other teams definitely didn't valued Lack that highly.

It's not rocket science guys.

The D has played the same as it has for the past 5 years the difference is Lu and Schneider are not in net.

I remember the nights Luongo allowed 5 or more goals and arguing he had been hung out to dry by the defencemen who stood around and allowed way too many shots from prime spots in front of the net. The answer back then was he should stop those since he gets paid so much money.

Again, the most popular player on any given team is the back up goalie.

Like I've said, his age was the first impediment. Second, and most relevant, is that there was no bidding war for him. The reason why Lehner cost what he did was because of a bidding war between 4 teams. The Sabres just happened to offer the best pick of the four. Not to mention Murray took a 3.5 million dollar cap hit off their books (Legwand). The Sabres needed to reach the cap floor (they weren't even close to it at that point) and Legwand was part of the solution to that.

Like I've said, his age was the first impediment. Second, and most relevant, is that there was no bidding war for him. The reason why Lehner cost what he did was because of a bidding war between 4 teams. The Sabres just happened to offer the best pick of the four. Not to mention Murray took a 3.5 million dollar cap hit off their books (Legwand). The Sabres needed to reach the cap floor (they weren't even close to it at that point) and Legwand was part of the solution to that.

That is far too rational an answer.

Archived