The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why all the panic!?

BlackRedYellow

It would've been really nice to see a better return for Lack, or to have just not moved him at all, there was no real urgency to dump him for a song at this point.

3 goalies with 1 way contracts say differently................. (see my previous post)

You dont make and maintain billions of dollars in net worth by not caring about losing money. Regardless, the Canucks are proably a big chunk. Being worth 800 mil and all.

Edit: I googled their net worth rq and its 5 billion. So the 800 million dollar Canucks is a pretty massive chunk of that. I'm sure they are a lot. They just dont have the same philosophy on what will or wont make the franchise crash and burn.

This is correct. The Aquilini's didn't buy the Canucks and more than double it's value because of their health. Profits aside, they are dedicated to making the company the best it can be every season. Sure, they can make profits with CSE in more ways than one, but since the fans want to make the playoffs every season, they will be starting there. With any luck, a cup will arrive one of these seasons.

Benning and Linden have given up. They are clueless as to how to rebuild this team, and have absolutely no negotiation ability whatsoever. The Canucks were 8th overall in the NHL this season. Next season we will be bottom feeders. I am certain that those who have been calling for the team to tank will be happy, however, I have no desire to watch my team turn into the Oilers or Sabres.

When Linden was hired I was actually happy, I never thought he would be the one to rip the heart and soul right out of it, which is exactly what he is doing.

I am sure Burrows is next to be shown the door.

What a joke this team is becoming.

It took us how long to develop lack? So we could trade him for a third? What a waste.

We took an undrafted lack and developed him into a tradable asset. We got the 66th overall draft pick in a very deep draft year. So it was far from a waste.

Benning and Linden have given up. They are clueless as to how to rebuild this team, and have absolutely no negotiation ability whatsoever. The Canucks were 8th overall in the NHL this season. Next season we will be bottom feeders. I am certain that those who have been calling for the team to tank will be happy, however, I have no desire to watch my team turn into the Oilers or Sabres.

When Linden was hired I was actually happy, I never thought he would be the one to rip the heart and soul right out of it, which is exactly what he is doing.

I am sure Burrows is next to be shown the door.

What a joke this team is becoming.

AHHAHAHAHHhaHAHAHahhahAHHAHAHahHAHAHAhAHahhahahahahAHAHAhahahahhahAHAHHAHAhahahaHAHAHahaha...yeah...

do you remember last year we were written off as bottom feeders? and as u pointed out, we finished 8th.

Hey look it looks like we're gonna be bottom feeders again this year, right?

I don't see criticisms as panic. And boy does benning deserve some. His trades this off season and the over payment to Sbisa and Dorset have been very poor. He has just not been able to get value for his trades.

He could have had SJ 2nd round pick in '16. He declines that but then turns around and trades to Anaheim for a lower 2nd rounder .... WTF!

He didn't get in on the Hamilton or Reinhart trades.

Very very poor GMing so far.

I don't see criticisms as panic. And boy does benning deserve some. His trades this off season and the over payment to Sbisa and Dorset have been very poor. He has just not been able to get value for his trades.

He could have had SJ 2nd round pick in '16. He declines that but then turns around and trades to Anaheim for a lower 2nd rounder .... WTF!

He didn't get in on the Hamilton or Reinhart trades.

Very very poor GMing so far.

Oh, good that you actually know all of this!? Especially since JB says that SJ actually never offered the 2nd when it all came around. (But I guess he should have forced them to trade the pic against their will!?)

And we (obviously) didn't have the assets the team wanted for Hamilton. If you think that is bad management, then continue to live in your dreams...

Regarding Sbisa, I really don't know yet. I saw many games where he played excellent! I guess you never saw them? So sure, he's been up and down, but still young, so I'd rather give him the benefit of a doubt than throw dislike against him. At least for one more full season.

Oh, good that you actually know all of this!? Especially since JB says that SJ actually never offered the 2nd when it all came around. (But I guess he should have forced them to trade the pic against their will!?)

And we (obviously) didn't have the assets the team wanted for Hamilton. If you think that is bad management, then continue to live in your dreams...

Regarding Sbisa, I really don't know yet. I saw many games where he played excellent! I guess you never saw them? So sure, he's been up and down, but still young, so I'd rather give him the benefit of a doubt than throw dislike against him. At least for one more full season.

Ahh, another Canucks yes man. Why don't you continue to live in your fantasy world living in your parents basement and pretending the canucks can do no wrong ...

Ahh, another Canucks yes man. Why don't you continue to live in your fantasy world living in your parents basement and pretending the canucks can do no wrong ...

I'll do that when you grow up! Besides, who says I like everything they do!? Oh, right, I forgot, you know everything, so I must be wrong, sorry...

No panic from me.

This team may be hard pressed to make the playoffs. Saving grace will be that they still play in worst division in the league.

I am ok if they don't make the playoffs. Lots of players to deal at deadline.

I just want to see younger players given opportunities to play.

The panic is because CDC looks at stats. Not team culture or player personalities and issues. Dorsett and Prust together are going to give every team fits. Head on a swivel boys.

That and because they show their age as 14 year old boys when they post things about only the "sexy" signings or trades. Every 14 year old boy on here wants the Crosby and Toews' of this world but thinks the Canucks should give up Linden Vey solely just to get them.

Why all the elitism?

We can't criticize any more without hyperbole? It's not panic to dislike a move. It's just disliking a move. We heard the same with Gillis and Torts, was that panic?

There is panic and then there is unexplainable panic for no reason. Sure you can dislike them, but plenty of people have explained simply little clues to deals and people just ignore those posts. We explained NTC's, stop gaps and other things that the organization has to considered when trading or signing, but the youngsters seem to continue to want "Instant Glory".

Archived